Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- HM-901 Last post on Yesterday at 11:28 pm in Portable Source Gear
- WTB: Colorfly C4 32GB or Ibasso DX100 Last post on 9/12/13 at 10:18pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- How to buy iBasso DX100 or Hifiman 801? Last post on 4/18/13 at 12:08am in Portable Source Gear
- DAP with the best SQ? Last post on 10/29/13 at 7:21am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 - Page 2post #16 of 205/21/12 at 1:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 205/21/12 at 6:25ampost #18 of 2012/3/12 at 10:42pmQuote:
Do you mind to explain it more? What recordings were you using?
Can you compare them with some explanation on the soundstage, dynamics, highs, mids and bass?
Their sound signature? I sure these information sure will help comparison between them. Thank you :Dpost #19 of 2010/2/13 at 1:57amQuote:P.P.P.S. Everything I wrote can be applied only to the records with good mastering and good quality of the record itself. There are tracks that despite everything sound practically the same from my iPod and from DX100. But the records that received a good treat at studios had really opened up and sounded great with all those awesome things I've described. And in fact, I was astonished when some records of 2000s opened up less then some records made in 80s and 90s. Before listening to DX100 I was pretty sure that everything recorded after year 2000 must be better in quality then those before.
It's true that the recording technology it's better today than 20 years ago but the way that the music its published not. There's an issue called "loudness wars" that affects most current comercial recordings.
Check out this video:
And also this websites:
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 25 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 32 seconds ago
- › Edifier H180 earbud 1 minute ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 1 minute ago
- › $350CAD HERUS: Asynchronous USB Audio 2.0, 24bit 352.8Ks/S, DXD and... 1 minute ago
- › Sansa SlotMusic MP3 players 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audinst HUD-MX1 Excellent Condition 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi