I want to make my Samsung I9300 and in the future nexus 7 capable playing audio through usb. Is it PCM2704 compatible?? because it's very cheap, probably the performances are weak but if i can find one for a small price i will get it. For sure both devices running custom kernel.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 156
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2327 of 85805/22/13 at 2:49pm
Just a quick status report: USB audio functionality remains in the latest Galaxy S3 i9300 build of Paranoid Android, version 3.55. Let's hope this version get's it working on more devices. It sure is nice having my choice Android mod and USB audio.post #2328 of 85805/22/13 at 4:06pm
I can confirm that this works with the new HTC ONE. I bought one of those miniusb to microusb cables from ebay. It auto-detects with no setting configuration required. Now I can use this mini rig for my travels. sounds great!
HTC ONE -> iBasso D10-> RE-ZEROpost #2329 of 85805/23/13 at 10:35amQuote:
I wish there is a cheap version of micro to micro usb otg cable so I don't have to do USB OTG - > microusb -> DAC.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2post #2330 of 85805/23/13 at 12:45pmpost #2331 of 85805/23/13 at 6:05pmQuote:Awesome thanks so much. Been looking for this forever. I have seen those $60 ones. I never believed digital outputs can sound different through different cable material.Originally Posted by kimvictorQuote:
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2post #2332 of 85805/23/13 at 6:08pmQuote:
Your welcome. Digital output probably sounds very very close no matter which cable you use as long as it has good shielding and power.post #2333 of 85805/23/13 at 8:08pmpost #2334 of 85805/24/13 at 12:29ampost #2335 of 85805/24/13 at 3:53amQuote:Quote:
Try powered USB hubs, and if it doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. It just doesn't work. I had the same issue with Modi.post #2336 of 85805/24/13 at 7:26amQuote:
I had that behavior too. The music was played fast but no sound.post #2337 of 85805/24/13 at 7:50amQuote:
Do you have the international version of the S3?
Can you link me to the rom? Is it this one? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1745003
Will this rom still work on the at&t s3?
Thankspost #2338 of 85805/24/13 at 10:45amQuote:
A same problem (?):
"I'm having trouble with GS3 + Pico. When I connect them to each other, I see the USB device identification at the top of the screen and the built-in speakers mute. The song seems to fast forward (the jumps about 30 seconds forward once per second) and no sound comes out."
Workaround: "A USB 2.0 hub to be inserted between the S3 and the Pico
Theoretically, a USB 2.0 hub has a transaction translator.The transaction translator should convert the USB 1.1 OHCI full speed traffic only supported by the Pico to the USB 2.0 EHCI high speed traffic also supported by the S3.Thus, the USB 1.1 driver OHCI of the S3 should not be involved, and we won’t have the OHCI problem""After much cable swapping and testing, it seems I have finally got the international s3 to work with the Pico dac/amp combo. The international S3 requires an USB hub for it to work with the Pico, as it seems the hub is needed to sync the USB 1.1 connection to the usb 2.0 connection on the S3."Pico bug fixed by HeadAmp:"It's been reported that the Pico DAC/Amp doesn't work with the Galaxy Note II or Galaxy S3 (international version) -- except with a powered hub -- but does work just fine with the north american Galaxy S3.I've acquired a Galaxy Note II to figure out the problem.Progress has been made and it is working right now. However, it's likely that a fix will require:- A small component swap on the Pico circuit board which does not change performance or possibly- A custom-made USB cableI prefer the first solution. Once a solution is finalized, you may send your Pico to me to have the change made, free of charge, just pay the shipping costs. New orders will ship with the change already in place"post #2339 of 85805/24/13 at 10:53ampost #2340 of 85805/24/13 at 12:32pm
There is no interworking problem between a US Galaxy S3 and a Pico.
The interworking bug between an international Galaxy S3 and a Pico was fixed: no more need to use a USB 2.0 hub.
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chord Hugo 50 seconds ago
- › Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit - Like new [230V version] 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 6 minutes ago
- › Any meets happening in AZ? 6 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-A4BL (the A4 with balanced output) 7 minutes ago
- › MEE Af32 Runaway observations 7 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear