Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 167

post #2491 of 5965

What I want to know is why hasn't the team behind USB Audio Recorder Pro made a dedicated music player yet? Could just name it USB Audio Player or something similar. 

post #2492 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post

What I want to know is why hasn't the team behind USB Audio Recorder Pro made a dedicated music player yet? Could just name it USB Audio Player or something similar. 

+1 

 

I've been wondering that the whole time I've been reading all of this too. Maybe because when you read the app info it kind of says it's for Recording and Replaying uncompressed USB Audio, ie. mics and instrument stuff, and we're coming in as a small sub-set that uses it for outputting our HiRez music collections, but still, I wonder too. Maybe that's what eXtream has on the way for us? Since adding Shuffle to the feature list with this most recent update he's definitely closing in on a full featured player. 

 

So, +1 to USB Audio Player app from the USB-ARP team!

 

Also, my iBasso D42 is inbound, hopefully arriving in 2-3 days. Very excited to get this thing hooked up to my S3 and dac'ing and amp'ing my M100s!


Edited by Benny-x - 6/11/13 at 3:46am
post #2493 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post

What I want to know is why hasn't the team behind USB Audio Recorder Pro made a dedicated music player yet? Could just name it USB Audio Player or something similar. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/1080#post_8969504

 

 

One Developer , who almost lost everything during the development!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtream View Post

 

Thanks for the compliment. Note that the purpose was for recording, but I will consider a play list.

I would be crazy to release the USB code after all the investments I have made, both in time and money, and risking divorcement from my wife!!

 

Note that this is not a stand-alone 'driver' in any way.

Hi eXtream

 

As you can see I am not the only one who would like this, as I mailed to you. One way of not getting divorced would be to consider this much bigger market - just look at this forum to see the interest on a problem that you apparently have found a genuine solution to :-)


Edited by turokrocks - 6/11/13 at 12:32am
post #2494 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post

What I want to know is why hasn't the team behind USB Audio Recorder Pro made a dedicated music player yet? Could just name it USB Audio Player or something similar. 

 

 

I am simply too busy and a media player is just not my core business. If I would make one, it would be a bad one with bad graphics etc., so that's why I am going to make a USB Audio Service app soon that players like PowerAmp and Neutron can use to stream their audio to. Once released, you just need to ask your favourite music player author to support it.

post #2495 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtream View Post

 

 

I am simply too busy and a media player is just not my core business. If I would make one, it would be a bad one with bad graphics etc., so that's why I am going to make a USB Audio Service app soon that players like PowerAmp and Neutron can use to stream their audio to. Once released, you just need to ask your favourite music player author to support it.

Holy ****. That is awesome. The only down side of Audio pro was UI and compatibility, and that will fix that. Thanks.

post #2496 of 5965

Setting it up as a service allows for vastly greater flexibility anyway-- sounds great to me!! Keep up the great work, can't wait to get this puppy out into the wild!!

post #2497 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtream View Post

 

 

I am simply too busy and a media player is just not my core business. If I would make one, it would be a bad one with bad graphics etc., so that's why I am going to make a USB Audio Service app soon that players like PowerAmp and Neutron can use to stream their audio to. Once released, you just need to ask your favourite music player author to support it.

Yes, some very good news indeed. I know you've just mentioned what direction you'd like to go in and also just released an update, but do you have an ETA for the USB Audio Service app release? 

 

I've got to soon start emailing GoneMAD and make sure they pick up support for your service gs1000.gif

post #2498 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny-x View Post

Yes, some very good news indeed. I know you've just mentioned what direction you'd like to go in and also just released an update, but do you have an ETA for the USB Audio Service app release? 

 

I've got to soon start emailing GoneMAD and make sure they pick up support for your service gs1000.gif

 

No ETA, sorry.

post #2499 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post

What I want to know is why hasn't the team behind USB Audio Recorder Pro made a dedicated music player yet? Could just name it USB Audio Player or something similar. 

Their latest effort is pretty good. It allows High Rez files and does shuffle play now. It might not yet be neutron ad may still (and for reasons unknown to me) lack anything like an owners manual, but once figured out, sounds better than anything else portable.

post #2500 of 5965

I couldn't find any information on the iBasso D7 and a Galaxy S4.

 

So, I bought this cable.

 

I just got it and when I plug in my iBasso D7 to my S4, nothing happens. I can't get any audio out of the DAC. The white LED which usually lights up when it's getting data, never lights up.

 

But, since I have nothing else to test with, other than trying different USB cables (which I have tried), I have no idea if this is possible to get to work or not.

 

Any ideas? I have never tried using a USB DAC on a phone, so I am not sure if it works it should be "plug and play". I assume if it were going to work, I just connect the DAC via USB and the phone should start using it for sound output. Is there anything in Android that I have to do to enable the DAC?

 

(I have been able to get the D7 to work with my iPad, but that doesn't really mean anything.)

 

Thanks,

 

-Darin

post #2501 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post

I couldn't find any information on the iBasso D7 and a Galaxy S4.

 

So, I bought this cable.

 

I just got it and when I plug in my iBasso D7 to my S4, nothing happens. I can't get any audio out of the DAC. The white LED which usually lights up when it's getting data, never lights up.

 

But, since I have nothing else to test with, other than trying different USB cables (which I have tried), I have no idea if this is possible to get to work or not.

 

Any ideas? I have never tried using a USB DAC on a phone, so I am not sure if it works it should be "plug and play". I assume if it were going to work, I just connect the DAC via USB and the phone should start using it for sound output. Is there anything in Android that I have to do to enable the DAC?

 

(I have been able to get the D7 to work with my iPad, but that doesn't really mean anything.)

 

Thanks,

 

-Darin

iBasso D7 isn't a DAC known to work with androids. Sadly, they won't work. Try USB audio recorder pro(if you rooted your phone).

post #2502 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

iBasso D7 isn't a DAC known to work with androids. Sadly, they won't work. Try USB audio recorder pro(if you rooted your phone).

Yeah I figured it wouldn't work, but I thought I'd give it a try.

 

I tried USB Audio Recorder Pro and that did not work either.

 

I guess I will have to buy a different USB DAC. Any recommendations for something that will work plug and play with a Galaxy S4?

post #2503 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post

Yeah I figured it wouldn't work, but I thought I'd give it a try.

 

I tried USB Audio Recorder Pro and that did not work either.

 

I guess I will have to buy a different USB DAC. Any recommendations for something that will work plug and play with a Galaxy S4?

 

Is this a case of the D7 not working with ALL android devices, or just the Galaxy S4?? I have the D4, and am looking to upgrade to the Galaxy S4 in the next couple of months.....
post #2504 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrbbiiee View Post

 

Is this a case of the D7 not working with ALL android devices, or just the Galaxy S4?? I have the D4, and am looking to upgrade to the Galaxy S4 in the next couple of months.....

From the list, it seems like it works with no android devices, as of now. 

post #2505 of 5965
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

iBasso D7 isn't a DAC known to work with androids. Sadly, they won't work. Try USB audio recorder pro(if you rooted your phone).

 

Note that USB Audio Recorder PRO does NOT require rooting your phone, actually we advise against it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs