Well im looking into buying an Asgard and was wanting to know what is the best bang for my buck for a dac for this amp?
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/20/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 6/20/12
- productPURE i-20 Digital Dock for iPod/iPhone with Hi-Fi Quality Audio and Video Outputtagged by System, 6/20/12
- productSchiit Asgard 2tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/20/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Asgard + Which DAC? Need advice on decent pairing Last post on 8/22/12 at 3:28pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on 11/22/16 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Whats a good amp/ usb DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms? Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:35pm in Computer Audio
- Opinions needed before I go listen to/buy Schiit Asgard & Bifrost, Im using Ultrasone Ed 8... Last post on 11/10/12 at 2:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
DAC for Schiit Asgardpost #1 of 252/7/12 at 12:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 252/7/12 at 12:37am
Congrats, I definetely say get the bifrost if that's something in your range, if you want more portability, then the nuforce HDP, if you want something slightly cheaper, get the HRT MS2+
the bifrost is really good in soundstage and pairing with my lyr +k701, while some tracks still being analytical a little bit, when not doing AB testing, I enjoy my setuppost #3 of 252/7/12 at 1:13amThread Starter
Well the bitfrost is way out of my price range. I was thinking 175 for a dac tops. I will be using the HD598's with this combo. They already have a nice open soundstage but they are just lacking drive. I love the way they sound by themselves with just my Motherboard's DAC and would like to keep that same sound just punch up the drive a little. :Dpost #4 of 252/7/12 at 3:26am
If you like the quality of your sound already, just get the Asgaard.
You will love it. Especially with the HD598 it is magical. Enjoy.
Get a DAC only after not being happy with what you got ;-)post #5 of 252/7/12 at 1:57pmThread Starterpost #6 of 252/7/12 at 2:19pmpost #7 of 252/7/12 at 6:11pmThread Starterpost #8 of 252/7/12 at 10:41pmpost #9 of 252/8/12 at 12:35ampost #10 of 252/8/12 at 12:48amQuote:
Well, since you like the sound of your computer's DAC, just go that route for now. You could get this kind of cable to connect the computer headphone jack to the Asgard:
Edited by mikenike - 2/8/12 at 12:52ampost #11 of 252/8/12 at 12:56am
Actually, scratch that link and sorry for the double post, but I can't seem to change the link in the previous post. Look up '3.5mm to RCA monoprice' at Amazon. The first listing seems to have sturdier connectors on the RCA end than the one in the link I posted above.post #12 of 252/9/12 at 8:04pm
Another recommendation for the HRT Music Streamer II. You will not need RCA cables with the HRT Music Streamer II. With two male-to-male RCA couplers you can plug it directly to the Asgard.
Edited by BrunoS72 - 2/9/12 at 8:07pmpost #13 of 252/10/12 at 7:58pmpost #14 of 255/10/12 at 3:22ampost #15 of 256/14/12 at 6:42pm
I have the asgard and had an hd598. Not needed. It did not open up the headphone at all. It sounded the same through my gaming Astro mixamp. The only benefit i have found from an amp for the hd598 is that it gets louder. Nothing more.
As for a Dac and the hd598 i always recommend a dac but do NOT bother getting anything more than a udac with the headphone. The hd598 does not have good detail retrieval at all and the bifrost would be way over kill. One of the reasons i loved my 598 so much. Sometimes my other equipment is so analytical that it is more neat to listen to than musical. The 598's are musical because of the detail
- DAC for Schiit Asgard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones 14 seconds ago
- › Important advice needed: new headphones for person suffering from... 29 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › fs: grado sr225 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear