- 146 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 5/25/13 at 11:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 62post #916 of 12073/3/13 at 3:43pmSteve mentioned a Dac on the phone with me that he said was very good and only $150. That one might be a good option, but I still don't understand if I need a balanced DAC. I hate being a Noob.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 12073/3/13 at 5:35pm^ Nothing in the changes described for the new Taboo model suggests a balanced DAC is needed or indeed can be used with it. What has changed is the Taboo III has balanced as well as single-ended headphone outs. There's quite a variety of DACs in use with Decware amps, at just about every price-point! One school of thought - which I agree with - is you should get a neutral, detailed and transparent DAC. This makes your life easier, with just the amp to tailor to your preferred sound. Which you can do *a lot* with these amps - they respond very well to different tubes.post #918 of 12073/4/13 at 3:40amQuote:
Was it the Odac? I'm thinking of using one of those with the Taboo this year and going for a better DAC next year.post #919 of 12073/4/13 at 9:46amNo, I am looking at the ODAC, but Steve mentioned something by Tascam. I will have to research it as I was in my car and didn't write down the model. I trust Steve's opinion though.post #920 of 12073/4/13 at 7:58pm
Balanced vs unbalanced. The only reason for balanced inputs or outputs is when long distances have to be covered by cable. I await the review of the Decware amp, I am anxious. I have the Taboo and CSP2+. I look forward to hearing about all the speakers at Decware too. There is currently a lot to look forward to in this thread. Please, include lots of pics.post #921 of 12073/4/13 at 8:30pmpost #922 of 12073/4/13 at 8:42pm
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the new HR-1 that's replaced my ERR's as Steve's current radial (well hybrid radial at least) design. They're significantly more "spendy" than my ERR's, but I love that he continues to use radials in some shape or form.post #923 of 12073/4/13 at 8:49pmI watched a couple of hours of Zenfest while they were listening to the HR-1's. I am not sure I should listen to them... lucky I drive a Prius and I can't fit them in the car! Seriously, it would be neat to hear them on the new monos. Yikes!post #924 of 12073/4/13 at 9:21pmThey would have a hard time pulling me out of that listening room come closing time. I wish they still offered the ERR speaker. It sounds like a good fit for me, but I am leaning towards the MG944. Still, I am concerned about a lack of power out of the Taboo and would hate to have to use my Onkyo to drive my new speakers.
First, I have to decide on a DAC and whether I should spend money on a balanced cable from Audeze or Toxic. I still have a couple months, but I am pretty indecisive. I still haven't given up the possibility of the LCD3.post #925 of 12073/4/13 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Landmantx
They would have a hard time pulling me out of that listening room come closing time. I wish they still offered the ERR speaker. It sounds like a good fit for me, but I am leaning towards the MG944. Still, I am concerned about a lack of power out of the Taboo and would hate to have to use my Onkyo to drive my new speakers.
First, I have to decide on a DAC and whether I should spend money on a balanced cable from Audeze or Toxic. I still have a couple months, but I am pretty indecisive. I still haven't given up the possibility of the LCD3.
We'll have to find some time soon when you can listen to my Taboo + LCD-3 (at least before I sell the LCD-3). Maybe we can organize a very small meet. I know I'll need to get back together with Nick Dangerous soon as he and I swapped rectifiers at the Austin meet. I'll touch base with Nick and see if we can't set something up.post #926 of 12073/4/13 at 11:56pmQuote:
Using a balanced cable with the Taboo Mkiii just allows bypass of the Lucid mode.
The power will be the same for both 1/4 inch and balanced XLR.post #927 of 12073/5/13 at 4:39ampost #928 of 12073/5/13 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
We'll have to find some time soon when you can listen to my Taboo + LCD-3 (at least before I sell the LCD-3). Maybe we can organize a very small meet. I know I'll need to get back together with Nick Dangerous soon as he and I swapped rectifiers at the Austin meet. I'll touch base with Nick and see if we can't set something up.
Monday the 11th or Thursday the 14th works for me. C'mon by & I have an ample-sized community room here (where I host the Dallas Head-Fi meets). I'll also provide a demo of the Concero DAC. It isn't balanced, but if you need that the X-Sabre will do & has a similar sonic signature.post #929 of 12073/5/13 at 5:43am
According to UPS the amp is out for delivery so I will have it today. I am looking forward to the process and in a couple weeks DMinches will be here so we can compare the two Taboo amps and also use the csp2 with the mpa with and without. My review should take a good 4-5 weeks to complete. The headphones I will use will be the LCDw2,LCD3,HD800,AT3000,Beyer 770 80 ohms so I have a pretty good variety of different cans to work with.
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 12 seconds ago
- › Any old fart head-fi'ers still around? 41 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › New headphone advice for a newbie 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Perfect conditon ibasso DX50 2 minutes ago
- › Question about MisterTao 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)