Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 264

post #3946 of 5135

Just a question-

 

If I listen through an external dac via usb, and it works with either USBPP, and third party players, will the sq be better by playing through USBPP? My logic tells me it should be the same, because it's the same external DAC processing the data, but to my ears, it sounds better through USBPP.

post #3947 of 5135

Seems that manufacturers or at least Sony noticed and recognized USB audio.

 

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/01/20/exclusive-sneak-peek-at-the-xperia-kitkat-ui-for-the-sony-d6503-sirius/

 

Interestingly there is an option for "Hi-res Audio via USB", not sure how it works though.

post #3948 of 5135

Thanks!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Interestingly there is an option for "Hi-res Audio via USB", not sure how it works though.

 

It should work like the "Hi-res Audio via USB"-capable Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/3330#post_9924202

 

 

Upcoming Sony D6503 codenamed Sirius:

http://phandroid.com/2014/01/20/sony-d6503-sirius-rumors-suggest-3gb-of-ram-snapdragon-800-and-more/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=49537164#post49537164

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #3949 of 5135

Anyone else get serious battery drain when using audio via USB OTG on a Note 3?

Using a C5D, however it is on battery mode not charge so this shouldnt make a difference.

Using audio via headphone jack to the C5D amp only causes little to no drain.

 

Could just be the phone using more resources to process the audio via USB but yeah.

Just curious :)


Scott

post #3950 of 5135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post

Anyone else get serious battery drain when using audio via USB OTG on a Note 3?
Using a C5D, however it is on battery mode not charge so this shouldnt make a difference.
Using audio via headphone jack to the C5D amp only causes little to no drain.

Could just be the phone using more resources to process the audio via USB but yeah.
Just curious smily_headphones1.gif


Scott

HI Scott

I have The same experiance like you With My sony WM ZX 1 The battery drain very Fast With USB OTG as well
post #3951 of 5135

Bitzie USB DAC/USB Headphone Amp: a USB bus-powered USB DAC

http://www.gspaudio.co.uk/bitzie-usb-dac-external-soundcard.htm

 

"USB DAC for Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Jellybean...

7.5hrs continuous playing!"

 

 

Like any other USB peripheral, a USB DAC can be:

 

. a bus-powered device:

The USB DAC draws power from a USB host (PC or USB-host enabled Android device).

The maximum power a USB DAC can draw is 500 mA according to the USB specification.

 

or

 

. a self-powered device:

The USB DAC draws power from its own battery.

 

More and more USB DAC manufacturers target the big smartphone (i.e. portable device with small battery) market by providing self-powered USB DAC like FiiO with the E18 or Chord with the Hugo:

Hugo has a built-in battery-charging circuit, with a full charge reached in approximately two hours. Hugo takes no power over its USB input (as this is severely limited with many partnering products) and only takes signal data, therefore, it is fully compatible with all iPhone, iPad and Android devices."

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/3900#post_10145397

post #3952 of 5135
Thread Starter 
Found out yesterday when I got my Auralic Taurus MKII that the store will be getting the Hugo, having been impressed by it when they attended CES. Really looking forward to auditioning it soonish.
post #3953 of 5135

Hi!

 

Have anyone tried the Dragonfly v1.2 on Galaxy S3 (I9300) or Note 2 (N7100)? Will it work without extra power? I mean a setup like this:

 

S3 -> OTG-cable -> Dragonfly v1.2 -> IE80

post #3954 of 5135
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjellscript View Post
 

Hi!

 

Have anyone tried the Dragonfly v1.2 on Galaxy S3 (I9300) or Note 2 (N7100)? Will it work without extra power? I mean a setup like this:

 

S3 -> OTG-cable -> Dragonfly v1.2 -> IE80

 

Via UAPP/UARP several have reported the Dragonfly works, although not sure if they specified 1.0 Vs 1.2 - expect it should work but possibly only via those two apps.

 

Incidentally, I just got official 4.4.2 OTA on my Note 3, will re-test USB audio and post results.

post #3955 of 5135

Latest version of USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 1.0.6

 

post #3956 of 5135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjellscript View Post
 

Hi!

 

Have anyone tried the Dragonfly v1.2 on Galaxy S3 (I9300) or Note 2 (N7100)? Will it work without extra power? I mean a setup like this:

 

S3 -> OTG-cable -> Dragonfly v1.2 -> IE80

Works on the S4 with UAPP. Have an S3 as well, will test for you as soon as I can find my OTG cable.

post #3957 of 5135
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBa View Post
 

Latest version of USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 1.0.6

 


Yet again, one more vital feature added. Lockscreen control~

 

Does wonder what is the mixer control based on though with volume control set to "None" as the mixer still works.

post #3958 of 5135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjellscript View Post
 

Hi!

 

Have anyone tried the Dragonfly v1.2 on Galaxy S3 (I9300) or Note 2 (N7100)? Will it work without extra power? I mean a setup like this:

 

S3 -> OTG-cable -> Dragonfly v1.2 -> IE80


Yes it works for me with the S3 using the USBAPP only.

post #3959 of 5135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 


Yet again, one more vital feature added. Lockscreen control~

 

Does wonder what is the mixer control based on though with volume control set to "None" as the mixer still works.

 

The volume control preference option only selects what the main screen slider (at the right) controls. If set to None, you will not see the slider (if everything went according to plan). The Mixer tab always shows your device's hardware controls, if available.

post #3960 of 5135
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfac73 View Post
 


Yes it works for me with the S3 using the USBAPP only.


Great! Thanks, I just ordered it :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs