I can't really decide what to get my girlfriend for her iPod + portable amp. Budget isn't too much of an issue, but I wasn't sure what to suggest for her music taste (R&B, Hip-hop, Hard Rock and Punk mostly). She likes over-ear and full-size headphones (she doesn't like IEMs or on-ears). What would you guys suggest?
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Bowers & Wilkins B&W P5 - Price dropped! Last post on 5/19/13 at 5:52am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: AKG-Q701+Woo Audio WA7+ North Star DAC192 MKi Last post on 5/20/13 at 7:14am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HELP Need to find the best headphones for me. Mainly listen to Hip-Hop. Last post on 4/3/13 at 5:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- 12-21-2012 Its the end of the World!! Well not really but play along Last post on 3/27/13 at 12:32am in Headphones (full-size)
Best full-size or over-ear headset for iPod+amp within 300 dollars?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If budget is an issue the Philips O'Neal Stretch is a decent headphone. It is built really well and comes with a detachable cable. The one thing I really like about them is that they are extremely comfortable and seal tremendously well.
The best option is the V-Moda M80 or V-80. Both are sonically the same, but there are a few aesthetic differences. The M80 you can have customized by placing a logo of your choice on the earcup covers which is pretty sweet. That costs $50 more, but at a total cost of $250 they are within your budget. They are my best pick for under $250 regardless of the type of headphone be it headset or other. They are on-ear headphones, but the most comfortable on-ear I have ever listened to. I dislike uncomfortable headphones and have sold a pair or Grado RS-1i due to discomfort and would not hesitate to suggest the M80/V80.
Here is a review:
Audio Technica's ATH-M50 & ATH-Pro700MK2 sounds great with songs like R&B, Hip-hop, Hard Rock and Punk.They produce quite a balance sound with deep & punchy bass.
If you prefer less bassy but detail separation, wider sound stage, good mids & high, AKGK550 will be a good choice.
- Best full-size or over-ear headset for iPod+amp within 300 dollars?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 15 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › Norse Audio: Feedback & Impression Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 49 seconds ago
- › Somic EFi-82 MT: Believe the Hype 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - Sennheiser IE800... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe