Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 296

post #4426 of 5143

Samsung Galaxy S3, FiiO E18 & Spiderpodium:

http://androidspin.com/2011/02/18/accessory-review-breffo-spiderpodium-universal-gadget-grip-and-more/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49206767&postcount=74

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

post #4427 of 5143

Nice find DanBa! Thanks.

post #4428 of 5143
Cool idea. Any other ideas on non-permanently attaching DAC's/amps to phones?
post #4429 of 5143

Put amp dac in one pocket, phone on the other. Use a long cable, to let you use your phone normally.

post #4430 of 5143

Velcro a cheap phone case (non wrapping, just the kind that covers the back and corners) to the E18 (or other) and snap your phone in and out as needed.

post #4431 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

Put amp dac in one pocket, phone on the other. Use a long cable, to let you use your phone normally.
The cable would have to have an extra 18" or so, which would have to be dealt with each time you put it back in your pocket.
post #4432 of 5143

Velcro may be too weak.  Look for 3M/Scotch Dual Lock regular (RF9730CH-C) or Low Profile version, way stronger attachment than Velcro.  Get a cheap case for the phone, then stick half the dual lock onto that and the other half onto the DAC/Amp. 

post #4433 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Put amp dac in one pocket, phone on the other. Use a long cable, to let you use your phone normally.

This ^

post #4434 of 5143

Me, I use two cases, one regular for work, and another with 3M Dual-Lock for weekends/trips).

 

Here is my case/setup for weekends/trip.

 

post #4435 of 5143
Thread Starter 

Just got my 128gb card, working with its default exFat formatting in the Note 3. Very nice increase in local music storage for playback via the Dragonfly 1.2 and UAPP.

post #4436 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

Just got my 128gb card, working with its default exFat formatting in the Note 3. Very nice increase in local music storage for playback via the Dragonfly 1.2 and UAPP.


Standard ROM on that SIII?

post #4437 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

Just got my 128gb card, working with its default exFat formatting in the Note 3. Very nice increase in local music storage for playback via the Dragonfly 1.2 and UAPP.

 

 

Very good news this 128 Gb.  But... today, Do we still need UAPP to stream 24/96 bits out to an external DAC ? (I am thinking using the Chord HUGO as DAC/AMP).

 

I thought 4.4 will bring some sort of improvement on the USB Audio side ? 

 

Besides, has someone tested the  Note 3 + Chord HUGO ? 


Edited by bmichels - 4/1/14 at 1:07am
post #4438 of 5143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

 

 

Very good news this 128 Gb.  But... today, Do we still need UAPP to stream 24/96 bits out to an external DAC ? (I am thinking using the Chord HUGO as DAC/AMP).

 

I thought 4.4 will bring some sort of improvement on the USB Audio side ? 

 

Besides, has someone tested the  Note 3 + Chord HUGO ? 

 

Depends on the phone, the upcoming Sony Z2 has an option for 24-bit output to external DACs.

post #4439 of 5143

Sony Z2  looks interesting, but... I understood that it do NOT has MicroSD expansion capability ? correct ? what is it's max capacity..for LARGE high-res files  ?

 

So, is there a 24 bits capable Android device that also provide decent storage ??

post #4440 of 5143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

Sony Z2  looks interesting, but... I understood that it do NOT has MicroSD expansion capability ? correct ? what is it's max capacity..for LARGE high-res files  ?

 

So, is there a 24 bits capable Android device that also provide decent storage ??

 

Z2 has a card slot, will take 128GB cards.

 

DanBa might be able to let you know whether the Note 3 or G2 can do 24-bit audio to external DACs.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs