Well im looking into buying an Asgard and was wanting to know what is the best bang for my buck for a dac for this amp?
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/20/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 6/20/12
- productPURE i-20 Digital Dock for iPod/iPhone with Hi-Fi Quality Audio and Video Outputtagged by System, 6/20/12
- productSchiit Asgard 2tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/20/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Asgard + Which DAC? Need advice on decent pairing Last post on 8/22/12 at 3:28pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 11:29 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Whats a good amp/ usb DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms? Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:35pm in Computer Audio
- Opinions needed before I go listen to/buy Schiit Asgard & Bifrost, Im using Ultrasone Ed 8... Last post on 11/10/12 at 2:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
DAC for Schiit Asgard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Congrats, I definetely say get the bifrost if that's something in your range, if you want more portability, then the nuforce HDP, if you want something slightly cheaper, get the HRT MS2+
the bifrost is really good in soundstage and pairing with my lyr +k701, while some tracks still being analytical a little bit, when not doing AB testing, I enjoy my setup
Well the bitfrost is way out of my price range. I was thinking 175 for a dac tops. I will be using the HD598's with this combo. They already have a nice open soundstage but they are just lacking drive. I love the way they sound by themselves with just my Motherboard's DAC and would like to keep that same sound just punch up the drive a little. :D
If you like the quality of your sound already, just get the Asgaard.
You will love it. Especially with the HD598 it is magical. Enjoy.
Get a DAC only after not being happy with what you got ;-)
Well, since you like the sound of your computer's DAC, just go that route for now. You could get this kind of cable to connect the computer headphone jack to the Asgard:
Edited by mikenike - 2/8/12 at 12:52am
Actually, scratch that link and sorry for the double post, but I can't seem to change the link in the previous post. Look up '3.5mm to RCA monoprice' at Amazon. The first listing seems to have sturdier connectors on the RCA end than the one in the link I posted above.
Another recommendation for the HRT Music Streamer II. You will not need RCA cables with the HRT Music Streamer II. With two male-to-male RCA couplers you can plug it directly to the Asgard.
Edited by BrunoS72 - 2/9/12 at 8:07pm
I have the asgard and had an hd598. Not needed. It did not open up the headphone at all. It sounded the same through my gaming Astro mixamp. The only benefit i have found from an amp for the hd598 is that it gets louder. Nothing more.
As for a Dac and the hd598 i always recommend a dac but do NOT bother getting anything more than a udac with the headphone. The hd598 does not have good detail retrieval at all and the bifrost would be way over kill. One of the reasons i loved my 598 so much. Sometimes my other equipment is so analytical that it is more neat to listen to than musical. The 598's are musical because of the detail
- DAC for Schiit Asgard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 5 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 6 seconds ago
- › Ottawa Region 2015 Head-fi Meet - Respond here 20 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 6 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 7 minutes ago
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)