Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 258

post #3856 of 5374

As much as I would love to use UAPP with my Nexus 5, it's sub par battery life concerns me. I did recently get the Google Play Edition of the LG G Pad 8.3 and will return with results once I receive it, buy the E18, and buy the app.

 

My wallet, however, says it may be a while until I do the last two...

post #3857 of 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post

Interestingly (sorry if this has been covered) the Snapdragon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 allows charging of the Fiio E17 (from the phones battery) whilst playing back...



 



This is on stock firmware smily_headphones1.gif


 



Well, it's not surprising. I guess that'd work on any device with otg. It works on my Nexus 7 '13 too.
post #3858 of 5374
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by erythrocytes View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
 

Interestingly (sorry if this has been covered) the Snapdragon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 allows charging of the Fiio E17 (from the phones battery) whilst playing back...

 

 

 

This is on stock firmware smily_headphones1.gif

 



Well, it's not surprising. I guess that'd work on any device with otg. It works on my Nexus 7 '13 too.

 

For a phone this IS surprising - the Note 3 puts out a lot more charge than other phones via USB OTG (it can spin up and use large 1TB+ external drives because of this).

post #3859 of 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

 

For a phone this IS surprising - the Note 3 puts out a lot more charge than other phones via USB OTG (it can spin up and use large 1TB+ external drives because of this).

 


Ok, didn't know this, thanks.
post #3860 of 5374

Just some misc dabbing around but I've gotten the following to work :-

 

1) Samsung Galaxy J SC-02F (NTT Docomo version) with Tralucent Dac Amp One prototype with Google Music Player and default Samsung player

2) Samsung Galaxy J SC-02F with Apex Glacier in low power mode but only with USB Audio Player Pro (demo) and intermittently

3) Sony NW-ZX1 with Apex Glacier with Sony's default player using the Sony USB DAC cable

 

Both Android devices didn't work with the Resonessence Labs Herus unfortunately.

post #3861 of 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

Both Android devices didn't work with the Resonessence Labs Herus unfortunately.

 

Even with USB Audio Player PRO / USB Audio Recorder PRO?

post #3862 of 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBa View Post
 

 

The latest version of USB Audio Player PRO: 1.0.3

 


It looks like my problems are cable related. I still cannot find a cable that reliably lets me use my Xperia and Fiio E07K with USB AP Pro...a change out to an older cable seems to have removed the problems...


Edited by James1776 - 1/3/14 at 11:13am
post #3863 of 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

Just some misc dabbing around but I've gotten the following to work :-

 

1) Samsung Galaxy J SC-02F (NTT Docomo version) with Tralucent Dac Amp One prototype with Google Music Player and default Samsung player

2) Samsung Galaxy J SC-02F with Apex Glacier in low power mode but only with USB Audio Player Pro (demo) and intermittently

3) Sony NW-ZX1 with Apex Glacier with Sony's default player using the Sony USB DAC cable

 

Both Android devices didn't work with the Resonessence Labs Herus unfortunately.


What is the 'sony USB DAC cable'? I have an Xperia Z and am having a great deal of trouble getting my Fiio E07K to work reliably...

post #3864 of 5374
I'm having problem with UAPP. 1.0.3. WHEN I try to start it i got a license error ...

The error is "error contacting server"

Edit.
I did a syncronization in google account and now it's ok.
Edited by sante - 1/3/14 at 11:45am
post #3865 of 5374

Have anyone tried out the following "Android" USB DAC -

 

http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=124

post #3866 of 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by viveksaikia22 View Post
 

Have anyone tried out the following "Android" USB DAC -

 

http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=124

no but it looks rather cute

post #3867 of 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by sante View Post

I'm having problem with UAPP. 1.0.3. WHEN I try to start it i got a license error ...

The error is "error contacting server"

Edit.
I did a syncronization in google account and now it's ok.

I had a same problem. I contacted with Davy;

"Android settings -> Accounts -> Google -> select account -> menu -> Remove account, and added it again, it started working again."

Thanks for him.
post #3868 of 5374
Yep, after the error, the app opens a windows with a link to their web.
I followed the link and found a lot of usefull infos.
post #3869 of 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk75 View Post

I had a same problem. I contacted with Davy;

"Android settings -> Accounts -> Google -> select account -> menu -> Remove account, and added it again, it started working again."

Thanks for him.
Thanks for him ... ok but this is very annoying.
This license control is no good.
I like program very much, but I paid for it and I don t like to remove my google accounts or if I don t have an internet connection at moment.... I have to stop to use the program
post #3870 of 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by gattari View Post

Thanks for him ... ok but this is very annoying.
This license control is no good.
I like program very much, but I paid for it and I don t like to remove my google accounts or if I don t have an internet connection at moment.... I have to stop to use the program

Yes you all right.
I sad to him the same thing.
He's work on it.
I can't help more sorry.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs