I just installed the Velour DT770 pads, haven't tried it yet, I wonder how the impact on the bass will be
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 6643/16/14 at 3:01amQuote:
It will lessen the bass bloat and improve the prominence of the sub-bass with an increase in the soundstage width.post #588 of 6643/16/14 at 10:59amQuote:
Less bass, piercing treble IME, but it all depends what type of sound signature is preferable to you.post #589 of 6643/16/14 at 11:02ampost #590 of 6643/28/14 at 4:30pmpost #591 of 6643/28/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
The Denon AH-D2000 has wider soundstage on account of its semi-opened back but the bass out of the Denons sound looser. Highs can also be a bit peaky.
The DT-770 LE is smoother but it is darker.post #592 of 6643/28/14 at 6:11pmQuote:
comfort with glasses?
sibilance?post #593 of 6643/28/14 at 6:37pm
I wear glasses but both of them don't provide any comfortable fit with glasses.
I find the DT770 LE to have a tad less mid-bass humming but in terms of sub-bass extension and quantity, the DT770 wins. Vocals and mids go to D2000.
Either one of them in their stock form aren't sibilant. But please take into account the varying degrees of tolerance for brightness. I have both the T1 and HD800 and I also use the AKG-K3003 as my main on-the-go IEM.post #594 of 6643/28/14 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Anyone looking for a good affordable amp/dac combo for these babies should check out the HRT Microstreamer. Tightens up the bass a good bit, does justice to the mids, and powers them well enough to get rid of the somewhat hollow sound they sometimes take on. Its such a good combo that I'm getting rid of my D2000s :-)
hey can you compare the d2000 to the dt770? i have an opportunity to buy a used one for a good price im thinking of jumping on it.post #595 of 6643/28/14 at 10:00pmI had both for a few months last summer. The DT770 is more neutral, whereas the D2000 is warm. Detail levels are similar, but the mids are very tonally flat on the Beyers which makes detail easier to discern. The D2000 mids are fuller and more immediate, but less analytical and warmer in tone. Bass depth is similar, butove quantity is more on the D2000, and the extra emphasis Treble also extends further on the DT770, but the D2000 has a peak in the lower treble, which some people find exciting for electronica, whereas emphasis on the DT770 comes in higher, giving it a more stereotypically "HiFi" sound. Soundstage width is better on the DT770, and depth is about equal, although the extra bass oomph makes the D2000 sound a bit more dynamic.
Overall I think the DT770 is more neutral, and the D2000 is more colored. All about preference.post #596 of 6643/28/14 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
I had both for a few months last summer. The DT770 is more neutral, whereas the D2000 is warm. Detail levels are similar, but the mids are very tonally flat on the Beyers which makes detail easier to discern. The D2000 mids are fuller and more immediate, but less analytical and warmer in tone. Bass depth is similar, butove quantity is more on the D2000, and the extra emphasis Treble also extends further on the DT770, but the D2000 has a peak in the lower treble, which some people find exciting for electronica, whereas emphasis on the DT770 comes in higher, giving it a more stereotypically "HiFi" sound. Soundstage width is better on the DT770, and depth is about equal, although the extra bass oomph makes the D2000 sound a bit more dynamic.
Overall I think the DT770 is more neutral, and the D2000 is more colored. All about preference.
Great post man. Can you comment on the difference in sibilance and comfort?post #597 of 6643/30/14 at 9:09amBoth can be mildly sibilant; I heard more on the D2000 despite the DT770 being brighter overall. Comfort-wise they are both very comfortable; clamping force is higher on the DT770 but the Denons are much heavier. The Denon's pads are softer/squishier, with nicer leather, but the Beyers give more space for your ears, and will cup all but the biggest ears comfortably, whereas I needed to stuff the Denon pads to put space between the drivers and my ears.post #598 of 6644/7/14 at 12:03ampost #599 of 6644/7/14 at 8:02am
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... just now
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 48 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 4 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse