If the hubs are powerd then it's sure work , but the hubs above is unpowerd but also work ? so what's the hub do to make the ud110 work ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 221
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3302 of 892910/19/13 at 4:57pm
"The SA9027 [USB receiver of the Stoner Acoustics UD110] is a high performance up to 32bit USB Full-Speed compliant audio steaming."
Theoretically, a USB 2.0 hub has a transaction translator (TT).
The transaction translator should convert the USB 1.1 full-speed traffic only supported by the UD110 to the USB 2.0 high-speed traffic also supported by the Galaxy S4.
USB 2.0 / USB 1.1 Galaxy S4 <=> USB 1.1 full-speed <=> USB 1.1 UD110
USB 2.0 / USB 1.1 Galaxy S4 <=> USB 2.0 high-speed <=> USB hub TT <=> USB 1.1 full-speed <=> USB 1.1 UD110
Apparently, the USB 1.1 full-speed dialog between the S4 and the UD110 has some issue.
Using the USB hub introduces a USB 2.0 high-speed dialog which gets around the issue.post #3303 of 892910/20/13 at 1:45am
DanBa, just to exclude all other possible causes - are we sure it's not a power issue here? Remember, I was reporting about an issue with Xperia Sola and RSA Predator, where an introduction of non-powered usb hub solved the compatibility issue just because the hub was reporting to the host as needing 0 mA (no power draw), whereas the Predator was claiming the whole 500mA, merely needing 50?
Just checking...post #3304 of 892910/20/13 at 3:44am
Unlike the Xperia Sola, the Galaxy S4 can directly work with the FiiO E17, i.e. 500 mA-required USB DAC.
The FiiO E17 requires 500 mA; and a USB peripheral like a USB DAC may draw a maximum of 5 unit loads (i.e. 500 mA) from a port in USB 2.0.
bmAttributes: 0x80 (Bus Powered )
MaxPower: 0xFA (500 mA)
But I am not sure of anything without analysing some dmesg log output and USB descriptors of the Stoner Acoustics UD110.
About dmesg log output:
About USB descriptor view tool:post #3305 of 892910/20/13 at 5:50ampost #3306 of 892910/20/13 at 10:40am
Awhile ago, you mentioned using a Qi charger. Have you tried this in tandem with an external DAC and, if so, can you actually charge your S3 while listening to music through the micro-USB port?post #3307 of 892910/20/13 at 12:18pm
Sorry, I don’t have yet a Qi wireless charging for my new Galaxy Note 3, because the Note 3 S-View wireless charging cover is not yet available in France.
I think wireless charging the smartphone while streaming music through its micro USB port won’t have any problem.
Qi wireless charging car mount:
"CarPad is Qi functional and works well with the Nexus 4. Tested both with TPU case, Diztronic Matte Black Case, Official Bumper, and bare-back. The average charge on an idle phone is around +600mA and with load of Spotify streaming music, Android GPS navigation, BlueTooth connected to head-unit, and screen on at lowest brightness, the charger gets nearly +100-200mA".post #3308 of 892910/20/13 at 4:03pmpost #3309 of 892910/20/13 at 5:08pmpost #3310 of 892910/21/13 at 12:02am
. FiiO E07K Andes (USB DAC/amp): to be confirmedpost #3311 of 892910/22/13 at 9:36ampost #3312 of 892910/22/13 at 10:11am
I just connected samsung galaxy s 3 via usb otg to fiio e07k and it works fine. I reconnected it many times and it works all the time.
My sgs 3 is with siyah kernel, android 4.1.2., I'm from Poland so I quess it's interantional or european version of sgs 3.
I'm not sure if I can hear any SQ improvement with my akg k404.post #3313 of 892910/22/13 at 2:00pmpost #3314 of 892910/24/13 at 2:00amSorry guys, would need help to know if the LG G2 works with digital out via otg, hoping to pair with a Glacier. Am moving from iphone 5 to android, so trying to decide and figure out which phone would work with the Glacierpost #3315 of 892910/24/13 at 11:42am
Wondering if some can answer this for me. i've searched but couldn't find the answer.
i have a stock Sprint Galaxy S3. i also have a subscription to google play music all access.
Can i use an external DAC specifically for this app?
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 43 seconds ago
- › Advice Wanted: Amp For Beyerdynamic T1 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Denver Meet 2017 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Safe to make requests in Buy/Sell/Trade? 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear