I want to make my Samsung I9300 and in the future nexus 7 capable playing audio through usb. Is it PCM2704 compatible?? because it's very cheap, probably the performances are weak but if i can find one for a small price i will get it. For sure both devices running custom kernel.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 156
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2327 of 87915/22/13 at 2:49pm
Just a quick status report: USB audio functionality remains in the latest Galaxy S3 i9300 build of Paranoid Android, version 3.55. Let's hope this version get's it working on more devices. It sure is nice having my choice Android mod and USB audio.post #2328 of 87915/22/13 at 4:06pm
I can confirm that this works with the new HTC ONE. I bought one of those miniusb to microusb cables from ebay. It auto-detects with no setting configuration required. Now I can use this mini rig for my travels. sounds great!
HTC ONE -> iBasso D10-> RE-ZEROpost #2329 of 87915/23/13 at 10:35amQuote:
I wish there is a cheap version of micro to micro usb otg cable so I don't have to do USB OTG - > microusb -> DAC.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2post #2330 of 87915/23/13 at 12:45pmpost #2331 of 87915/23/13 at 6:05pmQuote:Awesome thanks so much. Been looking for this forever. I have seen those $60 ones. I never believed digital outputs can sound different through different cable material.Originally Posted by kimvictorQuote:
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2post #2332 of 87915/23/13 at 6:08pmQuote:
Your welcome. Digital output probably sounds very very close no matter which cable you use as long as it has good shielding and power.post #2333 of 87915/23/13 at 8:08pmpost #2334 of 87915/24/13 at 12:29ampost #2335 of 87915/24/13 at 3:53amQuote:Quote:
Try powered USB hubs, and if it doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. It just doesn't work. I had the same issue with Modi.post #2336 of 87915/24/13 at 7:26amQuote:
I had that behavior too. The music was played fast but no sound.post #2337 of 87915/24/13 at 7:50amQuote:
Do you have the international version of the S3?
Can you link me to the rom? Is it this one? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1745003
Will this rom still work on the at&t s3?
Thankspost #2338 of 87915/24/13 at 10:45amQuote:
A same problem (?):
"I'm having trouble with GS3 + Pico. When I connect them to each other, I see the USB device identification at the top of the screen and the built-in speakers mute. The song seems to fast forward (the jumps about 30 seconds forward once per second) and no sound comes out."
Workaround: "A USB 2.0 hub to be inserted between the S3 and the Pico
Theoretically, a USB 2.0 hub has a transaction translator.The transaction translator should convert the USB 1.1 OHCI full speed traffic only supported by the Pico to the USB 2.0 EHCI high speed traffic also supported by the S3.Thus, the USB 1.1 driver OHCI of the S3 should not be involved, and we won’t have the OHCI problem""After much cable swapping and testing, it seems I have finally got the international s3 to work with the Pico dac/amp combo. The international S3 requires an USB hub for it to work with the Pico, as it seems the hub is needed to sync the USB 1.1 connection to the usb 2.0 connection on the S3."Pico bug fixed by HeadAmp:"It's been reported that the Pico DAC/Amp doesn't work with the Galaxy Note II or Galaxy S3 (international version) -- except with a powered hub -- but does work just fine with the north american Galaxy S3.I've acquired a Galaxy Note II to figure out the problem.Progress has been made and it is working right now. However, it's likely that a fix will require:- A small component swap on the Pico circuit board which does not change performance or possibly- A custom-made USB cableI prefer the first solution. Once a solution is finalized, you may send your Pico to me to have the change made, free of charge, just pay the shipping costs. New orders will ship with the change already in place"post #2339 of 87915/24/13 at 10:53ampost #2340 of 87915/24/13 at 12:32pm
There is no interworking problem between a US Galaxy S3 and a Pico.
The interworking bug between an international Galaxy S3 and a Pico was fixed: no more need to use a USB 2.0 hub.
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 49 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MUC-M1BT1 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amp with Black Quantum fuse and DH Labs power cable 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Another Shure SE535 Red Limited Edition launched in USA 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear