lol the krk 8400 look very stylish in photos or layed out on a desk or something. but once you put them on and look in the mirror, you'll know why they will be staying home.
- productCowon J3 Portable Media Player 32GB - Whitetagged by System, 2/10/12
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 2/10/12
- productZune HD 32 GB Video MP3 Player (Platinum)tagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- M-Audio Q40 vs Grado SR80 vs Grado SR60 & other suggestions Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New and need some advice Last post on 12/15/11 at 12:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Elephone Whisper Noise Cancelling Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review...
Disclaimer: These headphones were sent to me thanks to the Oppo loaner program. They have since been returned and sent to the next reviewer. Want a headphone that sounds excellent, is easy...
Introduction: Unfamiliar Territory A couple of years ago, I was telling my father-in-law about my audio and music hobby. He asked me if the equipment I had was made by "Pioneer, Sony" or...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the C1002, one of 1More's many hybrid offerings. The C1002 utilizes a single balanced armature and single dynamic driver to produce a...
This is the worse purchase i did in audio ever. RHA should be ashamed releasing such a poor quality product. And the audio press should be ashamed not to mention this is well below average ... I...
Recommend me a pair of headphones for at most $150? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 232/8/12 at 6:15pm
Well, while I thoroughly agree on the recommendation of the HD25:1-II, I saw what you asked about the E6, and just as an FYI, the E6 uses the same amp as the E7, but the E7 has an internal DAC. So just for mobile use, the E6 is great.post #18 of 232/8/12 at 8:58pm
At the risk of being insulted by wannabe audiophile nerds, I'd recommend the Bose Triport AE 2. Seriously. They're pretty good. Check them out in the store.
They fold flat, have excellent isolation, excellent comfort, and excellent bass extension (I can hear down to about 18Hz at normal volume) and impact. They have improved durability over the Triport AE.
As for the Grado SR60/80, I found them painful to wear for extended periods, the earcups have no stops and therefore swivel freely, twisting the wires which you have to untwist when you wear them since they hit your face. They sound like $80 headphones. Quite a bit better than PortaPros, and slightly worse than the Triport. They have very little soundstage if any at all, which people will politely refer to as being "forward" or in the "first row". Oh, and since they're "open" headphones, people within 5-10 feet of you will be commenting on your choice in music and telling you that you're ruining your hearing.
Edited by PointyFox - 2/8/12 at 9:42pmpost #19 of 232/9/12 at 4:05amThread StarterSimply basing off of what I saw at FutureShop, I thought they were HD25s, but are actually HD25 1 II. Which means it was what I was looking for! They were cheaper over Amazon, so I am planning on getting it there. Thanks for the help!
EDIT: Nightowl, thanks for the info! I did my fair share of research on the Fiio amps but I can't seem to find a good reason to get the E6 over the E5? Any specific reasons?
Edited by iconic - 2/9/12 at 1:16pmpost #20 of 232/9/12 at 5:43pm
Where are you in Canada? FS had the Adidas versions on sale for $199 back in September or October, but I really don't think that will happen again. They had a sick deal on the HD558s a few weeks ago though @$139 too. The cheapest place I've seen within Canada for the standard HD25-1 iis was $239 shipped plus taxes. I picked mine up locally for that price.
Unless Adidas is part of your daily wardrobe or you visit their facebook page, don't spend the extra money on them. Just get the regular ones and save your money towards an amp/dac or recable.post #21 of 232/9/12 at 7:25pmpost #22 of 232/10/12 at 12:06pmThread Starterpost #23 of 232/10/12 at 5:47pm
- Recommend me a pair of headphones for at most $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 7 seconds ago
- › Listening fatigue 45 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG? 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 5 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...