Well im looking into buying an Asgard and was wanting to know what is the best bang for my buck for a dac for this amp?
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/20/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 6/20/12
- productPURE i-20 Digital Dock for iPod/iPhone with Hi-Fi Quality Audio and Video Outputtagged by System, 6/20/12
- productSchiit Asgard 2tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/20/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Asgard + Which DAC? Need advice on decent pairing Last post on 8/22/12 at 3:28pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Yesterday at 8:32 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Whats a good amp/ usb DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms? Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:35pm in Computer Audio
- Opinions needed before I go listen to/buy Schiit Asgard & Bifrost, Im using Ultrasone Ed 8... Last post on 11/10/12 at 2:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
DAC for Schiit Asgardpost #1 of 252/7/12 at 12:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 252/7/12 at 12:37am
Congrats, I definetely say get the bifrost if that's something in your range, if you want more portability, then the nuforce HDP, if you want something slightly cheaper, get the HRT MS2+
the bifrost is really good in soundstage and pairing with my lyr +k701, while some tracks still being analytical a little bit, when not doing AB testing, I enjoy my setuppost #3 of 252/7/12 at 1:13amThread Starter
Well the bitfrost is way out of my price range. I was thinking 175 for a dac tops. I will be using the HD598's with this combo. They already have a nice open soundstage but they are just lacking drive. I love the way they sound by themselves with just my Motherboard's DAC and would like to keep that same sound just punch up the drive a little. :Dpost #4 of 252/7/12 at 3:26am
If you like the quality of your sound already, just get the Asgaard.
You will love it. Especially with the HD598 it is magical. Enjoy.
Get a DAC only after not being happy with what you got ;-)post #5 of 252/7/12 at 1:57pmThread Starterpost #6 of 252/7/12 at 2:19pmpost #7 of 252/7/12 at 6:11pmThread Starterpost #8 of 252/7/12 at 10:41pmpost #9 of 252/8/12 at 12:35ampost #10 of 252/8/12 at 12:48amQuote:
Well, since you like the sound of your computer's DAC, just go that route for now. You could get this kind of cable to connect the computer headphone jack to the Asgard:
Edited by mikenike - 2/8/12 at 12:52ampost #11 of 252/8/12 at 12:56am
Actually, scratch that link and sorry for the double post, but I can't seem to change the link in the previous post. Look up '3.5mm to RCA monoprice' at Amazon. The first listing seems to have sturdier connectors on the RCA end than the one in the link I posted above.post #12 of 252/9/12 at 8:04pm
Another recommendation for the HRT Music Streamer II. You will not need RCA cables with the HRT Music Streamer II. With two male-to-male RCA couplers you can plug it directly to the Asgard.
Edited by BrunoS72 - 2/9/12 at 8:07pmpost #13 of 252/10/12 at 7:58pmpost #14 of 255/10/12 at 3:22ampost #15 of 256/14/12 at 6:42pm
I have the asgard and had an hd598. Not needed. It did not open up the headphone at all. It sounded the same through my gaming Astro mixamp. The only benefit i have found from an amp for the hd598 is that it gets louder. Nothing more.
As for a Dac and the hd598 i always recommend a dac but do NOT bother getting anything more than a udac with the headphone. The hd598 does not have good detail retrieval at all and the bifrost would be way over kill. One of the reasons i loved my 598 so much. Sometimes my other equipment is so analytical that it is more neat to listen to than musical. The 598's are musical because of the detail
- DAC for Schiit Asgard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 7 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 7 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 7 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 8 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 8 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear