- 68 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 9post #121 of 6221/4/13 at 10:20amI originally wanted to get the K550 but since I have a smaller head I was worried I wouldn't get the right fit, and I have nowhere to try out the k550s. Plus, they are 50$ more.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 6221/4/13 at 11:35amQuote:
I like the DT770 LE soooo much more than the K550, especially some of its piercing treble.post #123 of 6221/4/13 at 3:18pmpost #124 of 6221/4/13 at 3:32pmpost #125 of 6221/7/13 at 7:48pmpost #126 of 6221/7/13 at 8:10pmpost #127 of 6221/8/13 at 7:19am
I just bought my DT770 LE yesterday. Actually I was choosing among Momentum, DT1350 and DT770 LE. Momentum was very engaging to listen to, but I preferred the other two for neutrality. If portability and easy-to-drive were my main concern, I'd have picked DT1350, but I bought DT770 LE for its sound quality.
770 didn't sound good straight out of the box. After a few hours of burn-in, it's ok. Now, if I pair 770 with Lyr, it would have more expansive sounstage, punchier bass and more forward vocals. But that's not alway good. Many of the times I find it sound more natural straight out of Mac mini phone jack, thinner but has more space between instruments, vocals not overly close, even more air. I It seems to me that amping could be a bit picky. Any idea?
Edited by wynton5364 - 1/8/13 at 7:21ampost #128 of 6221/8/13 at 11:38ampost #129 of 6221/8/13 at 2:53pmpost #130 of 6221/8/13 at 3:44pmpost #131 of 6221/8/13 at 7:27pmpost #132 of 6221/8/13 at 10:59pm
Yes, I sometimes feel the vocals too forward with Lyr, a bit unnatural to my ears.
Maybe it's just me. 770 LEs are still very smooth and good sounding anyway.post #133 of 6221/9/13 at 12:22am
(Speaking and moving my hand Jedi's style)
"You will send one of these to me right now"...post #134 of 6221/9/13 at 3:11am
I've had the DT770 AE for close to three weeks now... and absolutely love them.
Since arriving, I've used them on a daily basis. Their sound has tightened and cleaned up nicely, since ootb (not drastically.. but noticeably). The smooth, grainless sound is the most outstanding aspect of this phone, for me. It's so clear. I've noticed they're actually quite sensitive to recording quality, too. Poorly recorded material doesn't sound terrible.. but it's certainly lackluster and tends to sound harsh or dark (depending on which way the mastering/mixing leans). Play well recorded material and this phone shines. It definitely deserves a HQ DAC and amp (that's appropriate for it's price bracket). It sounds terrific out of the O2.. but I especially like it from the Schiit Modi/Magni stack I've had for the last week plus. The DT 770 AE takes the gobs of power the Magni can deliver & puts it to good use.. effortless control, separation, clarity, and excellent dynamics.
Edited by FlySweep - 1/9/13 at 3:12ampost #135 of 6221/9/13 at 11:05am
I just replaced the stock pads on the DT770 Pro LE 32. This is my first post and I’ll upload comparison pics of stock pads vs velour when I receive the entitlement (seems disabled right now). For me, I prefer the velour pads. More comfortable and my ears don’t get hot. So far, I really like what I hear. I should mention that the stock pads have a solid plastic backing and velour pads are perforated. Changing pads is very easy. Just warm-up the replacement pad's edge with a hairdryer and they slip right on.
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony XBA-H3 Hybrid 3-Way In-Ear Headphones 12 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Pangea Audio HP 201 Tube Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › How to Compare Headphones - Factoring out loudness 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)