Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HE-400 troubleshooting progress update and upgrading program
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HE-400 troubleshooting progress update and upgrading program - Page 8

post #106 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAC47 View Post

 

 

Not sure why they used EMS for you :/ i ordered mine on friday and they are expected to arrive on 21st (Wednesday) with Fedex. I live in Tassie by the way ;). When are yours expected to arrive?


Yea I dunno either. They shipped on friday, were in Sydney on Monday, passed customs monday lunchtime, and thats the last update I have. They should have gotten to Brisbane early this morning and gone out for delivery today but they didn't ffs. Hopefully tomorrow but auspost tracking still says its in sydney :\

 

post #107 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subatomic View Post


Yea I dunno either. They shipped on friday, were in Sydney on Monday, passed customs monday lunchtime, and thats the last update I have. They should have gotten to Brisbane early this morning and gone out for delivery today but they didn't ffs. Hopefully tomorrow but auspost tracking still says its in sydney :\

 

oh ok that sucks! As i said before i bought them on Friday and they arrived yesterday :) woo! Which is pretty incredible. I'm loving them way too much at the moment, it is definitely worth the wait! Just a matter of interest, what were your previous cans?
 

 

post #108 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAC47 View Post

oh ok that sucks! As i said before i bought them on Friday and they arrived yesterday :) woo! Which is pretty incredible. I'm loving them way too much at the moment, it is definitely worth the wait! Just a matter of interest, what were your previous cans?
 

 


Yea, and then they attempted delivery this morning and my mum was the only one home and missed it sigh. Gonna have to pick it up from auspost tomorrow. Annoying  that you ordered them friday and got them already and I ordered mine months and months ago and still dont haha :s

 

Previous cans were AD700s, still using them now, dunno what to do with them when i get the HE400s haha.

 

post #109 of 117

Mine are here. Came with the extra earpads like the email from Head-Direct said they would. Also, included cable is 3.5mm with a 1/4 adapter. I could be wrong, but is this different than the first batch? They sound very lovely (but this is coming up from a pair of AKG K301Xtra...)

post #110 of 117

Update: Can't fault Head-Direct's customer service. Sent them an email about the missing item and they said they'll send me the travel case (I said i'd prefer them over the second pair of pads). Love it :)

post #111 of 117

After waiting patiently for 2 months, I received my "replacement" pair today.

 

 
 
WTF? Headphones were shipped with no cable, and no retail packaging. Just wrapped in foam and tossed into a cardboard box. What kind of a replacement program is this? I sent my first pair back same way as I received it, retail box, cable, pouch...
 
You guys are getting free stuff, while I'm not even getting the basics. confused_face_2.gif

 


Edited by mgurvits - 3/23/12 at 5:22pm
post #112 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgurvits View Post

After waiting patiently for 2 months, I received my "replacement" pair today.

 

 
 
WTF? Headphones were shipped with no cable, and no retail packaging. Just wrapped in foam and tossed into a cardboard box. What kind of a replacement program is this? I sent my first pair back same way as I received it, retail box, cable, pouch...
 
You guys are getting free stuff, while I'm not even getting the basics. confused_face_2.gif

 



I'm pretty sure you're just supposed to send the headphones back. That's what they told me anyways..

post #113 of 117

But they didn't say any of that to me. They even emailed me to tell me they received my headphones. If sent in everything just as I got it (as you would with any return or exchange, with any online retailer), why send me back just the headphones? 

post #114 of 117

Well, after receiving my email, Head-Direct sent me a new cable and velour earpads. I was told I was also going to receive the retail box, but that was not sent. 

 

The cable I received is different from the original, it is terminated with a 1/8 plug with a 1/4 adapter included. The "leather" ear pads have also changed, and have a more dense material separating your ear from the driver (you cannot see the driver through it). I prefer the velour pads, as the material on them is not as dense (you can see the driver through it).

 

After initial listening, I don't know what to think. These don't sound like the HE-400's I had before. The bass impact (punch) that was present in the first pair is nowhere to be found. This was the main reason I decided to keep the HE-400 along with my HD800's.   

 

Is my memory really playing tricks on me? Did anyone else from the first batch notice a change in sound?

post #115 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgurvits View Post

Well, after receiving my email, Head-Direct sent me a new cable and velour earpads. I was told I was also going to receive the retail box, but that was not sent. 

 

The cable I received is different from the original, it is terminated with a 1/8 plug with a 1/4 adapter included. The "leather" ear pads have also changed, and have a more dense material separating your ear from the driver (you cannot see the driver through it). I prefer the velour pads, as the material on them is not as dense (you can see the driver through it).

 

After initial listening, I don't know what to think. These don't sound like the HE-400's I had before. The bass impact (punch) that was present in the first pair is nowhere to be found. This was the main reason I decided to keep the HE-400 along with my HD800's.   

 

Is my memory really playing tricks on me? Did anyone else from the first batch notice a change in sound?

My first pair wouldn't last for more than 5 minutes or so before the left driver would cut out but I find the replacement pair has really good bass.  I actually really dig the sound of them.  I don't know if you've been on the other HE400 thread but there's been plenty of impressions in the last couple of weeks.  Maybe start here on this page if you haven't already.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586885/new-hifiman-headphone-he-400-is-out/975

 

 

post #116 of 117

Has anyone tried ordering a pair of HE-400's in the past two weeks? I ordered a pair of he400's on the 22nd of march and they still haven't been shipped out, here is a snippit from my email back and forth.

 

Yesterday ::

 

 

 

Quote:

"this shipping was delayed for the earcups quality issue. we will ship the order out tomorrow after replacing all of the earcups.

sorry for the delaying.

 

So i'm just wondering, are the velour/pleather earpads defective, or was there some new issue with the cup frame on the headphone? I hope they live up to their promise and have them in fedex's hands today :))

post #117 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrontyr View Post

Has anyone tried ordering a pair of HE-400's in the past two weeks? I ordered a pair of he400's on the 22nd of march and they still haven't been shipped out, here is a snippit from my email back and forth.

 

Yesterday ::

 

 

 

 

So i'm just wondering, are the velour/pleather earpads defective, or was there some new issue with the cup frame on the headphone? I hope they live up to their promise and have them in fedex's hands today :))


I've tried getting my replacement from my set that I received (2nd batch) that the right driver didn't work. Customer service was doing a good job at keeping me up to date on when they received my broken ones for replacement, helping me out and stuff, but as of late I asked for the status on getting my replacement since it has been almost 3 weeks and they said I would have them in 1-2 weeks, but still haven't received a response and it has been 3 days.

 

Long story short, I haven't received my new set yet either. Not sure what the problem is.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HE-400 troubleshooting progress update and upgrading program