or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 39

post #571 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbi View Post
 


Oh no no, my 32ohms are not LEs.

Beyer decided that the praise of the original LEs made it worth launching a regular 32ohm version called "The Studio Legend".

As of now it appears that LE and Studio Legends have two different parts (the pads, and a plastic thing inside the cups which the LEs are missing - see previous posts)

Sound signature appears to be between LEs and SLs according to Golden Ears.

I'll see if I can get the leather T5p pads. Is the fit same? same diameter, etc?

Cheers,



Yes, the same dimensions.  Although it doesn't provide the same level of seal.

post #572 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 



Yes, the same dimensions.  Although it doesn't provide the same level of seal.


I see. I imagine then they would be in between the pleather and the velour pads.

Sounds like a sweet spot.

Thanks for the detail. I'll have a look!

Cheers,

post #573 of 668
The FA-003/jaycar pleather pads sound better and are more comfortable than stock pleather IMO.
post #574 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedee View Post

The FA-003/jaycar pleather pads sound better and are more comfortable than stock pleather IMO.



Is sewing skill a requirement to attach the Fischer pads onto the 770's cups?

post #575 of 668

How does the perforated pleather sound like...compared with teh velkours or the unperforated pleather?

post #576 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 



Is sewing skill a requirement to attach the Fischer pads onto the 770's cups?

No sewing required.  They go on just as easy or easier than the beyers.  Not difficult to get them on.  I have the Jaycar (digitech) verison of the FA-003.  Just assuming that the pleather pads are the same.  The pads are much softer than stock beyer pleathers.  

post #577 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedee View Post
 

No sewing required.  They go on just as easy or easier than the beyers.  Not difficult to get them on.  I have the Jaycar (digitech) verison of the FA-003.  Just assuming that the pleather pads are the same.  The pads are much softer than stock beyer pleathers.  


Thanks.  Care to provide the URL from which you bought your pads?

post #578 of 668

I own Jaycar version of the Fisher fa-003, so I used those pads.  I can't find any Jaycar replacements, but I did find these on amazon:

 

http://www.amazon.com/NVX-XRE100S-Replacement-ComfortMax-Headphones/dp/B00EFD7TQQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1394930290&sr=1-3&keywords=nvx+xpt100

 

Same pads from another FA-003 clone.  

post #579 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedee View Post
 

I own Jaycar version of the Fisher fa-003, so I used those pads.  I can't find any Jaycar replacements, but I did find these on amazon:

 

http://www.amazon.com/NVX-XRE100S-Replacement-ComfortMax-Headphones/dp/B00EFD7TQQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1394930290&sr=1-3&keywords=nvx+xpt100

 

Same pads from another FA-003 clone.  



Thanks!  And these pads fit the cups of the DT770 LE?


Edited by sp3llv3xit - 3/15/14 at 5:49pm
post #580 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post

Hi all,

I sold my old DT770 Pro 80 and bought the 32 ohms Limited Edition.  I found this to be smoother but the bass reverberations left me wanting to mod it.  So here's what I did so far:

- Replaced the stock pads with the pads from T5p.

   I did this to lessen the reverb or shorten the bass decay and add a bit more air to the treble.  And it did effect in those two desired qualities.



- Punched three holes in the middle of the foams that cover the drivers.

   I did this to bring forward the slight-recessed mids of the 770 LE.


The stock pads of the Limited Edition 770:





The new pad:






The mod on the driver covers:






I tried the velours from my T1 but the bass dissipated down to an unsatisfactory level.

smily_headphones1.gif  

Did you try the 32 ohm with velour pads?
post #581 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post


Did you try the 32 ohm with velour pads?



Yes, I tried it with the T1 pads.  Velour.

Bass dissipated too much.

post #582 of 668
Try the stock dt770 velour pads on the 32 ohm version.. It shounds awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post


Yes, I tried it with the T1 pads.  Velour.


Bass dissipated too much.
post #583 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post

Try the stock dt770 velour pads on the 32 ohm version.. It shounds awesome.



Sadly, I no longer have those.   But I like the seal of pleathers.  So I think I'll stick to the pleather or leather pads for now.

 

It kinda provided a different flavor for my musical enjoyment.  I have the HD800 and T1 and both of them are opened-backs.  Even my DT-1350 is opened.  

post #584 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 



Thanks!  And these pads fit the cups of the DT770 LE?

 

Sure do.  Softer and more comfortable as well.

post #585 of 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedee View Post
 

 

Sure do.  Softer and more comfortable as well.



Great. Thanks for the tip.  I'll give them a try.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms