lol the krk 8400 look very stylish in photos or layed out on a desk or something. but once you put them on and look in the mirror, you'll know why they will be staying home.
- productCowon J3 Portable Media Player 32GB - Whitetagged by System, 2/10/12
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 2/10/12
- productZune HD 32 GB Video MP3 Player (Platinum)tagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- M-Audio Q40 vs Grado SR80 vs Grado SR60 & other suggestions Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New and need some advice Last post on 12/15/11 at 12:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Recommend me a pair of headphones for at most $150? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 232/8/12 at 6:15pm
Well, while I thoroughly agree on the recommendation of the HD25:1-II, I saw what you asked about the E6, and just as an FYI, the E6 uses the same amp as the E7, but the E7 has an internal DAC. So just for mobile use, the E6 is great.post #18 of 232/8/12 at 8:58pm
At the risk of being insulted by wannabe audiophile nerds, I'd recommend the Bose Triport AE 2. Seriously. They're pretty good. Check them out in the store.
They fold flat, have excellent isolation, excellent comfort, and excellent bass extension (I can hear down to about 18Hz at normal volume) and impact. They have improved durability over the Triport AE.
As for the Grado SR60/80, I found them painful to wear for extended periods, the earcups have no stops and therefore swivel freely, twisting the wires which you have to untwist when you wear them since they hit your face. They sound like $80 headphones. Quite a bit better than PortaPros, and slightly worse than the Triport. They have very little soundstage if any at all, which people will politely refer to as being "forward" or in the "first row". Oh, and since they're "open" headphones, people within 5-10 feet of you will be commenting on your choice in music and telling you that you're ruining your hearing.
Edited by PointyFox - 2/8/12 at 9:42pmpost #19 of 232/9/12 at 4:05amThread StarterSimply basing off of what I saw at FutureShop, I thought they were HD25s, but are actually HD25 1 II. Which means it was what I was looking for! They were cheaper over Amazon, so I am planning on getting it there. Thanks for the help!
EDIT: Nightowl, thanks for the info! I did my fair share of research on the Fiio amps but I can't seem to find a good reason to get the E6 over the E5? Any specific reasons?
Edited by iconic - 2/9/12 at 1:16pmpost #20 of 232/9/12 at 5:43pm
Where are you in Canada? FS had the Adidas versions on sale for $199 back in September or October, but I really don't think that will happen again. They had a sick deal on the HD558s a few weeks ago though @$139 too. The cheapest place I've seen within Canada for the standard HD25-1 iis was $239 shipped plus taxes. I picked mine up locally for that price.
Unless Adidas is part of your daily wardrobe or you visit their facebook page, don't spend the extra money on them. Just get the regular ones and save your money towards an amp/dac or recable.post #21 of 232/9/12 at 7:25pmpost #22 of 232/10/12 at 12:06pmThread Starterpost #23 of 232/10/12 at 5:47pm
- Recommend me a pair of headphones for at most $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 15 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 21 seconds ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 52 seconds ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Musette NOS R-2R DAC (2015) Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 minutes ago
- › What is the sound quality of iPhone, iPad, iPod (Touch)? 6 minutes ago
- › Difference between NAD HP50 & Beyer T51P? 7 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › 바카라시스템 OX７00．ＣＯＭ 바카라시스템 xj6 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2