- 399 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Melbourne
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 26post #376 of 6677/20/13 at 3:19pm@quote.. Haven't heard it with the O2/ODAC combo, but a brief listen to the FIIO E12 certainly added better PRAT and tightened the bass, soundstage also widened a bit too. This was compared to the IPad headphone output.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 6677/20/13 at 4:06pmpost #378 of 6677/20/13 at 5:17pm
DT250 are popular in recording studios, you may see famous musicians wearing them during sessions.
I had DT150 that are said to have the same drivers but deeper cups. They are not balanced and sound worse than DT770. For me the most noticeable about DT150 was not enough highs, less than DT770 80 ohm which also lack in this area, and less subbass than DT770 32/80/250 ohm. Center is not as recessed as in DT770, middle bass seems to dominate overall sound, soundstage is smaller than DT770. If listed from brightest and airiest to darkest and most closed-sounding it would be
1. DT770 250 ohm
2. DT770 32 ohm
3. DT770 80 ohm
4. DT150 250 ohm
DT150 I only had in 250 ohm option. I had them at the same time with DT770 80 ohm and 250 ohm.post #379 of 6677/20/13 at 5:29pmQuote:
Though many people complain about harshness of Beyerdynamic DT770/DT880/DT990 highs. For those I would recommend 32 ohm version of DT770 as nr 1. For me the problem dos not exist and 32 ohm version sounds to me castrated (ouch!) in high frequencies at times but this is comparable to what Sennheiser/Audiotechnika/AKG offer but not Grado.post #380 of 6677/20/13 at 5:43pm
DT770 are headphones which let you hear the bass line of So What by Miles Davis better than any other closed headphones, they are good for rock, any instrumental music. They probably suck with electronic music.post #381 of 6677/20/13 at 7:51pmpost #382 of 6677/22/13 at 12:31amQuote:
Do it! I have the O2/ODAC combo at my desk at home and it is a very nice match with the DT770LE!post #383 of 6677/22/13 at 9:30am
Nooooohooooooo the LEs rock pretty hard with Infected Mushroom and 4-on-the-floor music, they really let you feel the bass when they are well-amped, which doesn't take a huge amount; my Microstreamer does the job admirably.post #384 of 6677/23/13 at 1:14ampost #385 of 6677/23/13 at 1:34ampost #386 of 6677/23/13 at 1:40ampost #387 of 6677/23/13 at 2:14ampost #388 of 6677/23/13 at 7:31ampost #389 of 6677/25/13 at 11:12pm
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze SINE Series 20 seconds ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 1 minute ago
- › Has anyone tested the Beoplay h5 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › AURALIC VEGA DAC balanced XLR, Pre-Amp (Paypal and shipping to... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...