I want to make my Samsung I9300 and in the future nexus 7 capable playing audio through usb. Is it PCM2704 compatible?? because it's very cheap, probably the performances are weak but if i can find one for a small price i will get it. For sure both devices running custom kernel.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Edifier K180 Communicator EarbudIn many ways the Edifier H180 is a classic. As of 2017, they have been around for four years, earning a nice reputation at Head-Fi. The slightly different K180...
DisclaimerThis sample was sent to me for the purpose of an honest review. All opinions and observations here are my own based on my experience with the product. I have no affiliation with the...
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 156
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2327 of 89515/22/13 at 2:49pm
Just a quick status report: USB audio functionality remains in the latest Galaxy S3 i9300 build of Paranoid Android, version 3.55. Let's hope this version get's it working on more devices. It sure is nice having my choice Android mod and USB audio.post #2328 of 89515/22/13 at 4:06pm
I can confirm that this works with the new HTC ONE. I bought one of those miniusb to microusb cables from ebay. It auto-detects with no setting configuration required. Now I can use this mini rig for my travels. sounds great!
HTC ONE -> iBasso D10-> RE-ZEROpost #2329 of 89515/23/13 at 10:35amQuote:
I wish there is a cheap version of micro to micro usb otg cable so I don't have to do USB OTG - > microusb -> DAC.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2post #2330 of 89515/23/13 at 12:45pmpost #2331 of 89515/23/13 at 6:05pmQuote:Awesome thanks so much. Been looking for this forever. I have seen those $60 ones. I never believed digital outputs can sound different through different cable material.Originally Posted by kimvictorQuote:
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2post #2332 of 89515/23/13 at 6:08pmQuote:
Your welcome. Digital output probably sounds very very close no matter which cable you use as long as it has good shielding and power.post #2333 of 89515/23/13 at 8:08pmpost #2334 of 89515/24/13 at 12:29ampost #2335 of 89515/24/13 at 3:53amQuote:Quote:
Try powered USB hubs, and if it doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. It just doesn't work. I had the same issue with Modi.post #2336 of 89515/24/13 at 7:26amQuote:
I had that behavior too. The music was played fast but no sound.post #2337 of 89515/24/13 at 7:50amQuote:
Do you have the international version of the S3?
Can you link me to the rom? Is it this one? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1745003
Will this rom still work on the at&t s3?
Thankspost #2338 of 89515/24/13 at 10:45amQuote:
A same problem (?):
"I'm having trouble with GS3 + Pico. When I connect them to each other, I see the USB device identification at the top of the screen and the built-in speakers mute. The song seems to fast forward (the jumps about 30 seconds forward once per second) and no sound comes out."
Workaround: "A USB 2.0 hub to be inserted between the S3 and the Pico
Theoretically, a USB 2.0 hub has a transaction translator.The transaction translator should convert the USB 1.1 OHCI full speed traffic only supported by the Pico to the USB 2.0 EHCI high speed traffic also supported by the S3.Thus, the USB 1.1 driver OHCI of the S3 should not be involved, and we won’t have the OHCI problem""After much cable swapping and testing, it seems I have finally got the international s3 to work with the Pico dac/amp combo. The international S3 requires an USB hub for it to work with the Pico, as it seems the hub is needed to sync the USB 1.1 connection to the usb 2.0 connection on the S3."Pico bug fixed by HeadAmp:"It's been reported that the Pico DAC/Amp doesn't work with the Galaxy Note II or Galaxy S3 (international version) -- except with a powered hub -- but does work just fine with the north american Galaxy S3.I've acquired a Galaxy Note II to figure out the problem.Progress has been made and it is working right now. However, it's likely that a fix will require:- A small component swap on the Pico circuit board which does not change performance or possibly- A custom-made USB cableI prefer the first solution. Once a solution is finalized, you may send your Pico to me to have the change made, free of charge, just pay the shipping costs. New orders will ship with the change already in place"post #2339 of 89515/24/13 at 10:53ampost #2340 of 89515/24/13 at 12:32pm
There is no interworking problem between a US Galaxy S3 and a Pico.
The interworking bug between an international Galaxy S3 and a Pico was fixed: no more need to use a USB 2.0 hub.
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Equalization - capabilities and limitations 5 seconds ago
- › COMING SOON: Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920 23 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 42 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 46 seconds ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Dolby Atmos for Headphones now available in Windows 10 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear