If the hubs are powerd then it's sure work , but the hubs above is unpowerd but also work ? so what's the hub do to make the ud110 work ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 221
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3302 of 865310/19/13 at 4:57pm
"The SA9027 [USB receiver of the Stoner Acoustics UD110] is a high performance up to 32bit USB Full-Speed compliant audio steaming."
Theoretically, a USB 2.0 hub has a transaction translator (TT).
The transaction translator should convert the USB 1.1 full-speed traffic only supported by the UD110 to the USB 2.0 high-speed traffic also supported by the Galaxy S4.
USB 2.0 / USB 1.1 Galaxy S4 <=> USB 1.1 full-speed <=> USB 1.1 UD110
USB 2.0 / USB 1.1 Galaxy S4 <=> USB 2.0 high-speed <=> USB hub TT <=> USB 1.1 full-speed <=> USB 1.1 UD110
Apparently, the USB 1.1 full-speed dialog between the S4 and the UD110 has some issue.
Using the USB hub introduces a USB 2.0 high-speed dialog which gets around the issue.post #3303 of 865310/20/13 at 1:45am
DanBa, just to exclude all other possible causes - are we sure it's not a power issue here? Remember, I was reporting about an issue with Xperia Sola and RSA Predator, where an introduction of non-powered usb hub solved the compatibility issue just because the hub was reporting to the host as needing 0 mA (no power draw), whereas the Predator was claiming the whole 500mA, merely needing 50?
Just checking...post #3304 of 865310/20/13 at 3:44am
Unlike the Xperia Sola, the Galaxy S4 can directly work with the FiiO E17, i.e. 500 mA-required USB DAC.
The FiiO E17 requires 500 mA; and a USB peripheral like a USB DAC may draw a maximum of 5 unit loads (i.e. 500 mA) from a port in USB 2.0.
bmAttributes: 0x80 (Bus Powered )
MaxPower: 0xFA (500 mA)
But I am not sure of anything without analysing some dmesg log output and USB descriptors of the Stoner Acoustics UD110.
About dmesg log output:
About USB descriptor view tool:post #3305 of 865310/20/13 at 5:50ampost #3306 of 865310/20/13 at 10:40am
Awhile ago, you mentioned using a Qi charger. Have you tried this in tandem with an external DAC and, if so, can you actually charge your S3 while listening to music through the micro-USB port?post #3307 of 865310/20/13 at 12:18pm
Sorry, I don’t have yet a Qi wireless charging for my new Galaxy Note 3, because the Note 3 S-View wireless charging cover is not yet available in France.
I think wireless charging the smartphone while streaming music through its micro USB port won’t have any problem.
Qi wireless charging car mount:
"CarPad is Qi functional and works well with the Nexus 4. Tested both with TPU case, Diztronic Matte Black Case, Official Bumper, and bare-back. The average charge on an idle phone is around +600mA and with load of Spotify streaming music, Android GPS navigation, BlueTooth connected to head-unit, and screen on at lowest brightness, the charger gets nearly +100-200mA".post #3308 of 865310/20/13 at 4:03pmpost #3309 of 865310/20/13 at 5:08pmpost #3310 of 865310/21/13 at 12:02am
. FiiO E07K Andes (USB DAC/amp): to be confirmedpost #3311 of 865310/22/13 at 9:36ampost #3312 of 865310/22/13 at 10:11am
I just connected samsung galaxy s 3 via usb otg to fiio e07k and it works fine. I reconnected it many times and it works all the time.
My sgs 3 is with siyah kernel, android 4.1.2., I'm from Poland so I quess it's interantional or european version of sgs 3.
I'm not sure if I can hear any SQ improvement with my akg k404.post #3313 of 865310/22/13 at 2:00pmpost #3314 of 865310/24/13 at 2:00amSorry guys, would need help to know if the LG G2 works with digital out via otg, hoping to pair with a Glacier. Am moving from iphone 5 to android, so trying to decide and figure out which phone would work with the Glacierpost #3315 of 865310/24/13 at 11:42am
Wondering if some can answer this for me. i've searched but couldn't find the answer.
i have a stock Sprint Galaxy S3. i also have a subscription to google play music all access.
Can i use an external DAC specifically for this app?
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 3 seconds ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears... 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T8ie MK II 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › What can I use to replace headphone's mesh? 3 minutes ago
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear