- 145 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 5/25/13 at 11:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 62post #916 of 11723/3/13 at 3:43pmSteve mentioned a Dac on the phone with me that he said was very good and only $150. That one might be a good option, but I still don't understand if I need a balanced DAC. I hate being a Noob.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 11723/3/13 at 5:35pm^ Nothing in the changes described for the new Taboo model suggests a balanced DAC is needed or indeed can be used with it. What has changed is the Taboo III has balanced as well as single-ended headphone outs. There's quite a variety of DACs in use with Decware amps, at just about every price-point! One school of thought - which I agree with - is you should get a neutral, detailed and transparent DAC. This makes your life easier, with just the amp to tailor to your preferred sound. Which you can do *a lot* with these amps - they respond very well to different tubes.post #918 of 11723/4/13 at 3:40amQuote:
Was it the Odac? I'm thinking of using one of those with the Taboo this year and going for a better DAC next year.post #919 of 11723/4/13 at 9:46amNo, I am looking at the ODAC, but Steve mentioned something by Tascam. I will have to research it as I was in my car and didn't write down the model. I trust Steve's opinion though.post #920 of 11723/4/13 at 7:58pm
Balanced vs unbalanced. The only reason for balanced inputs or outputs is when long distances have to be covered by cable. I await the review of the Decware amp, I am anxious. I have the Taboo and CSP2+. I look forward to hearing about all the speakers at Decware too. There is currently a lot to look forward to in this thread. Please, include lots of pics.post #921 of 11723/4/13 at 8:30pmpost #922 of 11723/4/13 at 8:42pm
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the new HR-1 that's replaced my ERR's as Steve's current radial (well hybrid radial at least) design. They're significantly more "spendy" than my ERR's, but I love that he continues to use radials in some shape or form.post #923 of 11723/4/13 at 8:49pmI watched a couple of hours of Zenfest while they were listening to the HR-1's. I am not sure I should listen to them... lucky I drive a Prius and I can't fit them in the car! Seriously, it would be neat to hear them on the new monos. Yikes!post #924 of 11723/4/13 at 9:21pmThey would have a hard time pulling me out of that listening room come closing time. I wish they still offered the ERR speaker. It sounds like a good fit for me, but I am leaning towards the MG944. Still, I am concerned about a lack of power out of the Taboo and would hate to have to use my Onkyo to drive my new speakers.
First, I have to decide on a DAC and whether I should spend money on a balanced cable from Audeze or Toxic. I still have a couple months, but I am pretty indecisive. I still haven't given up the possibility of the LCD3.post #925 of 11723/4/13 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Landmantx
They would have a hard time pulling me out of that listening room come closing time. I wish they still offered the ERR speaker. It sounds like a good fit for me, but I am leaning towards the MG944. Still, I am concerned about a lack of power out of the Taboo and would hate to have to use my Onkyo to drive my new speakers.
First, I have to decide on a DAC and whether I should spend money on a balanced cable from Audeze or Toxic. I still have a couple months, but I am pretty indecisive. I still haven't given up the possibility of the LCD3.
We'll have to find some time soon when you can listen to my Taboo + LCD-3 (at least before I sell the LCD-3). Maybe we can organize a very small meet. I know I'll need to get back together with Nick Dangerous soon as he and I swapped rectifiers at the Austin meet. I'll touch base with Nick and see if we can't set something up.post #926 of 11723/4/13 at 11:56pmQuote:
Using a balanced cable with the Taboo Mkiii just allows bypass of the Lucid mode.
The power will be the same for both 1/4 inch and balanced XLR.post #927 of 11723/5/13 at 4:39ampost #928 of 11723/5/13 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
We'll have to find some time soon when you can listen to my Taboo + LCD-3 (at least before I sell the LCD-3). Maybe we can organize a very small meet. I know I'll need to get back together with Nick Dangerous soon as he and I swapped rectifiers at the Austin meet. I'll touch base with Nick and see if we can't set something up.
Monday the 11th or Thursday the 14th works for me. C'mon by & I have an ample-sized community room here (where I host the Dallas Head-Fi meets). I'll also provide a demo of the Concero DAC. It isn't balanced, but if you need that the X-Sabre will do & has a similar sonic signature.post #929 of 11723/5/13 at 5:43am
According to UPS the amp is out for delivery so I will have it today. I am looking forward to the process and in a couple weeks DMinches will be here so we can compare the two Taboo amps and also use the csp2 with the mpa with and without. My review should take a good 4-5 weeks to complete. The headphones I will use will be the LCDw2,LCD3,HD800,AT3000,Beyer 770 80 ohms so I have a pretty good variety of different cans to work with.
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › M50s overrated? 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2, plus comparisons (Added ER4S) 4 minutes ago
- › NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD 4 minutes ago
- › VModa M80s - Weird Static Sound 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 8 minutes ago
- › FINAL PRICE DROP: Mr Speakers Mad Dogs with Dog Pads (version 3.1) 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe