- 266 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT770 Pro 80 or DT770 Pro 250 with E7? Last post on 1/20/11 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- your opinions of Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 250Ohms Last post on 9/10/12 at 4:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 80Ω sounds...eh. Amp noobie Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
Amp for dt770post #1 of 102/8/12 at 9:46pmThread StarterI've a friend who has decided on the dt770 buthe needs an amp. He is looking at the lower price range' for something like the e7 or e6. Which amp should he get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 102/8/12 at 9:54pmQuote:
is this for a portable player, home use, or both?
if it's for home use, I'd recommend the e10 or e9 (both under $100).
for portable use, the e6 or e7 would be fine at making the volume louder if the portable player doesn't have enough juice to increase volume. personally, aside from making louder sound, i don't think the DT 770's coming out of an e6 or e7 sound any different than out of an ipod headphone jack.
just get the DT 770 Pro 80Ω; these are suitable for portable devices like ipods or computers
Edited by Bee inthe Attic - 2/8/12 at 10:02pmpost #3 of 102/8/12 at 10:37pm
My iPhone and iPad drive the 770 Pro/80 just fine. The volume generally sits around 70% for comfortable listening and 100% approaches too loud for listening for me. I'd suggest he use them on his device for a while before moving to an amp just to make sure he knows what he's wanting to get out of them. I've got an E11 and the sounds doesn't change much. They already have plenty of bass, so I keep the eq at 0, anyway. I've stopped using the E11 and prefer the convenience of the straight headphone out.post #4 of 102/9/12 at 6:12amThread Starterpost #5 of 102/9/12 at 7:06amQuote:
The 32ohm version is easier to drive, but it doesn't sound as good as the 80ohm version.post #6 of 102/9/12 at 7:24amQuote:
The 80ohm version is slightly more bassy out of the box. It does benefit an amplifier. The 32ohm does not need an amp, but folk do report using an amp with it still. Due to that, I'd just get the 80ohm (one of my favorite headphones in the sub-$200 anyways). Add to it a nice little amp like the Fiio E11.
Very best,post #7 of 102/10/12 at 7:08amThread Starterpost #8 of 102/10/12 at 8:15amQuote:
Still have a long way to go son.post #9 of 105/11/12 at 11:55ampost #10 of 105/11/12 at 12:29pm
- Amp for dt770
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fostex Flagship Earphones TE-07 3 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio K10U or JH Audio Angie 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2