- 2,711 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: West Coast
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 1/28/14 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 38post #556 of 5632/19/14 at 4:18pmYeah I prefer the velours by quite a bit. I wouldn't say they make the mods more forward, but they do make them less recessed somehow; maybe its just the decrease in bass bloat that makes them feel less overshadowed.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 5632/19/14 at 4:29pmpost #558 of 5632/28/14 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by canuckavelli
ok so just installed velour pads.
- WAY more comfortable, esp with glasses.
- I thought the bass would decrease. not really, its less boomy but has more impact. i prefer it this way.
- treble a tad brighter.
- improved/bigger soundstage
- isolation has decreased quite a bit
- leakage has increased a LOT
just initial impressions but im satisfied so far. wow.
I had tried the 250 ohm dt 770 and loved the sound but had to return it due to the insane amount of leakage. I planned on using them in the library and they just wouldn't do. I'm hoping the dt 770 with the leather pads will fix that issue, and maybe I can grab velours for home use.post #559 of 5633/1/14 at 7:29am
Yup, just got them in the mail - the 32 ohm versions prevent leakage so much better than the 250 ohm version. I don't know if this is because of the leather pads or a slightly increased clamping force or what, but I am definitely a happy camper.post #560 of 5633/1/14 at 8:04ampost #561 of 5633/3/14 at 7:06am
I believe it's the pleather pads. This is because I just got my 32ohms (non limited) the day before yesterday.
They have roughly 12hrs of run time so far and...
The pleather makes the bass boomy. The overall sound seems to be governed by the lower spectrum but leakage is little and isolation is very good (not Shure IEM good, but good enough)
The velour pads reduce the boomy-ness, but also increase the treble to the point I need to EQ down because I find it painful. (things like cymbals and very thin sounds are a bit too piercing to my ears)
I am hoping the treble, of the headphones and not my ears, will settle in time.
I love the bass response with the velour pads but the treble is way too high.
I bought this for video/sound editing and metal/electronica listening.
I would choose velour when monitoring and editing but pleather for portable and easier listening.post #562 of 5633/3/14 at 8:32ampost #563 of 5633/6/14 at 7:50pmQuote:
This thread has been GREAT. I listen to mostly rock and metal with some softer stuff mixed in. I have a FiiO E7. The 250 ohm version is about $20 cheaper right now than the 32 ohm version. I will be listening through the E7 on my laptop most of the time with some iPod listening here and there. Which version of the 770s would you recommend? Does it really matter? I was leaning towards the 32 b/c they (might?) have better rock vocals but I keep second guessing. I'm fairly certain I'll enjoy either one but I want to make sure :) I've heard the gray pads are more comfortable and the pleather ones get hot after an hour or so. If that's the case then maybe since I already have an amp I just need an iPod connector and I could get the 80 or 250.
Edited by PortlandMayFire - Today at 10:00 pm
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 seconds ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 9 seconds ago
- › Head Amp Pico Slim (silver) 21 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude