- 266 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT770 Pro 80 or DT770 Pro 250 with E7? Last post on 1/20/11 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- your opinions of Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 250Ohms Last post on 9/10/12 at 4:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 80Ω sounds...eh. Amp noobie Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Amp for dt770post #1 of 102/8/12 at 9:46pmThread StarterI've a friend who has decided on the dt770 buthe needs an amp. He is looking at the lower price range' for something like the e7 or e6. Which amp should he get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 102/8/12 at 9:54pmQuote:
is this for a portable player, home use, or both?
if it's for home use, I'd recommend the e10 or e9 (both under $100).
for portable use, the e6 or e7 would be fine at making the volume louder if the portable player doesn't have enough juice to increase volume. personally, aside from making louder sound, i don't think the DT 770's coming out of an e6 or e7 sound any different than out of an ipod headphone jack.
just get the DT 770 Pro 80Ω; these are suitable for portable devices like ipods or computers
Edited by Bee inthe Attic - 2/8/12 at 10:02pmpost #3 of 102/8/12 at 10:37pm
My iPhone and iPad drive the 770 Pro/80 just fine. The volume generally sits around 70% for comfortable listening and 100% approaches too loud for listening for me. I'd suggest he use them on his device for a while before moving to an amp just to make sure he knows what he's wanting to get out of them. I've got an E11 and the sounds doesn't change much. They already have plenty of bass, so I keep the eq at 0, anyway. I've stopped using the E11 and prefer the convenience of the straight headphone out.post #4 of 102/9/12 at 6:12amThread Starterpost #5 of 102/9/12 at 7:06amQuote:
The 32ohm version is easier to drive, but it doesn't sound as good as the 80ohm version.post #6 of 102/9/12 at 7:24amQuote:
The 80ohm version is slightly more bassy out of the box. It does benefit an amplifier. The 32ohm does not need an amp, but folk do report using an amp with it still. Due to that, I'd just get the 80ohm (one of my favorite headphones in the sub-$200 anyways). Add to it a nice little amp like the Fiio E11.
Very best,post #7 of 102/10/12 at 7:08amThread Starterpost #8 of 102/10/12 at 8:15amQuote:
Still have a long way to go son.post #9 of 105/11/12 at 11:55ampost #10 of 105/11/12 at 12:29pm
- Amp for dt770
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FS: T5P and Cremona Auditor M(Speaker) 28 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 39 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › intro 2 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a compact, single-box solution for the HD600?... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)