- 268 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT770 Pro 80 or DT770 Pro 250 with E7? Last post on 1/20/11 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- your opinions of Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 250Ohms Last post on 9/10/12 at 4:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 80Ω sounds...eh. Amp noobie Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Amp for dt770post #1 of 102/8/12 at 9:46pmThread StarterI've a friend who has decided on the dt770 buthe needs an amp. He is looking at the lower price range' for something like the e7 or e6. Which amp should he get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 102/8/12 at 9:54pmQuote:
is this for a portable player, home use, or both?
if it's for home use, I'd recommend the e10 or e9 (both under $100).
for portable use, the e6 or e7 would be fine at making the volume louder if the portable player doesn't have enough juice to increase volume. personally, aside from making louder sound, i don't think the DT 770's coming out of an e6 or e7 sound any different than out of an ipod headphone jack.
just get the DT 770 Pro 80Ω; these are suitable for portable devices like ipods or computers
Edited by Bee inthe Attic - 2/8/12 at 10:02pmpost #3 of 102/8/12 at 10:37pm
My iPhone and iPad drive the 770 Pro/80 just fine. The volume generally sits around 70% for comfortable listening and 100% approaches too loud for listening for me. I'd suggest he use them on his device for a while before moving to an amp just to make sure he knows what he's wanting to get out of them. I've got an E11 and the sounds doesn't change much. They already have plenty of bass, so I keep the eq at 0, anyway. I've stopped using the E11 and prefer the convenience of the straight headphone out.post #4 of 102/9/12 at 6:12amThread Starterpost #5 of 102/9/12 at 7:06amQuote:
The 32ohm version is easier to drive, but it doesn't sound as good as the 80ohm version.post #6 of 102/9/12 at 7:24amQuote:
The 80ohm version is slightly more bassy out of the box. It does benefit an amplifier. The 32ohm does not need an amp, but folk do report using an amp with it still. Due to that, I'd just get the 80ohm (one of my favorite headphones in the sub-$200 anyways). Add to it a nice little amp like the Fiio E11.
Very best,post #7 of 102/10/12 at 7:08amThread Starterpost #8 of 102/10/12 at 8:15amQuote:
Still have a long way to go son.post #9 of 105/11/12 at 11:55ampost #10 of 105/11/12 at 12:29pm
- Amp for dt770
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 4 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 11 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 2 minutes ago
- › [Price Reduction] Parasound Zdac v.2 2 minutes ago
- › [Price Reduction] Parasound Zdac v.2 3 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear