- 68 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- A series of questions: DT 880 250 vs 600 + amp Or dt 770 + amp and so on and on..... Last post on 12/22/12 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BeyerDynamic DT770 vs. BeyerDynamic DT880 vs. Denon D2000 - Can't Decide Please Help!! Last post on 9/12/14 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Cowon S9 without an amp? Last post on 8/10/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 + AV Receiver from a cheap HTiB? Last post on 8/6/11 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms - Page 9post #121 of 6681/4/13 at 10:20amI originally wanted to get the K550 but since I have a smaller head I was worried I wouldn't get the right fit, and I have nowhere to try out the k550s. Plus, they are 50$ more.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 6681/4/13 at 11:35amQuote:
I like the DT770 LE soooo much more than the K550, especially some of its piercing treble.post #123 of 6681/4/13 at 3:18pmpost #124 of 6681/4/13 at 3:32pmpost #125 of 6681/7/13 at 7:48pmpost #126 of 6681/7/13 at 8:10pmpost #127 of 6681/8/13 at 7:19am
I just bought my DT770 LE yesterday. Actually I was choosing among Momentum, DT1350 and DT770 LE. Momentum was very engaging to listen to, but I preferred the other two for neutrality. If portability and easy-to-drive were my main concern, I'd have picked DT1350, but I bought DT770 LE for its sound quality.
770 didn't sound good straight out of the box. After a few hours of burn-in, it's ok. Now, if I pair 770 with Lyr, it would have more expansive sounstage, punchier bass and more forward vocals. But that's not alway good. Many of the times I find it sound more natural straight out of Mac mini phone jack, thinner but has more space between instruments, vocals not overly close, even more air. I It seems to me that amping could be a bit picky. Any idea?
Edited by wynton5364 - 1/8/13 at 7:21ampost #128 of 6681/8/13 at 11:38ampost #129 of 6681/8/13 at 2:53pmpost #130 of 6681/8/13 at 3:44pmpost #131 of 6681/8/13 at 7:27pmpost #132 of 6681/8/13 at 10:59pm
Yes, I sometimes feel the vocals too forward with Lyr, a bit unnatural to my ears.
Maybe it's just me. 770 LEs are still very smooth and good sounding anyway.post #133 of 6681/9/13 at 12:22am
(Speaking and moving my hand Jedi's style)
"You will send one of these to me right now"...post #134 of 6681/9/13 at 3:11am
I've had the DT770 AE for close to three weeks now... and absolutely love them.
Since arriving, I've used them on a daily basis. Their sound has tightened and cleaned up nicely, since ootb (not drastically.. but noticeably). The smooth, grainless sound is the most outstanding aspect of this phone, for me. It's so clear. I've noticed they're actually quite sensitive to recording quality, too. Poorly recorded material doesn't sound terrible.. but it's certainly lackluster and tends to sound harsh or dark (depending on which way the mastering/mixing leans). Play well recorded material and this phone shines. It definitely deserves a HQ DAC and amp (that's appropriate for it's price bracket). It sounds terrific out of the O2.. but I especially like it from the Schiit Modi/Magni stack I've had for the last week plus. The DT 770 AE takes the gobs of power the Magni can deliver & puts it to good use.. effortless control, separation, clarity, and excellent dynamics.
Edited by FlySweep - 1/9/13 at 3:12ampost #135 of 6681/9/13 at 11:05am
I just replaced the stock pads on the DT770 Pro LE 32. This is my first post and I’ll upload comparison pics of stock pads vs velour when I receive the entitlement (seems disabled right now). For me, I prefer the velour pads. More comfortable and my ears don’t get hot. So far, I really like what I hear. I should mention that the stock pads have a solid plastic backing and velour pads are perforated. Changing pads is very easy. Just warm-up the replacement pad's edge with a hairdryer and they slip right on.
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 50 seconds ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock,... 5 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 7 minutes ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 8 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear