lol the krk 8400 look very stylish in photos or layed out on a desk or something. but once you put them on and look in the mirror, you'll know why they will be staying home.
- productCowon J3 Portable Media Player 32GB - Whitetagged by System, 2/10/12
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 2/10/12
- productZune HD 32 GB Video MP3 Player (Platinum)tagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- M-Audio Q40 vs Grado SR80 vs Grado SR60 & other suggestions Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New and need some advice Last post on 12/15/11 at 12:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag on it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
Recommend me a pair of headphones for at most $150? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 232/8/12 at 6:15pm
Well, while I thoroughly agree on the recommendation of the HD25:1-II, I saw what you asked about the E6, and just as an FYI, the E6 uses the same amp as the E7, but the E7 has an internal DAC. So just for mobile use, the E6 is great.post #18 of 232/8/12 at 8:58pm
At the risk of being insulted by wannabe audiophile nerds, I'd recommend the Bose Triport AE 2. Seriously. They're pretty good. Check them out in the store.
They fold flat, have excellent isolation, excellent comfort, and excellent bass extension (I can hear down to about 18Hz at normal volume) and impact. They have improved durability over the Triport AE.
As for the Grado SR60/80, I found them painful to wear for extended periods, the earcups have no stops and therefore swivel freely, twisting the wires which you have to untwist when you wear them since they hit your face. They sound like $80 headphones. Quite a bit better than PortaPros, and slightly worse than the Triport. They have very little soundstage if any at all, which people will politely refer to as being "forward" or in the "first row". Oh, and since they're "open" headphones, people within 5-10 feet of you will be commenting on your choice in music and telling you that you're ruining your hearing.
Edited by PointyFox - 2/8/12 at 9:42pmpost #19 of 232/9/12 at 4:05amThread StarterSimply basing off of what I saw at FutureShop, I thought they were HD25s, but are actually HD25 1 II. Which means it was what I was looking for! They were cheaper over Amazon, so I am planning on getting it there. Thanks for the help!
EDIT: Nightowl, thanks for the info! I did my fair share of research on the Fiio amps but I can't seem to find a good reason to get the E6 over the E5? Any specific reasons?
Edited by iconic - 2/9/12 at 1:16pmpost #20 of 232/9/12 at 5:43pm
Where are you in Canada? FS had the Adidas versions on sale for $199 back in September or October, but I really don't think that will happen again. They had a sick deal on the HD558s a few weeks ago though @$139 too. The cheapest place I've seen within Canada for the standard HD25-1 iis was $239 shipped plus taxes. I picked mine up locally for that price.
Unless Adidas is part of your daily wardrobe or you visit their facebook page, don't spend the extra money on them. Just get the regular ones and save your money towards an amp/dac or recable.post #21 of 232/9/12 at 7:25pmpost #22 of 232/10/12 at 12:06pmThread Starterpost #23 of 232/10/12 at 5:47pm
- Recommend me a pair of headphones for at most $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 28 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 33 seconds ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › How do i increase sound quality on my pc? 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD NFB-28 or Emotiva Stealth DC-1? 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Modi + iPhone 5 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)