Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › HRT HeadStreamer: WASAPI woes in FooBar
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HRT HeadStreamer: WASAPI woes in FooBar - Page 5

post #61 of 88

WASAPI beta 4 is out, please test.

 

EDIT: Link updated


Edited by A_Man_Eating_Duck - 6/6/12 at 10:23pm
post #62 of 88
Beta 4 looks to be out. Should have time tonight to install and listen.
post #63 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezolver View Post

Beta 4 looks to be out. Should have time tonight to install and listen.

 

Linkage please....

post #64 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezolver View Post

Beta 4 looks to be out. Should have time tonight to install and listen.

 

Linkage please....


Enjoy the improvements:

 

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5823.msg37918#msg37918

post #65 of 88
pQuote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

 

Linkage please....

 

Link at the top of the page with the headline Beta 3 is ... believe it or not ... ... a link to the Beta 4 download. Not everything you read on the internet is real ... shocking I know. beerchug.gif

 

dt880smile.png (listening to MJ's Thriller album as I write this)

 

ps. ... And Thriller just came on ...

pss. the whole beginning is surreal.

psss. Moved onto beat it, the guitar solo at 2:50 is a MUST listen.

pssss. Billie Jean does not sound so hot over here :/ might have to skip this one. skipped.


Edited by rezolver - 6/6/12 at 8:22pm
post #66 of 88

Beta 4 Epic Fail. First time I've ever seen a blue screen of death on windows 7 because of it.

post #67 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

Beta 4 Epic Fail. First time I've ever seen a blue screen of death on windows 7 because of it.

 

Good to know. Almost installed it last night...*delete*

post #68 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

Beta 4 Epic Fail. First time I've ever seen a blue screen of death on windows 7 because of it.


Better in every way, especially with HRT products:

 

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5823.msg37918#msg37918

post #69 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post


Better in every way, especially with HRT products:

 

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5823.msg37918#msg37918

 

So, your're saying that the new waspi beta is better with music bee?

post #70 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post


Better in every way, especially with HRT products:

 

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5823.msg37918#msg37918


I've been using musicbee since it came out, I agree it is pretty good.

post #71 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post


Better in every way, especially with HRT products:

 

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5823.msg37918#msg37918

 

So, your're saying that the new waspi beta is better with music bee?

Wasapi is better with music bee beta.

post #72 of 88

I just tried out music bee for the first time. Got to say that I like it. I'm working out a few layout issues and such, but I like it. Using it on my laptop. If I can sort out my issues then I'll move it to my main desktop where I do my regular listening.

 

One strange issue is that whenever I pull an album in off the list it get an error on the first track that it tried to play. Any thoughts?

 

 

thanks...

post #73 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I just tried out music bee for the first time. Got to say that I like it. I'm working out a few layout issues and such, but I like it. Using it on my laptop. If I can sort out my issues then I'll move it to my main desktop where I do my regular listening.

 

One strange issue is that whenever I pull an album in off the list it get an error on the first track that it tried to play. Any thoughts?

 

 

thanks...


Very good forum at the first link with more users who might know (including the designer who is active and helpful).

post #74 of 88

I've had may problems with wasapi, asio, wasapi event style etc with my hrt ms II when using windows 7 and foobar2000/Jriver.

 

The usual problems with stutter etc. I used to use windows xp with foobar 2000 and asio which never gave me any problems.

 

About a month ago I decided to try kernel streaming with 50ms buffer in foobar2000. It has been a revelation! I listen for about 3hours a day and have not heard a single problem, ever. Going back to wasapi it starts playing up again.

 

If you haven't tried it in foobar2000, it might be worth a try; you may get lucky like I did.

 

I also play from ram-disk, which (for my setup) prevents any glitches when playing files with different sampling frequencies.

 

Kernel streaming is bit-perfect, and apparently wasapi is just a wrap around for this that adds extra processing.

 

I'm no expert, but just thought I'd share my experiences.

 

Cheers.

post #75 of 88

Could you post some specifics about how to configure the setup?

 

thanks...Matt

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › HRT HeadStreamer: WASAPI woes in FooBar