Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread - Page 28

post #406 of 416
Just because the PX100 has emphasized bass (and yes it is quite mid bass heavy), does not mean the Momentum isnt fulp. The Momentum's bass is incredibly linear, and there in pretty much every regard. Its just not tipped upwards like the PX100.
post #407 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashPC View Post
 

Yes, agree. But this is why I´d like to have some processing that can do at least something. It´s pretty natural thing to do when one does compromises. I just can´t wear some big closed headphones. Not for me unfortunately :-(.

 

 

Not sure about the PX100IIs, but there is no way to level the subbass on the original PX100s without running into mid and treble distortion due to increased diaphragm travel and loss of control with any sort of real volume.

 

Well I should bust out my brand new still in the box PX100 originals that I kept for backup....knowing how indispensable this headphone is to me....I had a backup pair new in the box..

post #408 of 416

It looks that PX100 II doesn´t have lower bass sensitivity or power output, so we run nowhere. I mostly lowered higher bass, and bossted at about 40Hz a little bit. What is more important is steepnes and selectivity of that filter (Q). With PC, you can do that as you wish. With analog devices or more basic devices as mobile phones are, you cannot do that, so you can´t get where you want to...

post #409 of 416
If you're running an Android phone you could do a lot worse than using Neutron MP. It has a built-in parametric EQ that will do all you want.
post #410 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashPC View Post
 

It looks that PX100 II doesn´t have lower bass sensitivity or power output, so we run nowhere. I mostly lowered higher bass, and bossted at about 40Hz a little bit. What is more important is steepnes and selectivity of that filter (Q). With PC, you can do that as you wish. With analog devices or more basic devices as mobile phones are, you cannot do that, so you can´t get where you want to...

 

I did something very similar to what you did, and lo and behold...LCD2 like bass, but at a moderate volume....certainly, don't underestimate the power of EQ.

post #411 of 416

Yes, I see, but it is nothing compared to real and serious processing. With full quad core horse power (mostly due to ability to dissipate more heat than phone) you really can do THINGS on PC :-)

post #412 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashPC View Post

Yes, I see, but it is nothing compared to real and serious processing. With full quad core horse power (mostly due to ability to dissipate more heat than phone) you really can do THINGS on PC :-)
I want an 8 core 4ghz CPU with dual GPU's when I finally decide to build one. wink.gif
post #413 of 416

I guess it won´t serve you for powering your PX 100s :-)

post #414 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post

 

The Sennheiser HD625.

 

 

  • Have you ever listened to AIAIAI Tracks or the V-Jays? How do these compare in your opinion?
  • On another direction, earbuds are generally even more lightweight and comfortable than ultra-portables without the disadvantages of IEM's. Have you ever listened to MX 985, MX 760 or even Apple earpods? Similar sound signature?
  • I know you are not into closed headphones currently, but some people say the K550 are like k702 with more bass. Also would like to know your opinion of them.

 

PS: would also be nice to have K702 Anniv, K712 and MA900 added to the OP


Edited by aristidesfl - 12/9/14 at 5:45pm
post #415 of 416
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristidesfl View Post

 

  • Have you ever listened to AIAIAI Tracks or the V-Jays? How do these compare in your opinion?
  • On another direction, earbuds are generally even more lightweight and comfortable than ultra-portables without the disadvantages of IEM's. Have you ever listened to MX 985, MX 760 or even Apple earpods? Similar sound signature?
  • I know you are not into closed headphones currently, but some people say the K550 are like k702 with more bass. Also would like to know your opinion of them.

 

PS: would also be nice to have K702 Anniv, K712 and MA900 added to the OP

 

Haven't heard the AIAIAI, but I did have the V-Jays (after reading the Headfonia portable roundup). Really wasn't a fan of them and thought they had way too much clamp.

 

Also don't have any experience with earbuds.

 

I've had the K550 twice. The first pair I really enjoyed and was my favorite closed headphone at the time, but I think the low amount of headband padding bothered me enough to get rid of them (either that or the size). With my second pair later on down the road, I wasn't as enthusiastic and didn't like the spike around 9-10k I believe. I've been very tempted on the K545 and read quite a bit about them, but never got around to buying them because I'm more of an IEM guy when it comes to portable. I'd say the safest bet for a "K702 with more bass" would probably be the Q701 followed by the K702 Annies. If it's a closed or portable you're specifically looking for, I'd say read up on the K545. On the other hand, I've seen some uber-cheap K550s out there... 

 

I loved, loved, loved the K702 Annie and was one of my all-time favs up with the HD650. I don't have it anymore, but I've got the K7XX arriving this month, and it should be an Annie clone. Didn't like the K712. I also still have my MA900 that hasn't sold in the classifieds yet. I could always add those two in the OP if you'd like, but I think it's safe to assume this review in general could use a bit of updating. I just lost interest for awhile and didn't care to spent the time editing/adding stuff. Didn't think people read stuff on the PX100-II anymore, ha!

post #416 of 416

Thank you for the quick reply. 

And try some earbuds, you might like them ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread