Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
I bought this in october. I agree with other reviewers, the sound is definitely value for money you can read other reviews for that. However, the build quality is terrible. I took good...
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 20post #286 of 6193/22/13 at 4:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 6193/22/13 at 5:12pm
+1....also thinner IMO. I also like the FA-003 pleather pads on them. They are thicker, much softer and I get a better seal than the pleather pads that come with the DT770LE. It takes a little work to get them on though. Good luck.post #288 of 6193/22/13 at 7:51pmQuote:
Are those the infamous gel pads you are talking about that you put on your LE? I have a pair on order and they are the last of the gel pads ever according to the lady in customer service at Beyer in NY.post #289 of 6193/22/13 at 8:59pmpost #290 of 6193/22/13 at 9:24pmQuote:
No, not the gel pads. I tried acquiring them, but never could find them in stock anywhere. These are pleather pads that come with the jaycar version of the FA-003.post #291 of 6193/23/13 at 4:33ampost #292 of 6193/23/13 at 4:54amQuote:
They are surprisingly power hungry actually. Sure, even your phone can make them loud, but to drive them properly and control the bass in particular, you'll need some oomph in that amp.post #293 of 6193/24/13 at 8:21amQuote:
With the above in mind perhaps the question is answered already in general, but has anyone tried one of these directly out of a Sansa Clip Zip+ ?post #294 of 6193/24/13 at 11:10amQuote:
What amp and source are you using with yours?
Also, I'm reading a lot of mixed reports on the FiiO amps -- some say they're good, others say they reduce the soundstage and make the bass even more bloated.
Edited by acti0n - 3/24/13 at 11:15ampost #295 of 6194/3/13 at 12:28amQuote:
After a long string of incremental upgrades, my main rig is the one I use at work: An Ibasso DX100 with the Heir R1 amp. The DX100 will power them fine on it's own, but on high gain with the volume around 200 out of 255. This is HE-500 country. The R1 adds some headroom and a bit of control. At home, I have an O2 fed by the ODAC. This combo is phenomenal with the DT770AE and price/performance is a good deal better than the DX100/R1 rig. I also have a Stoner UD100 dac and this little gem is a $49 DAC no bigger than an USB key. Add an amp and you're golden. The Fiio E11 has the oomph to drive the AE but the bass will be bloated. Go for something clean and powerful like the O2 if the form factor works for you.post #296 of 6194/3/13 at 1:10pm
I use the E11 with by LEs, its a fine combo, the E11 adds a bit of warmth and color to the otherwise tonally neutral LEs, which I like. It improves bass extension but also increases body, which might make it too much for some; I tend to EQ the 60-150hz region down a bit when using this combo. I think it improves the soundstage a bit over running unamped, and generally makes the sound more coherent and complete-sounding.
I have to say my experience with FiiO amps is mixed; my E5 crapped out after less than two months, and I'm already having some charging issues with my two-week-old E11, sometimes I have to take the battery out and put it back in to make it charge properly.
I'm currently saving up for a C421/C5.post #297 of 6194/3/13 at 5:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sorensiim
After a long string of incremental upgrades, my main rig is the one I use at work: An Ibasso DX100 with the Heir R1 amp. The DX100 will power them fine on it's own, but on high gain with the volume around 200 out of 255. This is HE-500 country. The R1 adds some headroom and a bit of control. At home, I have an O2 fed by the ODAC. This combo is phenomenal with the DT770AE and price/performance is a good deal better than the DX100/R1 rig. I also have a Stoner UD100 dac and this little gem is a $49 DAC no bigger than an USB key. Add an amp and you're golden. The Fiio E11 has the oomph to drive the AE but the bass will be bloated. Go for something clean and powerful like the O2 if the form factor works for you.
Wow, that is disappointing to read the the DX100 needs an additional amp to fully get the best out of a 32 Ohm headphone.post #298 of 6194/3/13 at 9:38pmQuote:
You seem to have missed my point: There's more to it than just ohm. The DT770 is as power hungry as the HD650 and the HE500.post #299 of 6194/3/13 at 9:49pm
...Seriously?post #300 of 6194/3/13 at 11:00pm
Yup. A Clip+ will make them go loud, but to tighten up the bass, open the soundstage and generally make them sound their best you need some serious horsepower. Just like the 300ohm HD650.
The DX100 can do that on it's own, but adding an amp gives you that last 1-2% that sometimes makes a difference.
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 2 minutes ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2