Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 211

post #3151 of 5946

The list says that Samsung Galaxy R i9103 supports usb/dac.

I can´t find any posts of anyone tried it and with what Usb/dac that was used. Can anyone refer to a forum or post where it worked?

Thanks

post #3152 of 5946

The Samsung Galaxy R is included in the list of Working Android devices of the USB Audio Recorder PRO site.

http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/

post #3153 of 5946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBa View Post
 

The Samsung Galaxy R is included in the list of Working Android devices of the USB Audio Recorder PRO site.

http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPro

That site looks very unfinished, I can´t see any phones mentioned there. Wonder if I´m the only that can't read that site proberly?

Also, I read somewhere that the SGR supports voodoo sound (has Wolfson dac), but on Voodoo sound page doesn't mention the SGR.

 

Update: "Solved"/weird, I opened the www.estreamsd.com/blablabla which on my pc shows almost nothing but white; I "select all" and copy&pasted to wordpad, and now I can read the text in wordpad..


Edited by carsten2501 - 9/27/13 at 3:41am
post #3154 of 5946

Can anyone please confirm the UD110 compatible with android ? I saw once someone said that the HifimeDIY U2 which uses the same SE9023 receiver work with his Xperia . Arhhh so sick of laptop built in DAC

post #3155 of 5946

Here's another data point to add.

 

stock Samsung Galaxy S3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> Audioengine D1 >> AKG K702.65.  

 

I have a completely stock non-rooted Telus Galaxy S3 (SGH-i747m, same as AT&T model) running Android 4.1.2.  It works with PowerAmp music player so I don't have to resort to UARP, which I have to use when I want to use my Fiio E17 the same way.  The D1 is meant for my PC but I figured I'd give it a try with my S3 and am surprised it actually worked.  

 

A word of warning though, I only tested it for 1 song because when I was checking one of my battery monitor widgets, it was showing 1,000mA power draw from the battery.  Granted, the widget may not be super accurate, but nonetheless, that is a lot of current to draw from the battery.  I would recommended using one of those USB OTG Y-Power cables with an external power supply if you want to use for anything more than testing.  Mine is on its way from dx.com so it'll be another 2-3 weeks before it arrives.  

 

Anyone else excited at Samsung's announcement of Android 4.3 for the S3 and Note2 in November?  I wonder how many DACs this will break/make work.  I recall reading in one of the Fiio threads about their internal testing the E07K works with Android 4.1, but not 4.2.  The E17 works with 4.2, but not 4.1.  I wonder what will/(not) work with 4.3.

post #3156 of 5946
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten2501 View Post
 

That site looks very unfinished, I can´t see any phones mentioned there. Wonder if I´m the only that can't read that site proberly?

Also, I read somewhere that the SGR supports voodoo sound (has Wolfson dac), but on Voodoo sound page doesn't mention the SGR.

 

Update: "Solved"/weird, I opened the www.estreamsd.com/blablabla which on my pc shows almost nothing but white; I "select all" and copy&pasted to wordpad, and now I can read the text in wordpad..

 

I have the galaxy R and it only works with USB DACs through the UARP app. Voodoo sound is supported and is included by default in the kernels of custom ROMs for the phone in XDA.

post #3157 of 5946

Announced recently, the next Sony AUDIOPHILE walkman ZX1 (with 128 Gb of storage and support for 24/192 !).

 

and... It seems that there will be a possibility of "digital out" through an adapter using the Sony WM-port  :D 

 

post #3158 of 5946
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroArrow View Post
 

Here's another data point to add.

 

stock Samsung Galaxy S3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> Audioengine D1 >> AKG K702.65.  

 

 

Thanks!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroArrow View Post
 

A word of warning though, I only tested it for 1 song because when I was checking one of my battery monitor widgets, it was showing 1,000mA power draw from the battery.  Granted, the widget may not be super accurate, but nonetheless, that is a lot of current to draw from the battery.  I would recommended using one of those USB OTG Y-Power cables with an external power supply if you want to use for anything more than testing.  Mine is on its way from dx.com so it'll be another 2-3 weeks before it arrives.  

 

 

Another way: Qi wireless charging with a portable wireless charger like the Mugenizer N11 Portable Wireless Charger Power Bank with 4800mAh

http://mugen.hk/mugenizer-n11-portable-wireless-charger.html

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

 

 

Qi wireless charging standard:

charging base station >> power >>  mobile device

http://blog.3g4g.co.uk/2010/09/wireless-power-consortium-wpc-launches.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi_(wireless_power_standard)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some Android devices like Google Nexus 4 or Google Nexus 7 2nd gen have built-in Qi receiver.

Others, like Samsung’s flagship smartphones, have Qi receiver included in an aftermarket battery door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Automotive Industry selects Qi

The CE4A is a initiative of the automotive industry that aims to standardize interface between vehicles and consumer electronics products, such as smartphones.

CE4A generated requirements that must be fulfilled for use in automobiles. These relate to installation space, usage profiles, electromagnetic compatibility, and safety, for example. In addition, the standard must be ready for future requirements and offer potential for further development and commercialization as well as have global distribution and the acceptance of handset makers and wireless providers.

Based on these considerations, CE4A recommended its members to use the Qi standard in current and future vehicle models."

http://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/blog/73/automotive-industry-selects-qi

 

"Mercedes-Benz introduces Qi wireless charging

Following the announcement of the CE4A on September 3, Mercedes-Benz announced on September 6 that they will act on the CE4A's recommendation and introduce Qi wireless charging in their consumer vehicles."

http://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/blog/74/mercedes-benz-introduces-qi-wireless-charging

post #3159 of 5946
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsu View Post

Do know if we can use Samsung Galaxy S4 mini with USB Audio Recorder PRO, to listen 24bit/192kHz?

It seems that doesn't work...

http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/

post #3160 of 5946
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsu View Post
 

It seems that doesn't work...

http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/

Maybe S4 mini native USB Audio will work with external DACs?

post #3161 of 5946

According to the USB Audio Recorder PRO site, the Galaxy S4 mini doesn't have the USB host feature: it can't work with external USB DAC.

 

 

 

post #3162 of 5946

James just released info on the Fiio E18. Maybe this should solve the issue of the S4 for you?

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/628254/fiio-e18/220#post_9842995

post #3163 of 5946
"E18 can work with smartphones with USB OTG function", and apparently the Galaxy S4 mini doesn’t have the USB OTG function, which can switch a USB OTG device or dual-role USB device (i.e. sometimes a USB host, sometimes a USB peripheral) like a Samsung's flagship smartphone (i.e. S3 / S4 / Note 2 / Note 3 / ...) to the USB host mode.

And only a USB host can work with a USB peripheral like a (standard) USB DAC, because USB is a master-slave communication bus: USB communication can only take place between a master device (i.e. USB host) and a slave device (i.e. USB peripheral).



Edited by DanBa - 9/29/13 at 2:24am
post #3164 of 5946

Ah, ok.

 

Question about my Nexus 7 (2013). If I want to use it with a DAC such as the E18 I have to use USB Audio Recorder PRO, correct? But what if all my music isn't FLAC and I sometimes like streaming music on Spotify, Does this mean I have to root it in order to get audio out via USB without the app?

post #3165 of 5946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post
 

Question about my Nexus 7 (2013). If I want to use it with a DAC such as the E18 I have to use USB Audio Recorder PRO, correct? 

 

Correct.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post
 

But what if all my music isn't FLAC and I sometimes like streaming music on Spotify, 

 

The USB Audio Recorder PRO music player can only play WAV/FLAC/OGG/AIFF.

I have some MP3 files, I convert them to FLAC using foobar2000.

 

The USB Audio soft driver is included in the USB Audio Recorder PRO app, it can't be currently used by other app like Spotify.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post
 

Does this mean I have to root it in order to get audio out via USB without the app?

 

Yes, there are probably some custom kernels which include a functional USB Audio driver.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs