Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 20post #286 of 6683/22/13 at 4:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 6683/22/13 at 5:12pm
+1....also thinner IMO. I also like the FA-003 pleather pads on them. They are thicker, much softer and I get a better seal than the pleather pads that come with the DT770LE. It takes a little work to get them on though. Good luck.post #288 of 6683/22/13 at 7:51pmQuote:
Are those the infamous gel pads you are talking about that you put on your LE? I have a pair on order and they are the last of the gel pads ever according to the lady in customer service at Beyer in NY.post #289 of 6683/22/13 at 8:59pmpost #290 of 6683/22/13 at 9:24pmQuote:
No, not the gel pads. I tried acquiring them, but never could find them in stock anywhere. These are pleather pads that come with the jaycar version of the FA-003.post #291 of 6683/23/13 at 4:33ampost #292 of 6683/23/13 at 4:54amQuote:
They are surprisingly power hungry actually. Sure, even your phone can make them loud, but to drive them properly and control the bass in particular, you'll need some oomph in that amp.post #293 of 6683/24/13 at 8:21amQuote:
With the above in mind perhaps the question is answered already in general, but has anyone tried one of these directly out of a Sansa Clip Zip+ ?post #294 of 6683/24/13 at 11:10amQuote:
What amp and source are you using with yours?
Also, I'm reading a lot of mixed reports on the FiiO amps -- some say they're good, others say they reduce the soundstage and make the bass even more bloated.
Edited by acti0n - 3/24/13 at 11:15ampost #295 of 6684/3/13 at 12:28amQuote:
After a long string of incremental upgrades, my main rig is the one I use at work: An Ibasso DX100 with the Heir R1 amp. The DX100 will power them fine on it's own, but on high gain with the volume around 200 out of 255. This is HE-500 country. The R1 adds some headroom and a bit of control. At home, I have an O2 fed by the ODAC. This combo is phenomenal with the DT770AE and price/performance is a good deal better than the DX100/R1 rig. I also have a Stoner UD100 dac and this little gem is a $49 DAC no bigger than an USB key. Add an amp and you're golden. The Fiio E11 has the oomph to drive the AE but the bass will be bloated. Go for something clean and powerful like the O2 if the form factor works for you.post #296 of 6684/3/13 at 1:10pm
I use the E11 with by LEs, its a fine combo, the E11 adds a bit of warmth and color to the otherwise tonally neutral LEs, which I like. It improves bass extension but also increases body, which might make it too much for some; I tend to EQ the 60-150hz region down a bit when using this combo. I think it improves the soundstage a bit over running unamped, and generally makes the sound more coherent and complete-sounding.
I have to say my experience with FiiO amps is mixed; my E5 crapped out after less than two months, and I'm already having some charging issues with my two-week-old E11, sometimes I have to take the battery out and put it back in to make it charge properly.
I'm currently saving up for a C421/C5.post #297 of 6684/3/13 at 5:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sorensiim
After a long string of incremental upgrades, my main rig is the one I use at work: An Ibasso DX100 with the Heir R1 amp. The DX100 will power them fine on it's own, but on high gain with the volume around 200 out of 255. This is HE-500 country. The R1 adds some headroom and a bit of control. At home, I have an O2 fed by the ODAC. This combo is phenomenal with the DT770AE and price/performance is a good deal better than the DX100/R1 rig. I also have a Stoner UD100 dac and this little gem is a $49 DAC no bigger than an USB key. Add an amp and you're golden. The Fiio E11 has the oomph to drive the AE but the bass will be bloated. Go for something clean and powerful like the O2 if the form factor works for you.
Wow, that is disappointing to read the the DX100 needs an additional amp to fully get the best out of a 32 Ohm headphone.post #298 of 6684/3/13 at 9:38pmQuote:
You seem to have missed my point: There's more to it than just ohm. The DT770 is as power hungry as the HD650 and the HE500.post #299 of 6684/3/13 at 9:49pm
...Seriously?post #300 of 6684/3/13 at 11:00pm
Yup. A Clip+ will make them go loud, but to tighten up the bass, open the soundstage and generally make them sound their best you need some serious horsepower. Just like the 300ohm HD650.
The DX100 can do that on it's own, but adding an amp gives you that last 1-2% that sometimes makes a difference.
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Android phones and USB DACs 39 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Cardas and Westone IEM's? 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 10 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...