I just installed the Velour DT770 pads, haven't tried it yet, I wonder how the impact on the bass will be
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 6673/16/14 at 3:01amQuote:
It will lessen the bass bloat and improve the prominence of the sub-bass with an increase in the soundstage width.post #588 of 6673/16/14 at 10:59amQuote:
Less bass, piercing treble IME, but it all depends what type of sound signature is preferable to you.post #589 of 6673/16/14 at 11:02ampost #590 of 6673/28/14 at 4:30pmpost #591 of 6673/28/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
The Denon AH-D2000 has wider soundstage on account of its semi-opened back but the bass out of the Denons sound looser. Highs can also be a bit peaky.
The DT-770 LE is smoother but it is darker.post #592 of 6673/28/14 at 6:11pmQuote:
comfort with glasses?
sibilance?post #593 of 6673/28/14 at 6:37pm
I wear glasses but both of them don't provide any comfortable fit with glasses.
I find the DT770 LE to have a tad less mid-bass humming but in terms of sub-bass extension and quantity, the DT770 wins. Vocals and mids go to D2000.
Either one of them in their stock form aren't sibilant. But please take into account the varying degrees of tolerance for brightness. I have both the T1 and HD800 and I also use the AKG-K3003 as my main on-the-go IEM.post #594 of 6673/28/14 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Anyone looking for a good affordable amp/dac combo for these babies should check out the HRT Microstreamer. Tightens up the bass a good bit, does justice to the mids, and powers them well enough to get rid of the somewhat hollow sound they sometimes take on. Its such a good combo that I'm getting rid of my D2000s :-)
hey can you compare the d2000 to the dt770? i have an opportunity to buy a used one for a good price im thinking of jumping on it.post #595 of 6673/28/14 at 10:00pmI had both for a few months last summer. The DT770 is more neutral, whereas the D2000 is warm. Detail levels are similar, but the mids are very tonally flat on the Beyers which makes detail easier to discern. The D2000 mids are fuller and more immediate, but less analytical and warmer in tone. Bass depth is similar, butove quantity is more on the D2000, and the extra emphasis Treble also extends further on the DT770, but the D2000 has a peak in the lower treble, which some people find exciting for electronica, whereas emphasis on the DT770 comes in higher, giving it a more stereotypically "HiFi" sound. Soundstage width is better on the DT770, and depth is about equal, although the extra bass oomph makes the D2000 sound a bit more dynamic.
Overall I think the DT770 is more neutral, and the D2000 is more colored. All about preference.post #596 of 6673/28/14 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
I had both for a few months last summer. The DT770 is more neutral, whereas the D2000 is warm. Detail levels are similar, but the mids are very tonally flat on the Beyers which makes detail easier to discern. The D2000 mids are fuller and more immediate, but less analytical and warmer in tone. Bass depth is similar, butove quantity is more on the D2000, and the extra emphasis Treble also extends further on the DT770, but the D2000 has a peak in the lower treble, which some people find exciting for electronica, whereas emphasis on the DT770 comes in higher, giving it a more stereotypically "HiFi" sound. Soundstage width is better on the DT770, and depth is about equal, although the extra bass oomph makes the D2000 sound a bit more dynamic.
Overall I think the DT770 is more neutral, and the D2000 is more colored. All about preference.
Great post man. Can you comment on the difference in sibilance and comfort?post #597 of 6673/30/14 at 9:09amBoth can be mildly sibilant; I heard more on the D2000 despite the DT770 being brighter overall. Comfort-wise they are both very comfortable; clamping force is higher on the DT770 but the Denons are much heavier. The Denon's pads are softer/squishier, with nicer leather, but the Beyers give more space for your ears, and will cup all but the biggest ears comfortably, whereas I needed to stuff the Denon pads to put space between the drivers and my ears.post #598 of 6674/7/14 at 12:03ampost #599 of 6674/7/14 at 8:02am
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 12 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 13 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 31 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 49 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 4 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 4 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...