New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaming / travelling headset

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Hi,

Im new to this site and someone recommended to post my question here.

The headphones I now have (AKG-K430) are broken and I can get my money back. I disliked them because they were uncomfy after a long time of wearing.

I will use my headphones for gaming and listening to music from my iPod and PC in that order.

I also want to use it when I'm travelling so it has to be quite strong and also compact, a detachable mic would be awesome.

I like heavy bass (dubstep) but the bass shouldnt ruin the other tones, clarity must stay.

My budget is around 100 euros.

Grtz, Arnovic

 

Edit: typos


Edited by Arnovic - 2/5/12 at 1:58am
post #2 of 10

While they are not at all travel headphones I am quite happy with my Turtle Beach X12 for gaming purposes.  The sound quality is solid enough for only $50 but they have, frankly, incredible bass.  There is a bass boost scroller on the DSP and even with it turned up all the way the bass remains clear and controlled through all the power; no muddyness at all.  So absolutely perfect for big, booming explosions.  The microphone is also crystal clear.  I really can't imagine getting anything better on a headset. 

 

On top of all that they are very comfortable.  I can wear them for hours with no strain or soreness.

 

The only con, in your case, would be that they require USB power, so unless you will be using a laptop they are not traveling phones.

 

So they are a great gaming headset, but sonically a step down from AKG-K430s I bet.

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

The Turtle Beach X12's wont be an option because I want to use them to listen to my iPod as well..

Anyone else got some ideas?

 

Edit: What is you guyes' opinion about the Astro A30s? (http://www.astrogaming.com/headsets/a30-headsets/a30-headset-astro-edition)

 


Edited by Arnovic - 2/5/12 at 2:36am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnovic View Post

The Turtle Beach X12's wont be an option because I want to use them to listen to my iPod as well..

Anyone else got some ideas?

 

Edit: What is you guyes' opinion about the Astro A30s? (http://www.astrogaming.com/headsets/a30-headsets/a30-headset-astro-edition)

 



I was actually just about to mention the A30s. They seem like they'd be great for you considering that they're very portable and have a detachable microphone. Also, they don't scream gaming headphone like the TB's do

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuNaTiiK View Post



I was actually just about to mention the A30s. They seem like they'd be great for you considering that they're very portable and have a detachable microphone. Also, they don't scream gaming headphone like the TB's do


That does look much better biggrin.gif.  Also very stylish.

 

post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 

So how do you guyes feel about clip-on mics, are they any good?

post #7 of 10

what do play games on ? even if you don't xbox, i say it is worth it to dump the extra $80 and get mixamp. it is worth it.

post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 

I play on the PC, what advantages does the mixamp really give me?

post #9 of 10

Not sure about the advantages when using it with a computer but when used with say an xbox it converts the headset from stereo to surround sound.

 

As far as I know of, there is no audio cards that emulate surround sound through a single 3.5mm plug.

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijchan223 View Post

Not sure about the advantages when using it with a computer but when used with say an xbox it converts the headset from stereo to surround sound.

 

As far as I know of, there is no audio cards that emulate surround sound through a single 3.5mm plug.



Any soundcard with support for Dolby Digital Live and Dolby Headphone will do this. There are actually a very large number which have these features.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: