^also curious on this one, anyone can test the e17 on the s3? many thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 89299/6/12 at 3:03pmThread StarterQuote:
I already have, it doesn't work.
There is one person who has it working because they havea friend who is a developer or something and they enabled it, however they haven't shared the software modification to allow it to work.post #288 of 89299/7/12 at 12:01ampost #289 of 89299/7/12 at 3:25ampost #290 of 89299/7/12 at 11:37am
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with a custom Android-powered tablet Asus/Google Nexus 7:
custom Google Nexus 7 > digital audio stream >> USB OTG cable (Micro-A plug inserted in the Nexus 7) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
Slightly customized Nexus 7:
. ESi Dr. DAC nano:
. FiiO E7 (USB DAC/amp):
. FiiO E10 (USB DAC/amp):
. iBasso D10 (USB DAC/amp):
. Logitech Gaming Headset G930:
. Practical Devices XM6 (USB DAC/amp):
. Turtle Beach Micro II:post #291 of 89299/8/12 at 9:20am
I will answer my own question I suppose. A Galaxy SIII (stock ICS firmware with latest update) with a USB/DAC upon receiving a phone call will pause the music and allow you to answer the call using the standard earpiece and mic on the phone. When the call ends the music resumes. For me that is about what I was hoping for, so great I guess.post #292 of 89299/9/12 at 12:41ampost #293 of 89299/9/12 at 9:54amQuote:
if you can get a dev to patch the alsa driver with the fix mentioned earlier then it will work.post #294 of 89299/11/12 at 3:08am
Anyone know if the SGS3 will work with an audinst hud-mx1? Is a custom rom required? I assume an OTG cable and perhaps a way of sending more usb power to the DAC? Or would the audinst-provided ac adapter into the DAC work?post #295 of 89299/13/12 at 6:06pm
I can confirm that the nexus 7 does indeed drive an e17 (assuming you turn off the usb charge) just fine. You just have to use the kernel that DanBa posted as that will enable usb OTG, I myself am very happy about this because I have been dying for a decent DAC on an android device and since I've been stuck on verizon, there haven't been many good ones coming out when I was getting new phones.post #296 of 89299/13/12 at 9:33pmpost #297 of 89299/13/12 at 11:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Deltaechoe
I can confirm that the nexus 7 does indeed drive an e17 (assuming you turn off the usb charge) just fine. You just have to use the kernel that DanBa posted as that will enable usb OTG, I myself am very happy about this because I have been dying for a decent DAC on an android device and since I've been stuck on verizon, there haven't been many good ones coming out when I was getting new phones.
Could you post a link to the kernel please?post #298 of 89299/14/12 at 3:53ampost #299 of 89299/14/12 at 9:33am
Do you guys have any idea if the Sony Xperia S or P with ICS will work? They both are cheaper for me(than s3) and include the same player sony got on the z series walkman as far as i've read(with nice flac support and everything else)...post #300 of 89299/14/12 at 10:53amQuote:
No idea... which version of android is it running? USB audio was only semi standardised in jelly bean.
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › HTC 11 (aka Ocean Master/Note/Smart) 40 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Building my own 2.1 system. 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear