I just installed the Velour DT770 pads, haven't tried it yet, I wonder how the impact on the bass will be
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 1/28/14 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 6163/16/14 at 3:01amQuote:
It will lessen the bass bloat and improve the prominence of the sub-bass with an increase in the soundstage width.post #588 of 6163/16/14 at 10:59amQuote:
Less bass, piercing treble IME, but it all depends what type of sound signature is preferable to you.post #589 of 6163/16/14 at 11:02ampost #590 of 6163/28/14 at 4:30pmpost #591 of 6163/28/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
The Denon AH-D2000 has wider soundstage on account of its semi-opened back but the bass out of the Denons sound looser. Highs can also be a bit peaky.
The DT-770 LE is smoother but it is darker.post #592 of 6163/28/14 at 6:11pmQuote:
comfort with glasses?
sibilance?post #593 of 6163/28/14 at 6:37pm
I wear glasses but both of them don't provide any comfortable fit with glasses.
I find the DT770 LE to have a tad less mid-bass humming but in terms of sub-bass extension and quantity, the DT770 wins. Vocals and mids go to D2000.
Either one of them in their stock form aren't sibilant. But please take into account the varying degrees of tolerance for brightness. I have both the T1 and HD800 and I also use the AKG-K3003 as my main on-the-go IEM.post #594 of 6163/28/14 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Anyone looking for a good affordable amp/dac combo for these babies should check out the HRT Microstreamer. Tightens up the bass a good bit, does justice to the mids, and powers them well enough to get rid of the somewhat hollow sound they sometimes take on. Its such a good combo that I'm getting rid of my D2000s :-)
hey can you compare the d2000 to the dt770? i have an opportunity to buy a used one for a good price im thinking of jumping on it.post #595 of 6163/28/14 at 10:00pmI had both for a few months last summer. The DT770 is more neutral, whereas the D2000 is warm. Detail levels are similar, but the mids are very tonally flat on the Beyers which makes detail easier to discern. The D2000 mids are fuller and more immediate, but less analytical and warmer in tone. Bass depth is similar, butove quantity is more on the D2000, and the extra emphasis Treble also extends further on the DT770, but the D2000 has a peak in the lower treble, which some people find exciting for electronica, whereas emphasis on the DT770 comes in higher, giving it a more stereotypically "HiFi" sound. Soundstage width is better on the DT770, and depth is about equal, although the extra bass oomph makes the D2000 sound a bit more dynamic.
Overall I think the DT770 is more neutral, and the D2000 is more colored. All about preference.post #596 of 6163/28/14 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
I had both for a few months last summer. The DT770 is more neutral, whereas the D2000 is warm. Detail levels are similar, but the mids are very tonally flat on the Beyers which makes detail easier to discern. The D2000 mids are fuller and more immediate, but less analytical and warmer in tone. Bass depth is similar, butove quantity is more on the D2000, and the extra emphasis Treble also extends further on the DT770, but the D2000 has a peak in the lower treble, which some people find exciting for electronica, whereas emphasis on the DT770 comes in higher, giving it a more stereotypically "HiFi" sound. Soundstage width is better on the DT770, and depth is about equal, although the extra bass oomph makes the D2000 sound a bit more dynamic.
Overall I think the DT770 is more neutral, and the D2000 is more colored. All about preference.
Great post man. Can you comment on the difference in sibilance and comfort?post #597 of 6163/30/14 at 9:09amBoth can be mildly sibilant; I heard more on the D2000 despite the DT770 being brighter overall. Comfort-wise they are both very comfortable; clamping force is higher on the DT770 but the Denons are much heavier. The Denon's pads are softer/squishier, with nicer leather, but the Beyers give more space for your ears, and will cup all but the biggest ears comfortably, whereas I needed to stuff the Denon pads to put space between the drivers and my ears.post #598 of 6164/7/14 at 12:03ampost #599 of 6164/7/14 at 8:02am
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone knows what headphone this is... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 - Aus Only 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)