- 146 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 9/16/14 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 62post #916 of 12163/3/13 at 3:43pmSteve mentioned a Dac on the phone with me that he said was very good and only $150. That one might be a good option, but I still don't understand if I need a balanced DAC. I hate being a Noob.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 12163/3/13 at 5:35pm^ Nothing in the changes described for the new Taboo model suggests a balanced DAC is needed or indeed can be used with it. What has changed is the Taboo III has balanced as well as single-ended headphone outs. There's quite a variety of DACs in use with Decware amps, at just about every price-point! One school of thought - which I agree with - is you should get a neutral, detailed and transparent DAC. This makes your life easier, with just the amp to tailor to your preferred sound. Which you can do *a lot* with these amps - they respond very well to different tubes.post #918 of 12163/4/13 at 3:40amQuote:
Was it the Odac? I'm thinking of using one of those with the Taboo this year and going for a better DAC next year.post #919 of 12163/4/13 at 9:46amNo, I am looking at the ODAC, but Steve mentioned something by Tascam. I will have to research it as I was in my car and didn't write down the model. I trust Steve's opinion though.post #920 of 12163/4/13 at 7:58pm
Balanced vs unbalanced. The only reason for balanced inputs or outputs is when long distances have to be covered by cable. I await the review of the Decware amp, I am anxious. I have the Taboo and CSP2+. I look forward to hearing about all the speakers at Decware too. There is currently a lot to look forward to in this thread. Please, include lots of pics.post #921 of 12163/4/13 at 8:30pmpost #922 of 12163/4/13 at 8:42pm
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the new HR-1 that's replaced my ERR's as Steve's current radial (well hybrid radial at least) design. They're significantly more "spendy" than my ERR's, but I love that he continues to use radials in some shape or form.post #923 of 12163/4/13 at 8:49pmI watched a couple of hours of Zenfest while they were listening to the HR-1's. I am not sure I should listen to them... lucky I drive a Prius and I can't fit them in the car! Seriously, it would be neat to hear them on the new monos. Yikes!post #924 of 12163/4/13 at 9:21pmThey would have a hard time pulling me out of that listening room come closing time. I wish they still offered the ERR speaker. It sounds like a good fit for me, but I am leaning towards the MG944. Still, I am concerned about a lack of power out of the Taboo and would hate to have to use my Onkyo to drive my new speakers.
First, I have to decide on a DAC and whether I should spend money on a balanced cable from Audeze or Toxic. I still have a couple months, but I am pretty indecisive. I still haven't given up the possibility of the LCD3.post #925 of 12163/4/13 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Landmantx
They would have a hard time pulling me out of that listening room come closing time. I wish they still offered the ERR speaker. It sounds like a good fit for me, but I am leaning towards the MG944. Still, I am concerned about a lack of power out of the Taboo and would hate to have to use my Onkyo to drive my new speakers.
First, I have to decide on a DAC and whether I should spend money on a balanced cable from Audeze or Toxic. I still have a couple months, but I am pretty indecisive. I still haven't given up the possibility of the LCD3.
We'll have to find some time soon when you can listen to my Taboo + LCD-3 (at least before I sell the LCD-3). Maybe we can organize a very small meet. I know I'll need to get back together with Nick Dangerous soon as he and I swapped rectifiers at the Austin meet. I'll touch base with Nick and see if we can't set something up.post #926 of 12163/4/13 at 11:56pmQuote:
Using a balanced cable with the Taboo Mkiii just allows bypass of the Lucid mode.
The power will be the same for both 1/4 inch and balanced XLR.post #927 of 12163/5/13 at 4:39ampost #928 of 12163/5/13 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
We'll have to find some time soon when you can listen to my Taboo + LCD-3 (at least before I sell the LCD-3). Maybe we can organize a very small meet. I know I'll need to get back together with Nick Dangerous soon as he and I swapped rectifiers at the Austin meet. I'll touch base with Nick and see if we can't set something up.
Monday the 11th or Thursday the 14th works for me. C'mon by & I have an ample-sized community room here (where I host the Dallas Head-Fi meets). I'll also provide a demo of the Concero DAC. It isn't balanced, but if you need that the X-Sabre will do & has a similar sonic signature.post #929 of 12163/5/13 at 5:43am
According to UPS the amp is out for delivery so I will have it today. I am looking forward to the process and in a couple weeks DMinches will be here so we can compare the two Taboo amps and also use the csp2 with the mpa with and without. My review should take a good 4-5 weeks to complete. The headphones I will use will be the LCDw2,LCD3,HD800,AT3000,Beyer 770 80 ohms so I have a pretty good variety of different cans to work with.post #930 of 12163/5/13 at 6:05am
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chord Hugo 14 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 18 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 42 seconds ago
- › stax SRD-7 adapter capacitor replacement question? noob question 43 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 2 minutes ago
- › Marshall Mode EQ, a very underrated set 2 minutes ago
- › RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology. 4 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2