- 68 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 9post #121 of 6161/4/13 at 10:20amI originally wanted to get the K550 but since I have a smaller head I was worried I wouldn't get the right fit, and I have nowhere to try out the k550s. Plus, they are 50$ more.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 6161/4/13 at 11:35amQuote:
I like the DT770 LE soooo much more than the K550, especially some of its piercing treble.post #123 of 6161/4/13 at 3:18pmpost #124 of 6161/4/13 at 3:32pmpost #125 of 6161/7/13 at 7:48pmpost #126 of 6161/7/13 at 8:10pmpost #127 of 6161/8/13 at 7:19am
I just bought my DT770 LE yesterday. Actually I was choosing among Momentum, DT1350 and DT770 LE. Momentum was very engaging to listen to, but I preferred the other two for neutrality. If portability and easy-to-drive were my main concern, I'd have picked DT1350, but I bought DT770 LE for its sound quality.
770 didn't sound good straight out of the box. After a few hours of burn-in, it's ok. Now, if I pair 770 with Lyr, it would have more expansive sounstage, punchier bass and more forward vocals. But that's not alway good. Many of the times I find it sound more natural straight out of Mac mini phone jack, thinner but has more space between instruments, vocals not overly close, even more air. I It seems to me that amping could be a bit picky. Any idea?
Edited by wynton5364 - 1/8/13 at 7:21ampost #128 of 6161/8/13 at 11:38ampost #129 of 6161/8/13 at 2:53pmpost #130 of 6161/8/13 at 3:44pmpost #131 of 6161/8/13 at 7:27pmpost #132 of 6161/8/13 at 10:59pm
Yes, I sometimes feel the vocals too forward with Lyr, a bit unnatural to my ears.
Maybe it's just me. 770 LEs are still very smooth and good sounding anyway.post #133 of 6161/9/13 at 12:22am
(Speaking and moving my hand Jedi's style)
"You will send one of these to me right now"...post #134 of 6161/9/13 at 3:11am
I've had the DT770 AE for close to three weeks now... and absolutely love them.
Since arriving, I've used them on a daily basis. Their sound has tightened and cleaned up nicely, since ootb (not drastically.. but noticeably). The smooth, grainless sound is the most outstanding aspect of this phone, for me. It's so clear. I've noticed they're actually quite sensitive to recording quality, too. Poorly recorded material doesn't sound terrible.. but it's certainly lackluster and tends to sound harsh or dark (depending on which way the mastering/mixing leans). Play well recorded material and this phone shines. It definitely deserves a HQ DAC and amp (that's appropriate for it's price bracket). It sounds terrific out of the O2.. but I especially like it from the Schiit Modi/Magni stack I've had for the last week plus. The DT 770 AE takes the gobs of power the Magni can deliver & puts it to good use.. effortless control, separation, clarity, and excellent dynamics.
Edited by FlySweep - 1/9/13 at 3:12ampost #135 of 6161/9/13 at 11:05am
I just replaced the stock pads on the DT770 Pro LE 32. This is my first post and I’ll upload comparison pics of stock pads vs velour when I receive the entitlement (seems disabled right now). For me, I prefer the velour pads. More comfortable and my ears don’t get hot. So far, I really like what I hear. I should mention that the stock pads have a solid plastic backing and velour pads are perforated. Changing pads is very easy. Just warm-up the replacement pad's edge with a hairdryer and they slip right on.
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HM-901 13 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 58 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Easiest way to volume match during a ABx comparison? 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Help finding headphones + amp + dac 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Interest Check: Ipod Video 5.5g Rockboxed and Fiio E07K combo 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)