Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW | TDK BA200 | 'BACK TO BLACK'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW | TDK BA200 | 'BACK TO BLACK' - Page 8

post #106 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

 

The BA200 is also more affordable at MSRP, and at street prices (in the right countries). It's just a shame it's very difficult to find.



Thanks for the response :-)  I found a store in London but would there be customs fees shipping to the states?

post #107 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalist View Post

Thanks for the response :-)  I found a store in London but would there be customs fees shipping to the states?


I don't know what the customs fees would be, but another US user got it from Stereo in Singapore at a pretty good price. I can ask if there were any fees incurred through that purchase...

 

There may be even better places to buy it, but I'm not aware of it at the moment... TDK distribution really sucks, unfortunately.

post #108 of 174

Treoo.com sells it as well. They do ship worldwide and service is fantastic.

I'm getting BA200 from them (ETA 1-2 days) as my previous order for the GR07 fell through due to some issues.

post #109 of 174

This is real !@#$ good sounding IEM

post #110 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymonk View Post

Treoo.com sells it as well. They do ship worldwide and service is fantastic.

I'm getting BA200 from them (ETA 1-2 days) as my previous order for the GR07 fell through due to some issues.



Their site looks pretty good.  Can someone comment on pricing for me?  I'm still between a few sets, as mentioned in the previous post. These would be $269 including shipping from London.  Good/Bad?  I think shipping is what really bumps the cost up. 

post #111 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalist View Post

Their site looks pretty good.  Can someone comment on pricing for me?  I'm still between a few sets, as mentioned in the previous post. These would be $269 including shipping from London.  Good/Bad?  I think shipping is what really bumps the cost up. 


What else can you get for the same price out the door? In certain Asian countries, these can be had just a bit more than half that price, but it seems like these sellers don't ship internationally. I wouldn't be disappointed at $269 with regard to SQ, but if you can find something like the Shure SE425, which is almost as good in sound quality with better build quality and local retailers/warranty, I'd say that that's the better buy. The BA200 will hit US store shelves in the fall, and it will almost definitely be priced under the MSRP of $250. If you can wait that long, then that's an even better bet.

post #112 of 174

Date Ordered: Monday 02 April, 2012

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x TDK BA200 High fidelity (BA200) = £88.99
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £88.99

 

Lol! Worth the punt at that price! Won't mention were ordered from until we see what comes through my door in case they send something completely different!! 

 

If they do their head office is just 10 minutes away from my work place I'll go raging in demanding a refund! biggrin.gif

post #113 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalist View Post

Their site looks pretty good.  Can someone comment on pricing for me?  I'm still between a few sets, as mentioned in the previous post. These would be $269 including shipping from London.  Good/Bad?  I think shipping is what really bumps the cost up. 


What else can you get for the same price out the door? In certain Asian countries, these can be had just a bit more than half that price, but it seems like these sellers don't ship internationally. I wouldn't be disappointed at $269 with regard to SQ, but if you can find something like the Shure SE425, which is almost as good in sound quality with better build quality and local retailers/warranty, I'd say that that's the better buy. The BA200 will hit US store shelves in the fall, and it will almost definitely be priced under the MSRP of $250. If you can wait that long, then that's an even better bet.


I can get the Shure 425 for around $239 (315 around $175-200), Triplefi 10 for $180. I will admit that the TDK's in black look quite sexy smily_headphones1.gif I'm not a huge fan of clear.
post #114 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2A810wner View Post

Date Ordered: Monday 02 April, 2012

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x TDK BA200 High fidelity (BA200) = £88.99
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £88.99

 

Lol! Worth the punt at that price! Won't mention were ordered from until we see what comes through my door in case they send something completely different!! 

 

If they do their head office is just 10 minutes away from my work place I'll go raging in demanding a refund! biggrin.gif


 

Hope they aren't shooting "blanks". wink_face.gif

Let us know if it's legit.

 

post #115 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmai View Post


 

Hope they aren't shooting "blanks". wink_face.gif

Let us know if it's legit.

 


I know! They are a legit business though I've bought from them before and use to buy from their own shop plenty of times. Might check out the store during lunch tomorrow only 10 min walk away from my office. 

 

post #116 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2A810wner View Post


I know! They are a legit business though I've bought from them before and use to buy from their own shop plenty of times. Might check out the store during lunch tomorrow only 10 min walk away from my office. 

 



 I've found out the place that you had purchased it from lol. wink_face.gif

It's "Total Blank Media", isn't it?

Here a link: http://www.totalblankmedia.com/tdk-ba200-high-fidelity-p-3879.html

post #117 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeHere View Post



 I've found out the place that you had purchased it from lol. wink_face.gif

It's "Total Blank Media", isn't it?

Here a link: http://www.totalblankmedia.com/tdk-ba200-high-fidelity-p-3879.html


Sure is , but don't want anyone taking a risk if it turns out to be dud cool.gif I took the risk as they are so close to my work place down the road so I can storm in if it's dud! I should wait and check out the store but I'm impatient!

 

post #118 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2A810wner View Post

Date Ordered: Monday 02 April, 2012

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x TDK BA200 High fidelity (BA200) = £88.99
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £88.99

 

Lol! Worth the punt at that price! Won't mention were ordered from until we see what comes through my door in case they send something completely different!!

If they do their head office is just 10 minutes away from my work place I'll go raging in demanding a refund! biggrin.gif


Let's hope that it is legit! Finally, some hope for people not in Asia...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalist View Post
I can get the Shure 425 for around $239 (315 around $175-200), Triplefi 10 for $180. I will admit that the TDK's in black look quite sexy smily_headphones1.gif I'm not a huge fan of clear.


Isn't there a silver version of the 425? I wouldn't go for the 315 or the TF10, BTW. Anyways, let's see if this place p2A810wner ordered from pans out.

post #119 of 174

If they do turn out to be legit (providing they are and they have actual physical stock) I will be willing to help you guys out bigsmile_face.gif

post #120 of 174
I am in the states though going to Germany and London next month. Hmmm....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW | TDK BA200 | 'BACK TO BLACK'