- 390 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Melbourne
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 26post #376 of 6677/20/13 at 3:19pm@quote.. Haven't heard it with the O2/ODAC combo, but a brief listen to the FIIO E12 certainly added better PRAT and tightened the bass, soundstage also widened a bit too. This was compared to the IPad headphone output.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 6677/20/13 at 4:06pmpost #378 of 6677/20/13 at 5:17pm
DT250 are popular in recording studios, you may see famous musicians wearing them during sessions.
I had DT150 that are said to have the same drivers but deeper cups. They are not balanced and sound worse than DT770. For me the most noticeable about DT150 was not enough highs, less than DT770 80 ohm which also lack in this area, and less subbass than DT770 32/80/250 ohm. Center is not as recessed as in DT770, middle bass seems to dominate overall sound, soundstage is smaller than DT770. If listed from brightest and airiest to darkest and most closed-sounding it would be
1. DT770 250 ohm
2. DT770 32 ohm
3. DT770 80 ohm
4. DT150 250 ohm
DT150 I only had in 250 ohm option. I had them at the same time with DT770 80 ohm and 250 ohm.post #379 of 6677/20/13 at 5:29pmQuote:
Though many people complain about harshness of Beyerdynamic DT770/DT880/DT990 highs. For those I would recommend 32 ohm version of DT770 as nr 1. For me the problem dos not exist and 32 ohm version sounds to me castrated (ouch!) in high frequencies at times but this is comparable to what Sennheiser/Audiotechnika/AKG offer but not Grado.post #380 of 6677/20/13 at 5:43pm
DT770 are headphones which let you hear the bass line of So What by Miles Davis better than any other closed headphones, they are good for rock, any instrumental music. They probably suck with electronic music.post #381 of 6677/20/13 at 7:51pmpost #382 of 6677/22/13 at 12:31amQuote:
Do it! I have the O2/ODAC combo at my desk at home and it is a very nice match with the DT770LE!post #383 of 6677/22/13 at 9:30am
Nooooohooooooo the LEs rock pretty hard with Infected Mushroom and 4-on-the-floor music, they really let you feel the bass when they are well-amped, which doesn't take a huge amount; my Microstreamer does the job admirably.post #384 of 6677/23/13 at 1:14ampost #385 of 6677/23/13 at 1:34ampost #386 of 6677/23/13 at 1:40ampost #387 of 6677/23/13 at 2:14ampost #388 of 6677/23/13 at 7:31ampost #389 of 6677/25/13 at 11:12pm
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › A little Help in optimizing and upgrading PC 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...