Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 22

post #316 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

really? i could not find enough bass in my pair of LEs
I have to say I'm with you on this one. Unless the song really, REALLY calls for bass, I'm left wanting. Not to say the sound is bad, it's very good, just a little light on the low end.
post #317 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by teofilrocks View Post


I have to say I'm with you on this one. Unless the song really, REALLY calls for bass, I'm left wanting. Not to say the sound is bad, it's very good, just a little light on the low end.

 

This is so funny. Well, not your opinion. But my feelings are the exact opposite: Too much on the low end! Ha!

post #318 of 617

subbass is definitely lacking. you can proof that with the graphs at goldenears.net

post #319 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

This is so funny. Well, not your opinion. But my feelings are the exact opposite: Too much on the low end! Ha!

Really? Wow. Well, just more proof that everyone has different ears and different preferences. Never mind different songs that we judge with and previous headphones we compare against.
post #320 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by teofilrocks View Post


Really? Wow. Well, just more proof that everyone has different ears and different preferences. Never mind different songs that we judge with and previous headphones we compare against.


Totally. And hear I like a warm sound signature, preferring both the HD650 and HD600 to the DT880 or K702, for example. I'm not really a bright guy...but unless its a really bass light track, I'm just not digging the 770 LE. There are some tracks that I like it much more on...the ones with less bass! (In the past, I liked it much more, but I was pairing it w/ a C421...I wonder if that was the difference.)

post #321 of 617

For those that find the bass lacking on the DT770-LE's, you might try them with the new iCAN amp from iFi. It has a very well executed bass boost that can fill in where a lot of headphones roll off. I was listening last night with my DT770s and the whole spectrum was sounding so right and definitely fully present and accounted for.

 

Here is my review of the iCAN:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/654405/ican-amp-review-a-new-amp-that-gives-you-more-more-bass-more-soundstage-and-more-detail

post #322 of 617

Sorry for the noob question (and also if it's been answered already, but I did scan this entire thread):  How would these compare to the 80ohm 770s for hard rock and metal, both with stock pads?  I'd be driving with a Magni/Modi at home, and hoping to use unamped with an ipod when traveling.  Thanks!


Edited by cytoSiN - 4/28/13 at 6:51pm
post #323 of 617

DT770? Bass lacking?

 

o.o;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirmalanow View Post

For those that find the bass lacking on the DT770-LE's, you might try them with the new iCAN amp from iFi. It has a very well executed bass boost that can fill in where a lot of headphones roll off. I was listening last night with my DT770s and the whole spectrum was sounding so right and definitely fully present and accounted for.

 

Here is my review of the iCAN:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/654405/ican-amp-review-a-new-amp-that-gives-you-more-more-bass-more-soundstage-and-more-detail

post #324 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

DT770? Bass lacking?

 

o.o;

Well, if you're coming straight from the Sony XB1000, the DT-770 will feel a bit anemic.

post #325 of 617
Anyone looking for a good affordable amp/dac combo for these babies should check out the HRT Microstreamer. Tightens up the bass a good bit, does justice to the mids, and powers them well enough to get rid of the somewhat hollow sound they sometimes take on. Its such a good combo that I'm getting rid of my D2000s :-)
post #326 of 617

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/press/press-releases/press-detail/article/the-dt-770-pro-a-studio-legend-now-in-a-32-ohm-version.html

 

The new 32ohm version is out, I think it is virtually the same as the LE model. What a fraud! I guess we paid at least $50 just for the stupid LE metal plate on the cans which come off easily after use.... That is some new meaning of a limited version!

post #327 of 617
Wow, screw them. Because of this, I am for sure not getting the DT1350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justhandguns View Post

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/press/press-releases/press-detail/article/the-dt-770-pro-a-studio-legend-now-in-a-32-ohm-version.html

The new 32ohm version is out, I think it is virtually the same as the LE model. What a fraud! I guess we paid at least $50 just for the stupid LE metal plate on the cans which come off easily after use.... That is some new meaning of a limited version!
post #328 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by justhandguns View Post

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/press/press-releases/press-detail/article/the-dt-770-pro-a-studio-legend-now-in-a-32-ohm-version.html

 

The new 32ohm version is out, I think it is virtually the same as the LE model. What a fraud! I guess we paid at least $50 just for the stupid LE metal plate on the cans which come off easily after use.... That is some new meaning of a limited version!

 

Damn Beyer go same path as AKG and K702 ANV and K712 Pro . biggrin.gif

post #329 of 617

I'd buy it when they add an iPhone cable. Don't know why they haven't done this yet, should've got that with the COP already.

post #330 of 617

At the risk of sounding like a troll, I have to say this:

 

Beyerdynamic is in it for the money. As an owner of the 770LE I was baffled why they didn't make this a regualy stocked product. They sound much better than any other closed can anywhere near this price range, so only making 4000 sets seemed... a bit silly. Looks like BD has figured this out and are now launching a regular version. Reviews will show if they sound as good as the LE. For the sake of consumers and BD shareholders, I hope they do.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms