So I just got a HeadStreamer today. Adjusting the volume on my computer, the headphone out is extremely quiet. Only when it's on max then it suddenly starts blasting extremely loud, even though every step below that was super soft. I am using Ubuntu 11.10. Any ideas?
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 5/28/12
- productHRT HeadStreamertagged by System, 5/28/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 5/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'm new and confused, what sort of desktop amp do I want? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Using an all-in-one mini Stereo sytem instead of dac Last post on 10/26/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What effect would an amplifier have on my sound? Last post on 8/27/12 at 3:32pm in Computer Audio
- HRT MusicStreamer II with Headphones Last post on 7/22/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Need some help choosing some headphones and an amp for around £400 listening to Progressive... Last post on 7/12/12 at 5:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
HRT HeadStreamer: WASAPI woes in FooBar - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
contact the very good tech support at the hirestech.com web site.
I had no real issue with the SQ of the MSii when I owned it. Just too many issues related to the title of this thread. That headache prompted me to sell it and buy an odac which a noticeable upgrade for the same money and zero playback issues!!
Thanks. I already sent out an email. Just checking to see if anybody else had the same issue or maybe knew what was possibly going on in the meantime.
I realized that even beta 3 and beta 5 has the same bug and the crash happened while I was playing music on foobar while ripping a cd on dbpoweramp at the same time.
AFAIK all of the HRT streamers do. Check their web site hirestech.com
I am a new registered member of this forum but I am reading since sometime ago.
First, sorry for my bad English, I hope you can understand me.
Recently I am bought a used HRT HeadStreamer with the last firmware versión installed and the problem with foobar and wasapi has not been solved.
Please, are you find a solution?
Thanks in advance.
Hi everyone, I am a new member and have just started using Foobar along with a HRT Music Streamer 11+ DAC ,and I have had no problems at all. When setting up Foobar I just set the drop down box so that the box stated that I was using the HRT Music Streamer and left it at that. Foobar can then sense what sample rate you are using and apply changes accordingly. The music sounds fantastic through a Music Fidelity V8 +PSU and a pair of Grado SR321s listening to all types of rock music.
I've experimented with all the three modes and my impression is that ASIO provides the best quality. Direct Sound delivers rather harsh highs and the overall sound stage is awful (IMHO). WASAPI is a bit too bright to my taste. ASIO sounds a bit dark, but this is well balanced by the brightness of HRT MSII.
JRiver ASIO -> HRT MS II + -> Matrix M Stage -> Dynaudio BM5A MK II / HE 500
HRT's DAC designer has suggested lowering the player's buffer setting as much as possible, and so I tried that on other players that allow the buffer to go all the way down to zero (such as MusicBee mentioned by the previous poster), and it works great.
Then I asked Peter to simply allow an option for the buffer to be lower than 50, because of the above, and he steadfastly refused, claiming that it made no sense.
I asked three times, wording it three different ways and his response - which I have seen before from him - is the Gollum one of covering his ears and saying loudly "I'm not listening, I'm not listening."
Thanks for sharing this info. I initially set all the buffers at maximums (in my mind it was a logical thing to do) and experienced occasional hiccups. Now, following your advice I've gotten rid of all the problems by setting all buffers (in ASIO ) to the very minimum.
JRiver ASIO -> HRT MS II + -> Matrix M stage -> Dynaudio BM5A MKII / HE 500
- HRT HeadStreamer: WASAPI woes in FooBar
- › Fostex TE-04 33 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup? 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › Nobsound Elfidelity Digital Sourced II 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear