I can't really decide what to get my girlfriend for her iPod + portable amp. Budget isn't too much of an issue, but I wasn't sure what to suggest for her music taste (R&B, Hip-hop, Hard Rock and Punk mostly). She likes over-ear and full-size headphones (she doesn't like IEMs or on-ears). What would you guys suggest?
Related Forum Threads
- Is B&W P5 worth it? Last post on 9/12/13 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice required Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Deciding on Headphones Under $400 Last post on 11/8/12 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for first pair of non-IEM 'phones Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Best full-size or over-ear headset for iPod+amp within 300 dollars?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If budget is an issue the Philips O'Neal Stretch is a decent headphone. It is built really well and comes with a detachable cable. The one thing I really like about them is that they are extremely comfortable and seal tremendously well.
The best option is the V-Moda M80 or V-80. Both are sonically the same, but there are a few aesthetic differences. The M80 you can have customized by placing a logo of your choice on the earcup covers which is pretty sweet. That costs $50 more, but at a total cost of $250 they are within your budget. They are my best pick for under $250 regardless of the type of headphone be it headset or other. They are on-ear headphones, but the most comfortable on-ear I have ever listened to. I dislike uncomfortable headphones and have sold a pair or Grado RS-1i due to discomfort and would not hesitate to suggest the M80/V80.
Here is a review:
Audio Technica's ATH-M50 & ATH-Pro700MK2 sounds great with songs like R&B, Hip-hop, Hard Rock and Punk.They produce quite a balance sound with deep & punchy bass.
If you prefer less bassy but detail separation, wider sound stage, good mids & high, AKGK550 will be a good choice.
- Best full-size or over-ear headset for iPod+amp within 300 dollars?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 12 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 3 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 3 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 3 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 4 minutes ago
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)