Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › BLIND TEST: Lossless vs. MP3 320
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BLIND TEST: Lossless vs. MP3 320 - Page 8

Poll Results: BLIND TEST: Lossless vs. MP3 320 kbps

 
  • 27% (40)
    A is Lossless
  • 42% (63)
    B is Lossless
  • 30% (45)
    No Difference
148 Total Votes  
post #106 of 107

Don't worry - I am just naturally sceptical smile.gif.

 

The reason I questioned the timing is that in your last test there were several results under 10 seconds (1 was actually recorded as 5 seconds) - 14.55.22 to 14.55.27. That barely gives enough time to hear the track and make your choice.  Just seems 'questionable'.

 

I owned the B2 previously - so I know what they are like.  The fact that you use 24/96 will make no difference to the test - especially as the recordings you compared were only 16bit anyway.  I can't speak for the E17, but I have owned several Fiios in the past - none were particularly 'resolving'.

 

If you were able to discern  a repeatable difference .... well done.  Unfortunately there is no prize wink.gif.   Is there any particular part of the recording that was easy for you (ie at what timestamp)?  Just interested.  Won't make any difference to me (my ears are not that good) - but may be interesting to others.

 

And your English is perfectly fine - no need to apologise.

post #107 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

The reason I questioned the timing is that in your last test there were several results under 10 seconds (1 was actually recorded as 5 seconds) - 14.55.22 to 14.55.27. That barely gives enough time to hear the track and make your choice.  Just seems 'questionable'.

3 seconds are enough as well. smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

I owned the B2 previously - so I know what they are like.

Do you agree with me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

The fact that you use 24/96 will make no difference to the test - especially as the recordings you compared were only 16bit anyway.

Sure. I just posted the equipment I use and mentioned the mode of the DAC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

 I can't speak for the E17, but I have owned several Fiios in the past - none were particularly 'resolving'.

The resolution was enough for me. ( if you believe me smily_headphones1.gif)) ). BTW I just tried to pass the test with my Brainwavz HM5's - it's impossible...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

Unfortunately there is no prize wink.gif .   Is there any particular part of the recording that was easy for you (ie at what timestamp)?  Just interested.  Won't make any difference to me (my ears are not that good) - but may be interesting to others.

That's why I am asking: why do I need to fake the results?
About the particular part: yes it exists ( as mentioned in the previous post - you can see it on screenshots I provided ). It's around 0.57, when he sings "You can maaaake me scream". I concentrate on the word make, on the file 'B' while he pronounces the letter 'a' you can hear some more treble ( maybe upper mids ), sparkle. On the file 'A' the sparkle still exists but it sounds different way: I call it 'polished'.

Try this maybe it will work for you as well...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › BLIND TEST: Lossless vs. MP3 320