I just installed the Velour DT770 pads, haven't tried it yet, I wonder how the impact on the bass will be
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 1/28/14 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 5993/16/14 at 3:01amQuote:
It will lessen the bass bloat and improve the prominence of the sub-bass with an increase in the soundstage width.post #588 of 5993/16/14 at 10:59amQuote:
Less bass, piercing treble IME, but it all depends what type of sound signature is preferable to you.post #589 of 5993/16/14 at 11:02ampost #590 of 5993/28/14 at 4:30pmpost #591 of 5993/28/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
The Denon AH-D2000 has wider soundstage on account of its semi-opened back but the bass out of the Denons sound looser. Highs can also be a bit peaky.
The DT-770 LE is smoother but it is darker.post #592 of 5993/28/14 at 6:11pmQuote:
comfort with glasses?
sibilance?post #593 of 5993/28/14 at 6:37pm
I wear glasses but both of them don't provide any comfortable fit with glasses.
I find the DT770 LE to have a tad less mid-bass humming but in terms of sub-bass extension and quantity, the DT770 wins. Vocals and mids go to D2000.
Either one of them in their stock form aren't sibilant. But please take into account the varying degrees of tolerance for brightness. I have both the T1 and HD800 and I also use the AKG-K3003 as my main on-the-go IEM.post #594 of 5993/28/14 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Anyone looking for a good affordable amp/dac combo for these babies should check out the HRT Microstreamer. Tightens up the bass a good bit, does justice to the mids, and powers them well enough to get rid of the somewhat hollow sound they sometimes take on. Its such a good combo that I'm getting rid of my D2000s :-)
hey can you compare the d2000 to the dt770? i have an opportunity to buy a used one for a good price im thinking of jumping on it.post #595 of 5993/28/14 at 10:00pmI had both for a few months last summer. The DT770 is more neutral, whereas the D2000 is warm. Detail levels are similar, but the mids are very tonally flat on the Beyers which makes detail easier to discern. The D2000 mids are fuller and more immediate, but less analytical and warmer in tone. Bass depth is similar, butove quantity is more on the D2000, and the extra emphasis Treble also extends further on the DT770, but the D2000 has a peak in the lower treble, which some people find exciting for electronica, whereas emphasis on the DT770 comes in higher, giving it a more stereotypically "HiFi" sound. Soundstage width is better on the DT770, and depth is about equal, although the extra bass oomph makes the D2000 sound a bit more dynamic.
Overall I think the DT770 is more neutral, and the D2000 is more colored. All about preference.post #596 of 5993/28/14 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
I had both for a few months last summer. The DT770 is more neutral, whereas the D2000 is warm. Detail levels are similar, but the mids are very tonally flat on the Beyers which makes detail easier to discern. The D2000 mids are fuller and more immediate, but less analytical and warmer in tone. Bass depth is similar, butove quantity is more on the D2000, and the extra emphasis Treble also extends further on the DT770, but the D2000 has a peak in the lower treble, which some people find exciting for electronica, whereas emphasis on the DT770 comes in higher, giving it a more stereotypically "HiFi" sound. Soundstage width is better on the DT770, and depth is about equal, although the extra bass oomph makes the D2000 sound a bit more dynamic.
Overall I think the DT770 is more neutral, and the D2000 is more colored. All about preference.
Great post man. Can you comment on the difference in sibilance and comfort?post #597 of 5993/30/14 at 9:09amBoth can be mildly sibilant; I heard more on the D2000 despite the DT770 being brighter overall. Comfort-wise they are both very comfortable; clamping force is higher on the DT770 but the Denons are much heavier. The Denon's pads are softer/squishier, with nicer leather, but the Beyers give more space for your ears, and will cup all but the biggest ears comfortably, whereas I needed to stuff the Denon pads to put space between the drivers and my ears.post #598 of 5994/7/14 at 12:03ampost #599 of 5994/7/14 at 8:02am
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › [TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread -... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › Quebec City meet ? 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 7 minutes ago
- › VMODA M100 in White - Melbourne 8 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 8 minutes ago
- › Good headphone amp + USB DAC + 2.0/2.1 amp under $500? NAD D3020,... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob