Can't remember if posted before, but please consider that LE and "Studio Legends" (the newer 770 32Ohms) probably differ not only in price and name, but also in sound. Comparing the frequency responses (e.g. goldenears.net) might suggest that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 37
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 6682/13/14 at 4:46am
Loving mine more and more every day! Just added Amarra to the chain and what a difference! I'm definitely starting to understand the whole audiophile search for the holy grail of sound. Even with my very modest setup, every little addition and improvement in sound is bringing me a whole lot of joy
I hadn't been to goldenears.net before but what a great resource! thanks for that. The two models of dt770 pro 32ohms definitely have different frequency response graphs. I wonder what exactly is causing that though? We've already established that one of them has a plastic ring behind the driver and one doesn't but that should only really have an effect of the bass (the ring seems to make it slightly boomier).
It would be interesting to do an A/B comparison of the two.
Quote:post #543 of 6682/13/14 at 5:03am
Some months ago, a user on the german board "hifi-forum" kinda confirmed that difference in sound. He compared both and wrote, when I remember correctly, that the pleather pads are different.
yep love mine, too. :)post #544 of 6682/14/14 at 5:58amQuote:
Sorry I meant to ask between the eph-100 and se215. What are the main differences, especially in sound and durability. I'm trying to find a bassy IEM for my portable setup that will last a good 3-4 years.post #545 of 6682/14/14 at 8:18am
SE215 will probably last longer, with the detachable cable. EPH is built out of metal and seems really sturdy in general, it also sounds better overall and is also closer to DT770 sound, albeit warmer and with more midrange emphasis, but the cable isn't replaceable which is why I sold mine. SE215 has nice bass, forward mids, but recessed treble; if they could fix the treble it'd be my only earphone!
Quote:post #546 of 6682/16/14 at 7:15am
Okay, so I've been using these with the velour pads for the past couple of days and they definitely sound different, but it's a very subtle difference to my ears. What I do (think) I hear, is that, as already mentioned by others, they get slightly brighter and perhaps a little more airy, but not so much as to be a major difference (to me that is).
The velour pads are more comfortable for sure, but the pleather is not uncomfortable at all - the velour just give them that extra bit of comfort.
As I mentioned earlier, they definitely leak more sound with velour pads; it's not a very large amount unless you like the volume somewhat high. For usage around the house, I would probably go with velour while sticking to pleather when portable.post #547 of 6682/16/14 at 1:40pmpost #548 of 6682/16/14 at 4:37pmpost #549 of 6682/19/14 at 5:19am
Does anyone here have experience with using these with a cheap portable amplifier like the FiiO E6? I'm considering grabbing this as an inexpensive and tiny amp to go with my Nexus 5.post #550 of 6682/19/14 at 7:23am
I find that they sound fine out of the Nexus 5. If you're going to spend money on an amp, don't waste it on a cheapo; personally I wouldn't bother with anything less than a FiiO E12, or, if you've got a bit of extra cash, something like the JDS Labs C5.
I had an E5 and it did nothing for any of my cans or IEMs except add noise to the signal; it was a piece of garbage and stopped working after just a few weeks. I'd be willing to bet that the E6 is just the E5 in a new casing.
Quote:post #551 of 6682/19/14 at 7:57ampost #552 of 6682/19/14 at 9:17am
I'm running mine through an E17 and it definitely improves the sound. It's not a massive improvement though so I'm already considering my next amp purchase. for a portable solution though, it works very well.post #553 of 6682/19/14 at 10:06am
I've been toying around with some Fatmat lately (thanks beedee! ) and I'm really enjoying my latest iteration of this mod.
At first I tried lining the entire cup with fatmat, and that eliminated the boominess altogether; unfortunately it also sacrificed some of the punch, as well as the LE's awesome soundstage.
What I've got right now is a ring of the fatmat around the inside bottom of the cup, leaving the sides and center exposed. This has tightened up the bass nicely, but retains the soundstage and punch of the stock configuration. If you've ever wanted to tighten up the LEs bass a bit, this is a really nice mod; I'll post pictures soon.post #554 of 6682/19/14 at 1:54pmpost #555 of 6682/19/14 at 4:13pm
ok so just installed velour pads.
- WAY more comfortable, esp with glasses.
- I thought the bass would decrease. not really, its less boomy but has more impact. i prefer it this way.
- treble a tad brighter.
- improved/bigger soundstage
- isolation has decreased quite a bit
- leakage has increased a LOT
just initial impressions but im satisfied so far. wow.
Edited by thug behram - 2/19/14 at 4:30pm
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rha T20i or ....? 3 seconds ago
- › fS: Focusrite Rednet 3 Pro Audio Digital Transport Dante Gigabit... 22 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 58 seconds ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Mr. Speakers Ether with dum cable REDUCED 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › ON HOLD: Questyle QP1R gold 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...