lol the krk 8400 look very stylish in photos or layed out on a desk or something. but once you put them on and look in the mirror, you'll know why they will be staying home.
- productCowon J3 Portable Media Player 32GB - Whitetagged by System, 2/10/12
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 2/10/12
- productZune HD 32 GB Video MP3 Player (Platinum)tagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- M-Audio Q40 vs Grado SR80 vs Grado SR60 & other suggestions Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New and need some advice Last post on 12/15/11 at 12:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Recommend me a pair of headphones for at most $150? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 232/8/12 at 6:15pm
Well, while I thoroughly agree on the recommendation of the HD25:1-II, I saw what you asked about the E6, and just as an FYI, the E6 uses the same amp as the E7, but the E7 has an internal DAC. So just for mobile use, the E6 is great.post #18 of 232/8/12 at 8:58pm
At the risk of being insulted by wannabe audiophile nerds, I'd recommend the Bose Triport AE 2. Seriously. They're pretty good. Check them out in the store.
They fold flat, have excellent isolation, excellent comfort, and excellent bass extension (I can hear down to about 18Hz at normal volume) and impact. They have improved durability over the Triport AE.
As for the Grado SR60/80, I found them painful to wear for extended periods, the earcups have no stops and therefore swivel freely, twisting the wires which you have to untwist when you wear them since they hit your face. They sound like $80 headphones. Quite a bit better than PortaPros, and slightly worse than the Triport. They have very little soundstage if any at all, which people will politely refer to as being "forward" or in the "first row". Oh, and since they're "open" headphones, people within 5-10 feet of you will be commenting on your choice in music and telling you that you're ruining your hearing.
Edited by PointyFox - 2/8/12 at 9:42pmpost #19 of 232/9/12 at 4:05amThread StarterSimply basing off of what I saw at FutureShop, I thought they were HD25s, but are actually HD25 1 II. Which means it was what I was looking for! They were cheaper over Amazon, so I am planning on getting it there. Thanks for the help!
EDIT: Nightowl, thanks for the info! I did my fair share of research on the Fiio amps but I can't seem to find a good reason to get the E6 over the E5? Any specific reasons?
Edited by iconic - 2/9/12 at 1:16pmpost #20 of 232/9/12 at 5:43pm
Where are you in Canada? FS had the Adidas versions on sale for $199 back in September or October, but I really don't think that will happen again. They had a sick deal on the HD558s a few weeks ago though @$139 too. The cheapest place I've seen within Canada for the standard HD25-1 iis was $239 shipped plus taxes. I picked mine up locally for that price.
Unless Adidas is part of your daily wardrobe or you visit their facebook page, don't spend the extra money on them. Just get the regular ones and save your money towards an amp/dac or recable.post #21 of 232/9/12 at 7:25pmpost #22 of 232/10/12 at 12:06pmThread Starterpost #23 of 232/10/12 at 5:47pm
- Recommend me a pair of headphones for at most $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 12 seconds ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 49 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 53 seconds ago
- › X1 Custom Firmwares 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Chord Mojo 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear