Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 12

post #166 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

Absolutely not. I think they're incredible. I might sell my Q701.

Better than Q701~~

 

You really like LE!

post #167 of 603

Can anyone speak regarding the isolation of the DT770 compared to some of the other more more portable closed cans? 

post #168 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Can anyone speak regarding the isolation of the DT770 compared to some of the other more more portable closed cans? 

Better than V-.Moda M80, AKG550, Shure 940, Creative Aurvana Live

 

Similar to AKG K581 from what I can remember. 

 

Less than my IEMs

post #169 of 603

Tus-Chan Can you compare the sound of 770LE & K167 ?

post #170 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Can anyone speak regarding the isolation of the DT770 compared to some of the other more more portable closed cans? 

I think DT1350 has better isolation.
Though DT1350 is not over-ear.

post #171 of 603

I have the Premium DT770 (with pleather pads) and it isolates better than all closed headphones I have owned- K550, D7000, K272, Pro900, Pro650. It's almost as good as my X10 iem's. I did however line the inside of the cups with dynamat but that was a small improvement for the effort.

This is the main reason I still own and use them (plus they sound great).

post #172 of 603

Thanks for the responses on isolation guys! I decided to go with the Momentum over the DT770 LE, sold the DT770, and now I want it back! DOH! 

post #173 of 603
Interesting move, one Ive considered myself. Would love to hear your thoughts on how the Momentum stacks up to the DT770 in terms of soundstage and midrange detail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Thanks for the responses on isolation guys! I decided to go with the Momentum over the DT770 LE, sold the DT770, and now I want it back! DOH! 
post #174 of 603
I'm interested in this comparison as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirr View Post

Tus-Chan Can you compare the sound of 770LE & K167 ?
post #175 of 603
My review will look something like this:

 


Beyerdynamic DT770 LE


 

[0/0] BUILD

 
xxxxx
 

[0/0] COMFORT

 
xxxxx
 

[0/0] ISOLATION

 
xxxxx
 

[0/0] SOUND

 
xxxxx
 

AKG K167


 

[0/0] BUILD

 
xxxxx
 

[0/0] COMFORT

 
xxxxx
 

[0/0] ISOLATION

 
xxxxx
 

[0/0] SOUND

 
xxxxx
 

Conclusion:


 

xxxxx

 

I need some test songs that a large amount of people will be familiar with. Constructive criticism of my structure is also welcome.


Edited by Tus-Chan - 1/19/13 at 2:03pm
post #176 of 603

^ bump for notification

post #177 of 603
Dave matthews band - Before these crowded streets, any song
Radiohead, fake platic trees
post #178 of 603

Some Infected Mushroom would be welcome to test their speed and ability to portray microdetail for those hyper-textured synthesized tones (Erez mixes using HD800s, so you know their music will put any phone to the test). Also perhaps Lindsay Sterling, Beethoven, Vivaldi...Birth and Death of the Day by Explosions in the Sky would make a great track for comparing dynamic range. Also some good classic rock would be good to hear, maybe some Pink Floyd. When it comes to realism of strings, I like to use Rodrigo y Gabriela to test for timbre and speed. If you have a good high quality recording of Stop Making Sense by the Talking Heads, that live performance could be used to test the characteristics of each phone's presentation. Some metal like System of a Down, Dream Theater/Liquid Tension Experiment, or Tool would be good tests for speed, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

 

I need some test songs that a large amount of people will be familiar with. Constructive criticism of my structure is also welcome.

post #179 of 603

Tomorrow, I'm going to be writing the review for these between setting up and running the rave I'm hosting in my city.

I can give you the TL;DR for the headphones right now, though: Both headphones have a VERY similar sound signature (like the difference between an AKG K701 and a Sennheiser HD598), but the AKG K167 basically does everything a little bit better than the DT770 LE.

post #180 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

Tomorrow, I'm going to be writing the review for these between setting up and running the rave I'm hosting in my city.

I can give you the TL;DR for the headphones right now, though: Both headphones have a VERY similar sound signature (like the difference between an AKG K701 and a Sennheiser HD598), but the AKG K167 basically does everything a little bit better than the DT770 LE.

Are they as neutral? And...better soundstage? Really? I've heard plenty of open phones and I find it hard to believe that something closed could be much bigger than DT770s...or maybe I'm thinking wishfully (and wishing I'd saved money! angry_face.gif).


Edited by Gilly87 - 1/19/13 at 7:00pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms