Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › god i hate battlefield 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

god i hate battlefield 3 - Page 3

post #31 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

God I want to play an updated 2142. 

I loved that game
post #32 of 345

I feel I brought you guys some good old memories :)

post #33 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View Post

I wonder why you bought anything from EA in the first place. They are evil. 



Why on earth would they force people to sublicense through them for porsche?

post #34 of 345
Thread Starter 

The original Battlefield 1942 had the best air combat, slower aircraft are more fun to play with especially with such limited maps, dogfighting was great fun. Also it had the best theme song, was bad ass. I like the addition of helicopters in battlefield 2, also the tanks were maybe more fun to play with, better weapons. 2142 was pretty fun, I didn't like the vehicles honestly, though was fun piloting a mech around.

post #35 of 345

I've been enjoying BF3 for PC.  I played BC2 (PC) and 1943 (ps3).  It took a bit of time to get used to it but I've been hooked lately and I haven't even unlocked much.  I'm still useless with the choppers and jets, and the responses I get when I practice aren't helping but f them.  Overall I still have a blast playing.  I did delete my BC2 files to make room for my Linux partition so I haven't been on in a while.  Are here still good numbers on there?  

post #36 of 345

Was away of BF3 for 1 week, came back - and started complaining again...

post #37 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post

 I did delete my BC2 files to make room for my Linux partition so I haven't been on in a while.  Are here still good numbers on there?  

I'm still able to find a handful of full low ping servers day or night on the west coast. The Vietnam expansion is dead though.
post #38 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygonn View Post


I'm still able to find a handful of full low ping servers day or night on the west coast. The Vietnam expansion is dead though.


That's a shame.  I think I spent $15 for that and played it only a few times.  

post #39 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post



That's a shame.  I think I spent $15 for that and played it only a few times.  

I bought a BLOPS expansion pack hoping I could select only expansion maps thus excluding Nuketown from the selection list.

225

Ended up only playing one expansion map twice.
post #40 of 345

First BF I've really played since Vietnam:vanilla (had BF2 but didn't play much) so I'm pretty happy with the game.  Sure there's the quirks but IMO, people get too serious about the annoyances and forget to have fun playing.

 

Only thing that really pisses me off in this game is the network coding.  Freaking horrible to die 2 seconds after hiding behind cover with < 50ms ping

 

 

 

post #41 of 345

BF 1943, yes 43 not 42, was the best 1200 MS points I have ever spent in my 4yrs of being on Xbox.

post #42 of 345

I also hate this game, I think the maps and some of the vehicles are good the maps are much better than mw3 anyway , it's just the actual gameplay is really crap very few of the guns shoot straight i'm not the only who has this problem often when I get close to within a couple of metres of an enemy it takes a good few minutes while we both dance about trying to shoot each other because it's impossible to hit anything with the guns. There are only a couple of good game modes the team death match is just an increadly poor stripped down version of mw3, in the other modes the game spawns you miles from the objective and it's easy for an enemy sniper to just sit and wait for you everytime, the jets and helicopters are annoying and become impossible to take down with the flares and stealth perks the smaller levels are the better levels because of the lack of jets and helicoppers and snipers.

post #43 of 345

I can only enjoy it when I'm on vent with friends.  I can not and will not play a random pick up game by myself anymore.

post #44 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRG1990 View Post

I also hate this game, I think the maps and some of the vehicles are good the maps are much better than mw3 anyway , it's just the actual gameplay is really crap very few of the guns shoot straight i'm not the only who has this problem often when I get close to within a couple of metres of an enemy it takes a good few minutes while we both dance about trying to shoot each other because it's impossible to hit anything with the guns. There are only a couple of good game modes the team death match is just an increadly poor stripped down version of mw3, in the other modes the game spawns you miles from the objective and it's easy for an enemy sniper to just sit and wait for you everytime, the jets and helicopters are annoying and become impossible to take down with the flares and stealth perks the smaller levels are the better levels because of the lack of jets and helicoppers and snipers.


The guns are fine - you are experiencing the brilliant/fantastic/outstanding/hardo fail netcoding of the battlefield series.  The game still has hitbox issues with uneven latency for you or enemy and some really strange effects while trading bullets ie no hitmarkers, weird hit registration etc eventually one of you will die and you will see that the enemy is damaged.  There is no way I would play this game competitively - it just has such poor netcode.  They should have some low ping servers like in CS as this would help with some of these issues - but the main culprit is the coding of the game itself.

post #45 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post



GTFO lol:D



Never mind score per min - your 7 MVP ribbons is much more impressive IMO.  my stats


My score/min a bit lower as I spend far too long on sniper kit (my excuse anyway) - which is another gripe I have with BF3 - the close range sniper nerf - where are my chest-shot kills?  Now snipers are suck being smelly-hiding-far-away-baddies.  Sniper class in BC2 was so much more useful to the team (C4, chestshot kills).

I don't like BF3 maps either - but I can see where they were going/trying to be different.  There are a few very open maps with way too many vehicles - adjust your server filter for conquest large maps.  Overall I like game flow and balance in BC2 much better.

There are some irritating bugs still - worst one is hitbox alignment during obstacle clearing animation - just try to hit someone clearing a fence - its impossible.  Also that annoying buy where you get stuck for no reason while walking...

I quite liked 2142 but the weapons were a bit hardo-g.

If they fixed the chopper cannon in BC2, maybe made the guided rocket less crap, that game would be much better than BF3, better framerates, better gameplay, better maps.  Only problem I had with BC-2 as you might guess was retards strafing around in chopper with an engineer all game.

BOTH OF YOU ARE INFERIOR TO THE ALMIGHTY MAV MASTER:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Borack2134/iteminfo/mav/247304088/pc/

To be fair with other stats, the account is shared on two PCs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › god i hate battlefield 3