So I just got a HeadStreamer today. Adjusting the volume on my computer, the headphone out is extremely quiet. Only when it's on max then it suddenly starts blasting extremely loud, even though every step below that was super soft. I am using Ubuntu 11.10. Any ideas?
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 5/28/12
- productHRT HeadStreamertagged by System, 5/28/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 5/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'm new and confused, what sort of desktop amp do I want? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Using an all-in-one mini Stereo sytem instead of dac Last post on 10/26/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What effect would an amplifier have on my sound? Last post on 8/27/12 at 3:32pm in Computer Audio
- HRT MusicStreamer II with Headphones Last post on 7/22/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Need some help choosing some headphones and an amp for around £400 listening to Progressive... Last post on 7/12/12 at 5:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
1) Disclaimer: A big thanks to Charles and Burson for offering me a review sample of the V5i dual op-amps in exchange for my honest opinion on them. No other compensation was offered or implied....
Being a tester and owner of many digital portable players , I had to participate to the head-fi review tour for Soundaware, especially since all the players of the brand have interested me for...
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/earphones-iems-ciems/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory...
HRT HeadStreamer: WASAPI woes in FooBar - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
contact the very good tech support at the hirestech.com web site.
I had no real issue with the SQ of the MSii when I owned it. Just too many issues related to the title of this thread. That headache prompted me to sell it and buy an odac which a noticeable upgrade for the same money and zero playback issues!!
Thanks. I already sent out an email. Just checking to see if anybody else had the same issue or maybe knew what was possibly going on in the meantime.
I realized that even beta 3 and beta 5 has the same bug and the crash happened while I was playing music on foobar while ripping a cd on dbpoweramp at the same time.
AFAIK all of the HRT streamers do. Check their web site hirestech.com
I am a new registered member of this forum but I am reading since sometime ago.
First, sorry for my bad English, I hope you can understand me.
Recently I am bought a used HRT HeadStreamer with the last firmware versión installed and the problem with foobar and wasapi has not been solved.
Please, are you find a solution?
Thanks in advance.
Hi everyone, I am a new member and have just started using Foobar along with a HRT Music Streamer 11+ DAC ,and I have had no problems at all. When setting up Foobar I just set the drop down box so that the box stated that I was using the HRT Music Streamer and left it at that. Foobar can then sense what sample rate you are using and apply changes accordingly. The music sounds fantastic through a Music Fidelity V8 +PSU and a pair of Grado SR321s listening to all types of rock music.
I've experimented with all the three modes and my impression is that ASIO provides the best quality. Direct Sound delivers rather harsh highs and the overall sound stage is awful (IMHO). WASAPI is a bit too bright to my taste. ASIO sounds a bit dark, but this is well balanced by the brightness of HRT MSII.
JRiver ASIO -> HRT MS II + -> Matrix M Stage -> Dynaudio BM5A MK II / HE 500
HRT's DAC designer has suggested lowering the player's buffer setting as much as possible, and so I tried that on other players that allow the buffer to go all the way down to zero (such as MusicBee mentioned by the previous poster), and it works great.
Then I asked Peter to simply allow an option for the buffer to be lower than 50, because of the above, and he steadfastly refused, claiming that it made no sense.
I asked three times, wording it three different ways and his response - which I have seen before from him - is the Gollum one of covering his ears and saying loudly "I'm not listening, I'm not listening."
Thanks for sharing this info. I initially set all the buffers at maximums (in my mind it was a logical thing to do) and experienced occasional hiccups. Now, following your advice I've gotten rid of all the problems by setting all buffers (in ASIO ) to the very minimum.
JRiver ASIO -> HRT MS II + -> Matrix M stage -> Dynaudio BM5A MKII / HE 500
- HRT HeadStreamer: WASAPI woes in FooBar
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 11 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 26 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...