Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50S LE impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50S LE impressions - Page 12

post #166 of 176

http://www.head-fi.org/t/546556/superlux-express-train/585#post_9168876

 

hi guys, maybe this is related?

post #167 of 176

Me and My dad played a mono track and recorded it with a mic. and zoomed into the frequency super far. they are exactly the same. You see someone mentioned left louder than right. and Placebo, instantly believe it too. Trust me. Or its the seal your getting

post #168 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaetk View Post

Me and My dad played a mono track and recorded it with a mic. and zoomed into the frequency super far. they are exactly the same. You see someone mentioned left louder than right. and Placebo, instantly believe it too. Trust me. Or its the seal your getting

I have a slight hearing imbalance, and I know I'm not the only one. That's likely what people are hearing.

post #169 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaFi View Post

Do you have the first or second version of the M50? (second version has a white box)

I thought the LE would be the same as the second so maybe it's a burn in thing...or maybe not.
Either way they have the same drivers, AT just updated the style of their box a while back. But the coiled ones do measure diff than any of the the straight cable for some reason.
post #170 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

It was an assumption, nothing concrete. People here seem to believe in cables, so it was a possible theory.
A diff length of cable can only alter the sound if it is long enough for there to affect the amount of power going to the driver so it would have to be a well over 10 ft difference or if the cable has a copper silver mix or all silver because diff materials have a diff conductive property than others. Btw I know of no headphone that uses silver in a stock cable
post #171 of 176
are
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

Small update. I finally got the time to sit down and browse iTunes again today. They still had Paul McCartney's live concert video up! So I had a listen.

And wow, aside from the fact that I felt like I was sitting in one of the front seats in that small room, every member of the band, including Paul himself, was wearing an ATH-M50!

Edit: well, it seems I found someone in that crowd who wasn't wearing an M50, but only that one guy. I couldn't identify the headphones. Here's a screen cap:
Screen Shot 2012-02-11 at 12.16.18 PM.png
they are fostex t50rp's
post #172 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty3258 View Post

are
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

Small update. I finally got the time to sit down and browse iTunes again today. They still had Paul McCartney's live concert video up! So I had a listen.

And wow, aside from the fact that I felt like I was sitting in one of the front seats in that small room, every member of the band, including Paul himself, was wearing an ATH-M50!

Edit: well, it seems I found someone in that crowd who wasn't wearing an M50, but only that one guy. I couldn't identify the headphones. Here's a screen cap:
Screen Shot 2012-02-11 at 12.16.18 PM.png
they are fostex t50rp's

Actually it could be any one of the models, since there's no color and the picture is too small to see. it could be a T20RP, a T40RP, or a T50RP.

post #173 of 176

anyone here get to compare the latest m50 with the removeable cables against the LEs?

post #174 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post
 

anyone here get to compare the latest m50 with the removeable cables against the LEs?

They sound the same. The cable is literally the only difference.

post #175 of 176

Well the LE and the regular sound different to me. So the new ones sound like the LE or the old regular ones?

post #176 of 176

I'm itching to know this as well, i am interested in the new LEs, but i don't know if that price point is justifiable, since there are discounts and tons of cans drop their price around here. Maybe if i hit jackpot or something i'll get one just to add stuff into my collection

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50S LE impressions