I just installed the Velour DT770 pads, haven't tried it yet, I wonder how the impact on the bass will be
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 1/31/17 at 2:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to checking out an exciting new entry to FiiO's expanding earphone lineup, the F1. FiiO really needs no introduction given that their audio equipment has grown...
iFi Audio Micro iDSD Black Label Intro I have received Black Label from iFi company as part of the review tour, in exchange for my honest opinion You can find specification...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 6723/16/14 at 3:01amQuote:
It will lessen the bass bloat and improve the prominence of the sub-bass with an increase in the soundstage width.post #588 of 6723/16/14 at 10:59amQuote:
Less bass, piercing treble IME, but it all depends what type of sound signature is preferable to you.post #589 of 6723/16/14 at 11:02ampost #590 of 6723/28/14 at 4:30pmpost #591 of 6723/28/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
The Denon AH-D2000 has wider soundstage on account of its semi-opened back but the bass out of the Denons sound looser. Highs can also be a bit peaky.
The DT-770 LE is smoother but it is darker.post #592 of 6723/28/14 at 6:11pmQuote:
comfort with glasses?
sibilance?post #593 of 6723/28/14 at 6:37pm
I wear glasses but both of them don't provide any comfortable fit with glasses.
I find the DT770 LE to have a tad less mid-bass humming but in terms of sub-bass extension and quantity, the DT770 wins. Vocals and mids go to D2000.
Either one of them in their stock form aren't sibilant. But please take into account the varying degrees of tolerance for brightness. I have both the T1 and HD800 and I also use the AKG-K3003 as my main on-the-go IEM.post #594 of 6723/28/14 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Anyone looking for a good affordable amp/dac combo for these babies should check out the HRT Microstreamer. Tightens up the bass a good bit, does justice to the mids, and powers them well enough to get rid of the somewhat hollow sound they sometimes take on. Its such a good combo that I'm getting rid of my D2000s :-)
hey can you compare the d2000 to the dt770? i have an opportunity to buy a used one for a good price im thinking of jumping on it.post #595 of 6723/28/14 at 10:00pmI had both for a few months last summer. The DT770 is more neutral, whereas the D2000 is warm. Detail levels are similar, but the mids are very tonally flat on the Beyers which makes detail easier to discern. The D2000 mids are fuller and more immediate, but less analytical and warmer in tone. Bass depth is similar, butove quantity is more on the D2000, and the extra emphasis Treble also extends further on the DT770, but the D2000 has a peak in the lower treble, which some people find exciting for electronica, whereas emphasis on the DT770 comes in higher, giving it a more stereotypically "HiFi" sound. Soundstage width is better on the DT770, and depth is about equal, although the extra bass oomph makes the D2000 sound a bit more dynamic.
Overall I think the DT770 is more neutral, and the D2000 is more colored. All about preference.post #596 of 6723/28/14 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
I had both for a few months last summer. The DT770 is more neutral, whereas the D2000 is warm. Detail levels are similar, but the mids are very tonally flat on the Beyers which makes detail easier to discern. The D2000 mids are fuller and more immediate, but less analytical and warmer in tone. Bass depth is similar, butove quantity is more on the D2000, and the extra emphasis Treble also extends further on the DT770, but the D2000 has a peak in the lower treble, which some people find exciting for electronica, whereas emphasis on the DT770 comes in higher, giving it a more stereotypically "HiFi" sound. Soundstage width is better on the DT770, and depth is about equal, although the extra bass oomph makes the D2000 sound a bit more dynamic.
Overall I think the DT770 is more neutral, and the D2000 is more colored. All about preference.
Great post man. Can you comment on the difference in sibilance and comfort?post #597 of 6723/30/14 at 9:09amBoth can be mildly sibilant; I heard more on the D2000 despite the DT770 being brighter overall. Comfort-wise they are both very comfortable; clamping force is higher on the DT770 but the Denons are much heavier. The Denon's pads are softer/squishier, with nicer leather, but the Beyers give more space for your ears, and will cup all but the biggest ears comfortably, whereas I needed to stuff the Denon pads to put space between the drivers and my ears.post #598 of 6724/7/14 at 12:03ampost #599 of 6724/7/14 at 8:02am
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm 26 seconds ago
- › All Zone (1/2) Stereo vs All Channel Stereo Mode 37 seconds ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 41 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by PinkyPowers
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear