- 4,389 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank Fiio very much for providing me with the opportunity to review the X5 iii. This review is part of Fiio’s tour, there is no monetary incentive for a positive...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 285post #4261 of 87963/3/14 at 7:20amThere is a trial version of it on Play store, try that first.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4262 of 87963/3/14 at 7:26amQuote:
DanBa keeps files with compatibility listings in this thread. I put a link to his last post, just below.post #4263 of 87963/3/14 at 7:48am
A list of stock Android-powered devices reportedly interworking with standard USB DAC:
stock Android device > digital USB audio out >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3:
stock Samsung Galaxy S3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy Note2:
stock Galaxy Note2 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samung Galaxy S4:
stock Samsung Galaxy S4 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy Note3:
stock Samsung Galaxy Note3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly non-interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 / Note2 / S4 / Note3 using USB Audio Recorder PRO / USB Audio Player PRO:
A list of USB OTG cables:
The basics:post #4264 of 87963/3/14 at 7:49ampost #4265 of 87963/3/14 at 7:52ampost #4266 of 87963/3/14 at 7:53amQuote:Originally Posted by StanD
DanBa keeps files with compatibility listings in this thread. I put a link to his last post, just below.
Thank you very much StanD. Thanks also DanBa.post #4267 of 87963/3/14 at 11:16amCould anyone advice which would be the cheapest and preferably lightest android tablet that supports my SMSL Fort DAC/amp combo system wide, i.e. being able to use any app I like to play music?
(The SMSL Fort sports the same DAC as ELE.)
So far I'm leaning towards a 1 gen Nexus 7 running CM11. Am I right to assume that the Nexus will drive the Fort without a problem, or could power draw be an issue?
Any other suggestions?
Sent a long time ago from a Galaxy S2 far, far away...post #4268 of 87963/3/14 at 11:59ampost #4269 of 87963/3/14 at 12:01pmpost #4270 of 87963/3/14 at 12:10pmQuote:
Buying SD cards on eBay can be tricky, there's a lot of conterfeits out there.post #4271 of 87963/3/14 at 12:15pm
Yeah, I'd be cautious of buying any memory cards from fleabay or anywhere else that's sketchy-- there are a TON of fakes out there, and I've seen them just flake out quite a bit (I work with micro SD cards regularly at my job).post #4272 of 87963/3/14 at 12:20pmQuote:
And if you buy a class 10, if it works it may be a class 2, 4 if you're lucky. Let's hope our friend is double lucky.post #4273 of 87963/3/14 at 12:43pmQuote:
The first batch ran out within 30 minutes, good luck on your hunt.post #4274 of 87963/3/14 at 1:05pmpost #4275 of 87963/3/14 at 2:00pm
Reconfirming with pictures.
Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
OS: Android 4.4.2
DAC: M2tech Hiface DAC 32/384
Re: Neutron Amp plays DXD files (.wav 24bit 352.8khz) to DAC.
Edited by m-i-c-k-e-y - 3/3/14 at 2:01pm
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 8 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 15 seconds ago
- › LG G6 Sound Quality 25 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 32 seconds ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 51 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › SennGrado Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by peter1480
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear