- 268 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT770 Pro 80 or DT770 Pro 250 with E7? Last post on 1/20/11 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- your opinions of Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 250Ohms Last post on 9/10/12 at 4:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 80Ω sounds...eh. Amp noobie Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
Amp for dt770post #1 of 102/8/12 at 9:46pmThread StarterI've a friend who has decided on the dt770 buthe needs an amp. He is looking at the lower price range' for something like the e7 or e6. Which amp should he get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 102/8/12 at 9:54pmQuote:
is this for a portable player, home use, or both?
if it's for home use, I'd recommend the e10 or e9 (both under $100).
for portable use, the e6 or e7 would be fine at making the volume louder if the portable player doesn't have enough juice to increase volume. personally, aside from making louder sound, i don't think the DT 770's coming out of an e6 or e7 sound any different than out of an ipod headphone jack.
just get the DT 770 Pro 80Ω; these are suitable for portable devices like ipods or computers
Edited by Bee inthe Attic - 2/8/12 at 10:02pmpost #3 of 102/8/12 at 10:37pm
My iPhone and iPad drive the 770 Pro/80 just fine. The volume generally sits around 70% for comfortable listening and 100% approaches too loud for listening for me. I'd suggest he use them on his device for a while before moving to an amp just to make sure he knows what he's wanting to get out of them. I've got an E11 and the sounds doesn't change much. They already have plenty of bass, so I keep the eq at 0, anyway. I've stopped using the E11 and prefer the convenience of the straight headphone out.post #4 of 102/9/12 at 6:12amThread Starterpost #5 of 102/9/12 at 7:06amQuote:
The 32ohm version is easier to drive, but it doesn't sound as good as the 80ohm version.post #6 of 102/9/12 at 7:24amQuote:
The 80ohm version is slightly more bassy out of the box. It does benefit an amplifier. The 32ohm does not need an amp, but folk do report using an amp with it still. Due to that, I'd just get the 80ohm (one of my favorite headphones in the sub-$200 anyways). Add to it a nice little amp like the Fiio E11.
Very best,post #7 of 102/10/12 at 7:08amThread Starterpost #8 of 102/10/12 at 8:15amQuote:
Still have a long way to go son.post #9 of 105/11/12 at 11:55ampost #10 of 105/11/12 at 12:29pm
- Amp for dt770
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 9 seconds ago
- › Fiio X3ii vs Sony NWZ-A15/A17 - A Comparison 13 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 20 seconds ago
- › oBravo Planar Magnetic Earphones Land in UK 44 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What happens if Amp-Tube has a failure? 1 minute ago
- › Question Schiit Wyrd and Motherboard 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 3 minutes ago
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...