- 68 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 9post #121 of 6671/4/13 at 10:20amI originally wanted to get the K550 but since I have a smaller head I was worried I wouldn't get the right fit, and I have nowhere to try out the k550s. Plus, they are 50$ more.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 6671/4/13 at 11:35amQuote:
I like the DT770 LE soooo much more than the K550, especially some of its piercing treble.post #123 of 6671/4/13 at 3:18pmpost #124 of 6671/4/13 at 3:32pmpost #125 of 6671/7/13 at 7:48pmpost #126 of 6671/7/13 at 8:10pmpost #127 of 6671/8/13 at 7:19am
I just bought my DT770 LE yesterday. Actually I was choosing among Momentum, DT1350 and DT770 LE. Momentum was very engaging to listen to, but I preferred the other two for neutrality. If portability and easy-to-drive were my main concern, I'd have picked DT1350, but I bought DT770 LE for its sound quality.
770 didn't sound good straight out of the box. After a few hours of burn-in, it's ok. Now, if I pair 770 with Lyr, it would have more expansive sounstage, punchier bass and more forward vocals. But that's not alway good. Many of the times I find it sound more natural straight out of Mac mini phone jack, thinner but has more space between instruments, vocals not overly close, even more air. I It seems to me that amping could be a bit picky. Any idea?
Edited by wynton5364 - 1/8/13 at 7:21ampost #128 of 6671/8/13 at 11:38ampost #129 of 6671/8/13 at 2:53pmpost #130 of 6671/8/13 at 3:44pmpost #131 of 6671/8/13 at 7:27pmpost #132 of 6671/8/13 at 10:59pm
Yes, I sometimes feel the vocals too forward with Lyr, a bit unnatural to my ears.
Maybe it's just me. 770 LEs are still very smooth and good sounding anyway.post #133 of 6671/9/13 at 12:22am
(Speaking and moving my hand Jedi's style)
"You will send one of these to me right now"...post #134 of 6671/9/13 at 3:11am
I've had the DT770 AE for close to three weeks now... and absolutely love them.
Since arriving, I've used them on a daily basis. Their sound has tightened and cleaned up nicely, since ootb (not drastically.. but noticeably). The smooth, grainless sound is the most outstanding aspect of this phone, for me. It's so clear. I've noticed they're actually quite sensitive to recording quality, too. Poorly recorded material doesn't sound terrible.. but it's certainly lackluster and tends to sound harsh or dark (depending on which way the mastering/mixing leans). Play well recorded material and this phone shines. It definitely deserves a HQ DAC and amp (that's appropriate for it's price bracket). It sounds terrific out of the O2.. but I especially like it from the Schiit Modi/Magni stack I've had for the last week plus. The DT 770 AE takes the gobs of power the Magni can deliver & puts it to good use.. effortless control, separation, clarity, and excellent dynamics.
Edited by FlySweep - 1/9/13 at 3:12ampost #135 of 6671/9/13 at 11:05am
I just replaced the stock pads on the DT770 Pro LE 32. This is my first post and I’ll upload comparison pics of stock pads vs velour when I receive the entitlement (seems disabled right now). For me, I prefer the velour pads. More comfortable and my ears don’t get hot. So far, I really like what I hear. I should mention that the stock pads have a solid plastic backing and velour pads are perforated. Changing pads is very easy. Just warm-up the replacement pad's edge with a hairdryer and they slip right on.
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 18 seconds ago
- › MagnumV6 32 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 44 seconds ago
- › Chapter 5 - Getting It Wrong 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › DDC - Digital USB interfaces - Xmos or Amanero Combo384 based -... 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...