Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50S LE impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50S LE impressions - Page 11

post #151 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman74 View Post


The D1100 sound NOTHING like the AHD1000/01  a major downgrade in sound.
As far the poster wanting to know if the Cal/Denon are an upgrade to the M50's. They aren't even in the same room. The Denons do everything MUCH better.  But you will have to find a 1000/01 used as they are about 2 series ago.  The Cal uses the same Fostex/Foster driver but DO sound different. They are very close  but the Denon's sound a tad better, maybe due to the cups/cable being different?
Now the D1100 will be a side grade to the M50, I think they are better myself, but the build leaves a little to worry about. The forks are very fragile.

Sorry for the confusion what I meant is the cal! And the d1001 sound simIilar. And I have heard the d1100 which is the newer d1001, and I never heard the d1001/cal!. Which I found out by you now don't sound anything alike.

And everything else you said about the d1100 and the m50 is the same as I how I feel being more of a side grade.

The d1100 bass is overly done and over power everything, to me they sound all over the place and slightly confusing sound.
post #152 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeffect View Post

Umm calm down, you have issues man. You are taking this too personal, it a forum where people tell their experience and this is my experience.

What? I wasn't taking anything personally... I have a tendency to be blunt when something is exceedingly terrible. 

 

I was stating my own experiences, I wasn't refuting yours... I was just saying, coming from consumer grade equipment, the M50 will absolutely blow anyone away and they'll fall in love with it. Happened to me, my friends, and several others. It's why the headphone gets so much hype. It's the perfect starter.

post #153 of 175

I don't find the clamp force even close to bad with the LE's. I can wear them for hours like my Turtle Beach X12's for XBOX but just a little heavier. 

 

Adding the the FiiO E07K to them really opened up the sound/clarity IMO. Not sure how many hours I have on them, maybe 50 tops

post #154 of 175
i see
Edited by soundeffect - 1/1/13 at 9:04pm
post #155 of 175

I think it's uncomfortable as hell.

post #156 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuggetsPie View Post

I think it's uncomfortable as hell.

Odd. 

 

Then again the heavy, super-clampy Pro/4AAA that uses hard vinyl earpads is comfortable for me, so maybe I'm just not very sensitive to discomfort.

post #157 of 175
Hey! I got the M50 LE And i feel like the Bass on the left is stronger than the right. Had my friends listen and got mixed resaults. Anything of the same happen to you guys.
post #158 of 175

Can someone who owns the LE version comment on their looks? Do they look tasteful and refined or would they be too over-the-top to be considered such? How do they compare in terms of looks to the standard version, and to other popular consumer headphones (Beats, Bose, etc.)? Which would be preferable for a high school/university setting? I have already been converted on the sonic qualities of the M50, and am currently deliberating only which of the two would be best, in terms of presentation, for my needs.

post #159 of 175

The LE don't look flashy like BBD, much flashy than the regular M50's but nothing over the top. Pictures from the internet aren't enough? lol

post #160 of 175

I find the Lt channel, in general, with all frequencies, slightly louder on the left with both versions of the M50. Saying that, I don't think the M50 is any worse than most other headphones I have used. In fact, the only headphone I own that is absolutely spot on for my ears,and systems, is the DT150. Actually, balance is an under-discussed subject and more debate generally about this would be welcome. The problem, of course, doesn't arise with speakers because you can shift your position, or turn your head slightly, as you do at a live performance-but that won't work with cans. 

post #161 of 175
Quote:
Hey! I got the M50 LE And i feel like the Bass on the left is stronger than the right.

 

Quote:
I find the Lt channel, in general, with all frequencies, slightly louder on the left with both versions of the M50.

That is something I noticed the first days of use. Now I dont feel it but I guess its because I got used to it.

post #162 of 175

I have the LEs and think that they look cool but not too flashy.  I think you'll turn more heads with these than the standard black wink_face.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivyfrost View Post

Can someone who owns the LE version comment on their looks? Do they look tasteful and refined or would they be too over-the-top to be considered such? How do they compare in terms of looks to the standard version, and to other popular consumer headphones (Beats, Bose, etc.)? Which would be preferable for a high school/university setting? I have already been converted on the sonic qualities of the M50, and am currently deliberating only which of the two would be best, in terms of presentation, for my needs.

post #163 of 175

Yeah IMO they look good but I think they are a little too big for school/university/street.

post #164 of 175

You know I sometimes wonder if this louder left channel thing is something to do with the longer signal path to the right cup. It seems it's usually the left that's louder with lots of headphones. Perhaps this is less of a problem with headphones with leads to both cups? I don't have enough headphones to test this out.

post #165 of 175
Quote:
You know I sometimes wonder if this louder left channel thing is something to do with the longer signal path to the right cup. It seems it's usually the left that's louder with lots of headphones. Perhaps this is less of a problem with headphones with leads to both cups? I don't have enough headphones to test this out.

 

Thats what I though too but Im not expert . Dont have anything else to test too.


Edited by Ferr - 2/15/13 at 6:02am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50S LE impressions