My audiologist told me sometimes sibilance has to do with the way the sound travels down your ear canal and hits the drum. I noticed that with my westone 3s I have fewer problems with sibilance if I use the long comply tips or the triple flanges rather than shorter tips.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a pair of SE535 Red Edition Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wetone 4r or Shure se535 ltd or heir audio 4.ai or um3x rc or UE900 Last post on 5/14/13 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Westone 3 and ES88 (Australia) Price reduced Last post on 5/13/13 at 10:21pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Shure SE535 LTD Red Special Editions (Vancouver, BC) Last post on 5/9/13 at 1:36pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Shure SE535 Replacement Housing Last post on 5/9/13 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
Shure SE 535 Sharp "S" Sound - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The more I listen to different audio equipment, the more I'm convinced its a problem with my ears. On the up-side, I recently got my FiiO E17. To conclude, I think the DAC in it helps with the sibilance a lot, even more so than EQ'ing the sound. Instead of being unbearable, it's MUCH more tame and just there. It isn't a complete solution, but its satisfactory to me. Thanks for the outstanding replies to this thread everyone!
- Shure SE 535 Sharp "S" Sound
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Audeze LCD-3 w. Q Audio cable 10 seconds ago
- › burson new soloist headphone amp 1 minute ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Monster Audio HiFi-ET MA9 - The SLR DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Best Gaming Headphones under 200 (xbox 360) 4 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with crazy low prices (including... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe