- 4,407 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 285post #4261 of 89513/3/14 at 7:20amThere is a trial version of it on Play store, try that first.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4262 of 89513/3/14 at 7:26amQuote:
DanBa keeps files with compatibility listings in this thread. I put a link to his last post, just below.post #4263 of 89513/3/14 at 7:48am
A list of stock Android-powered devices reportedly interworking with standard USB DAC:
stock Android device > digital USB audio out >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3:
stock Samsung Galaxy S3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy Note2:
stock Galaxy Note2 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samung Galaxy S4:
stock Samsung Galaxy S4 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy Note3:
stock Samsung Galaxy Note3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly non-interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 / Note2 / S4 / Note3 using USB Audio Recorder PRO / USB Audio Player PRO:
A list of USB OTG cables:
The basics:post #4264 of 89513/3/14 at 7:49ampost #4265 of 89513/3/14 at 7:52ampost #4266 of 89513/3/14 at 7:53amQuote:Originally Posted by StanD
DanBa keeps files with compatibility listings in this thread. I put a link to his last post, just below.
Thank you very much StanD. Thanks also DanBa.post #4267 of 89513/3/14 at 11:16amCould anyone advice which would be the cheapest and preferably lightest android tablet that supports my SMSL Fort DAC/amp combo system wide, i.e. being able to use any app I like to play music?
(The SMSL Fort sports the same DAC as ELE.)
So far I'm leaning towards a 1 gen Nexus 7 running CM11. Am I right to assume that the Nexus will drive the Fort without a problem, or could power draw be an issue?
Any other suggestions?
Sent a long time ago from a Galaxy S2 far, far away...post #4268 of 89513/3/14 at 11:59ampost #4269 of 89513/3/14 at 12:01pmpost #4270 of 89513/3/14 at 12:10pmQuote:
Buying SD cards on eBay can be tricky, there's a lot of conterfeits out there.post #4271 of 89513/3/14 at 12:15pm
Yeah, I'd be cautious of buying any memory cards from fleabay or anywhere else that's sketchy-- there are a TON of fakes out there, and I've seen them just flake out quite a bit (I work with micro SD cards regularly at my job).post #4272 of 89513/3/14 at 12:20pmQuote:
And if you buy a class 10, if it works it may be a class 2, 4 if you're lucky. Let's hope our friend is double lucky.post #4273 of 89513/3/14 at 12:43pmQuote:
The first batch ran out within 30 minutes, good luck on your hunt.post #4274 of 89513/3/14 at 1:05pmpost #4275 of 89513/3/14 at 2:00pm
Reconfirming with pictures.
Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
OS: Android 4.4.2
DAC: M2tech Hiface DAC 32/384
Re: Neutron Amp plays DXD files (.wav 24bit 352.8khz) to DAC.
Edited by m-i-c-k-e-y - 3/3/14 at 2:01pm
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio RX18 Review and Information Thread 42 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 48 seconds ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear