Can't remember if posted before, but please consider that LE and "Studio Legends" (the newer 770 32Ohms) probably differ not only in price and name, but also in sound. Comparing the frequency responses (e.g. goldenears.net) might suggest that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 37
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 6192/13/14 at 4:46am
Loving mine more and more every day! Just added Amarra to the chain and what a difference! I'm definitely starting to understand the whole audiophile search for the holy grail of sound. Even with my very modest setup, every little addition and improvement in sound is bringing me a whole lot of joy
I hadn't been to goldenears.net before but what a great resource! thanks for that. The two models of dt770 pro 32ohms definitely have different frequency response graphs. I wonder what exactly is causing that though? We've already established that one of them has a plastic ring behind the driver and one doesn't but that should only really have an effect of the bass (the ring seems to make it slightly boomier).
It would be interesting to do an A/B comparison of the two.
Quote:post #543 of 6192/13/14 at 5:03am
Some months ago, a user on the german board "hifi-forum" kinda confirmed that difference in sound. He compared both and wrote, when I remember correctly, that the pleather pads are different.
yep love mine, too. :)post #544 of 6192/14/14 at 5:58amQuote:
Sorry I meant to ask between the eph-100 and se215. What are the main differences, especially in sound and durability. I'm trying to find a bassy IEM for my portable setup that will last a good 3-4 years.post #545 of 6192/14/14 at 8:18am
SE215 will probably last longer, with the detachable cable. EPH is built out of metal and seems really sturdy in general, it also sounds better overall and is also closer to DT770 sound, albeit warmer and with more midrange emphasis, but the cable isn't replaceable which is why I sold mine. SE215 has nice bass, forward mids, but recessed treble; if they could fix the treble it'd be my only earphone!
Quote:post #546 of 6192/16/14 at 7:15am
Okay, so I've been using these with the velour pads for the past couple of days and they definitely sound different, but it's a very subtle difference to my ears. What I do (think) I hear, is that, as already mentioned by others, they get slightly brighter and perhaps a little more airy, but not so much as to be a major difference (to me that is).
The velour pads are more comfortable for sure, but the pleather is not uncomfortable at all - the velour just give them that extra bit of comfort.
As I mentioned earlier, they definitely leak more sound with velour pads; it's not a very large amount unless you like the volume somewhat high. For usage around the house, I would probably go with velour while sticking to pleather when portable.post #547 of 6192/16/14 at 1:40pmpost #548 of 6192/16/14 at 4:37pmpost #549 of 6192/19/14 at 5:19am
Does anyone here have experience with using these with a cheap portable amplifier like the FiiO E6? I'm considering grabbing this as an inexpensive and tiny amp to go with my Nexus 5.post #550 of 6192/19/14 at 7:23am
I find that they sound fine out of the Nexus 5. If you're going to spend money on an amp, don't waste it on a cheapo; personally I wouldn't bother with anything less than a FiiO E12, or, if you've got a bit of extra cash, something like the JDS Labs C5.
I had an E5 and it did nothing for any of my cans or IEMs except add noise to the signal; it was a piece of garbage and stopped working after just a few weeks. I'd be willing to bet that the E6 is just the E5 in a new casing.
Quote:post #551 of 6192/19/14 at 7:57ampost #552 of 6192/19/14 at 9:17am
I'm running mine through an E17 and it definitely improves the sound. It's not a massive improvement though so I'm already considering my next amp purchase. for a portable solution though, it works very well.post #553 of 6192/19/14 at 10:06am
I've been toying around with some Fatmat lately (thanks beedee! ) and I'm really enjoying my latest iteration of this mod.
At first I tried lining the entire cup with fatmat, and that eliminated the boominess altogether; unfortunately it also sacrificed some of the punch, as well as the LE's awesome soundstage.
What I've got right now is a ring of the fatmat around the inside bottom of the cup, leaving the sides and center exposed. This has tightened up the bass nicely, but retains the soundstage and punch of the stock configuration. If you've ever wanted to tighten up the LEs bass a bit, this is a really nice mod; I'll post pictures soon.post #554 of 6192/19/14 at 1:54pmpost #555 of 6192/19/14 at 4:13pm
ok so just installed velour pads.
- WAY more comfortable, esp with glasses.
- I thought the bass would decrease. not really, its less boomy but has more impact. i prefer it this way.
- treble a tad brighter.
- improved/bigger soundstage
- isolation has decreased quite a bit
- leakage has increased a LOT
just initial impressions but im satisfied so far. wow.
Edited by thug behram - 2/19/14 at 4:30pm
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy CryoSilver Dual Conduit USB cable, 1m 35 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impresive Earbuds Brand 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD668B are they really that good or just a cheap copycat??? 3 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2