- 413 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Melbourne
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 1/31/17 at 2:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 26post #376 of 6727/20/13 at 3:19pm@quote.. Haven't heard it with the O2/ODAC combo, but a brief listen to the FIIO E12 certainly added better PRAT and tightened the bass, soundstage also widened a bit too. This was compared to the IPad headphone output.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 6727/20/13 at 4:06pmpost #378 of 6727/20/13 at 5:17pm
DT250 are popular in recording studios, you may see famous musicians wearing them during sessions.
I had DT150 that are said to have the same drivers but deeper cups. They are not balanced and sound worse than DT770. For me the most noticeable about DT150 was not enough highs, less than DT770 80 ohm which also lack in this area, and less subbass than DT770 32/80/250 ohm. Center is not as recessed as in DT770, middle bass seems to dominate overall sound, soundstage is smaller than DT770. If listed from brightest and airiest to darkest and most closed-sounding it would be
1. DT770 250 ohm
2. DT770 32 ohm
3. DT770 80 ohm
4. DT150 250 ohm
DT150 I only had in 250 ohm option. I had them at the same time with DT770 80 ohm and 250 ohm.post #379 of 6727/20/13 at 5:29pmQuote:
Though many people complain about harshness of Beyerdynamic DT770/DT880/DT990 highs. For those I would recommend 32 ohm version of DT770 as nr 1. For me the problem dos not exist and 32 ohm version sounds to me castrated (ouch!) in high frequencies at times but this is comparable to what Sennheiser/Audiotechnika/AKG offer but not Grado.post #380 of 6727/20/13 at 5:43pm
DT770 are headphones which let you hear the bass line of So What by Miles Davis better than any other closed headphones, they are good for rock, any instrumental music. They probably suck with electronic music.post #381 of 6727/20/13 at 7:51pmpost #382 of 6727/22/13 at 12:31amQuote:
Do it! I have the O2/ODAC combo at my desk at home and it is a very nice match with the DT770LE!post #383 of 6727/22/13 at 9:30am
Nooooohooooooo the LEs rock pretty hard with Infected Mushroom and 4-on-the-floor music, they really let you feel the bass when they are well-amped, which doesn't take a huge amount; my Microstreamer does the job admirably.post #384 of 6727/23/13 at 1:14ampost #385 of 6727/23/13 at 1:34ampost #386 of 6727/23/13 at 1:40ampost #387 of 6727/23/13 at 2:14ampost #388 of 6727/23/13 at 7:31ampost #389 of 6727/25/13 at 11:12pm
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 8 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 17 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 38 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 43 seconds ago
- › Atlas Cables Mavros XLR 0.6m 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear