- 266 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT770 Pro 80 or DT770 Pro 250 with E7? Last post on 1/20/11 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- your opinions of Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 250Ohms Last post on 9/10/12 at 4:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 80Ω sounds...eh. Amp noobie Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Amp for dt770post #1 of 102/8/12 at 9:46pmThread StarterI've a friend who has decided on the dt770 buthe needs an amp. He is looking at the lower price range' for something like the e7 or e6. Which amp should he get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 102/8/12 at 9:54pmQuote:
is this for a portable player, home use, or both?
if it's for home use, I'd recommend the e10 or e9 (both under $100).
for portable use, the e6 or e7 would be fine at making the volume louder if the portable player doesn't have enough juice to increase volume. personally, aside from making louder sound, i don't think the DT 770's coming out of an e6 or e7 sound any different than out of an ipod headphone jack.
just get the DT 770 Pro 80Ω; these are suitable for portable devices like ipods or computers
Edited by Bee inthe Attic - 2/8/12 at 10:02pmpost #3 of 102/8/12 at 10:37pm
My iPhone and iPad drive the 770 Pro/80 just fine. The volume generally sits around 70% for comfortable listening and 100% approaches too loud for listening for me. I'd suggest he use them on his device for a while before moving to an amp just to make sure he knows what he's wanting to get out of them. I've got an E11 and the sounds doesn't change much. They already have plenty of bass, so I keep the eq at 0, anyway. I've stopped using the E11 and prefer the convenience of the straight headphone out.post #4 of 102/9/12 at 6:12amThread Starterpost #5 of 102/9/12 at 7:06amQuote:
The 32ohm version is easier to drive, but it doesn't sound as good as the 80ohm version.post #6 of 102/9/12 at 7:24amQuote:
The 80ohm version is slightly more bassy out of the box. It does benefit an amplifier. The 32ohm does not need an amp, but folk do report using an amp with it still. Due to that, I'd just get the 80ohm (one of my favorite headphones in the sub-$200 anyways). Add to it a nice little amp like the Fiio E11.
Very best,post #7 of 102/10/12 at 7:08amThread Starterpost #8 of 102/10/12 at 8:15amQuote:
Still have a long way to go son.post #9 of 105/11/12 at 11:55ampost #10 of 105/11/12 at 12:29pm
- Amp for dt770
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 42 seconds ago
- › Koss Portapro Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for Speaker recommendation for my Mac Pro - Not too much... 2 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude