I can't really decide what to get my girlfriend for her iPod + portable amp. Budget isn't too much of an issue, but I wasn't sure what to suggest for her music taste (R&B, Hip-hop, Hard Rock and Punk mostly). She likes over-ear and full-size headphones (she doesn't like IEMs or on-ears). What would you guys suggest?
Related Forum Threads
- Need a little help choosing Last post on Yesterday at 6:03 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Bowers and Wilkins P5 or Sennheiser Momentum for only audiobooks? Last post on 10/20/13 at 9:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing a semi-portable Dac/Amp for an older Coax spdif cd player. Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Wondering how the HD 558 compares to the Q701? Last post on 9/30/13 at 2:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison betwween Beyerdynamic T50p, B&W P5, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear Last post on 9/30/13 at 8:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Related Head Gear
- AKG Q701GRN Quincy Jones Signature Over the Ear...No review yet.
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Best full-size or over-ear headset for iPod+amp within 300 dollars?post #1 of 62/2/12 at 12:30amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 62/2/12 at 10:06am
If budget is an issue the Philips O'Neal Stretch is a decent headphone. It is built really well and comes with a detachable cable. The one thing I really like about them is that they are extremely comfortable and seal tremendously well.
The best option is the V-Moda M80 or V-80. Both are sonically the same, but there are a few aesthetic differences. The M80 you can have customized by placing a logo of your choice on the earcup covers which is pretty sweet. That costs $50 more, but at a total cost of $250 they are within your budget. They are my best pick for under $250 regardless of the type of headphone be it headset or other. They are on-ear headphones, but the most comfortable on-ear I have ever listened to. I dislike uncomfortable headphones and have sold a pair or Grado RS-1i due to discomfort and would not hesitate to suggest the M80/V80.
Here is a review:post #3 of 62/2/12 at 4:04pmThread Starterpost #4 of 62/2/12 at 5:47pmThread Starterpost #5 of 62/2/12 at 10:25pmThread Starterpost #6 of 67/28/12 at 8:52am
Audio Technica's ATH-M50 & ATH-Pro700MK2 sounds great with songs like R&B, Hip-hop, Hard Rock and Punk.They produce quite a balance sound with deep & punchy bass.
If you prefer less bassy but detail separation, wider sound stage, good mids & high, AKGK550 will be a good choice.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best full-size or over-ear headset for iPod+amp within 300 dollars?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Looking for a closed back tracking/recording headphone 1 minute ago
- › FS: JH 16 with FreqPhase 1 minute ago
- › Why 5+ drivers? Makes no sense to me. 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2, plus comparisons (Added ER4S) 4 minutes ago
- › Travelling to Tokyo and want to buy some open back headphones 4 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 5 minutes ago
- › Help with selling headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 7 minutes ago
- › Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? 8 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe