- 7,598 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NW Wisconsin
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 9/16/14 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
DUNU TITAN 5 Quick Review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806906/dunu-titan-5-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU have triplets. Price: £95 or...
For larger (1200 x 800) images, click any pictureINTRODUCTION A lot of you will see the style and information with this review as being pretty similar to the one I did on the AM2. And the reality...
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 42post #616 of 123511/6/12 at 7:08amDenon 103 is a classic good value cartridge. I had a Denon TT years ago and I wish I had kept it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #617 of 123511/7/12 at 4:20am
Original from Frimpy.... "Would like to upgrade PHONO STAGE from Cambridge 551P any ideas. Can't financially do a Decware phono pre at this time, $500 or under any ideas.
Audio decisions can be tough, get less expensive phono pre now or wait and save for a Decware phono pre ???"
I asked a question a few days ago on this thread and I want to thank all of you that responded with advise. I will be taking your advise and wait.
What a great group of folks on this thread I thank you again.
Frimpypost #618 of 123511/7/12 at 6:32ampost #619 of 123511/7/12 at 3:42pmpost #620 of 123511/7/12 at 9:21pm
Installed the USAF 596 rectifier tube in my CSP2+. Larger soundstage, more realistic sounding classical guitars, better separation, made my whole system better. I run the CSP2+ into a TABOO. I wonder if having another 596 tube installed in the TABOO would make near as much difference. The plates in the 596 are twice as long as the rectifier I was using.post #621 of 123511/8/12 at 9:28ampost #622 of 123511/8/12 at 10:46ampost #623 of 123511/8/12 at 10:48ampost #624 of 123511/8/12 at 1:57pm
Received brand new Decware SE34i.5 yesterday, oh my what a day. Still excited about toys at 58 years old.
Pics of how well it was packed. Oh my gosh packed better than an infant in a winter blizzard.post #625 of 123511/8/12 at 2:07pm
My new Decware SE34i.5 unpacked. Had it running for a while last night and most of the day today. Was running a Mapletree 2A SE preamp and a HK Citation 19 power amp. (100w. RMS ). Pushing my Klipsch Quartets with 6 watts does sound just fine thru my cd player, there is enough oomph even for rock n roll. Now the turntable is a different story. My present phono stage is a cambridge 551p with only 39db of gain....not really enough for me. Spoke with Steve at Decware for about an hour today ( great guy easy to talk and discuss problems and options with. (No one else I know in this business is as honest,sincere and will help guide you in a direction for your needs not his.)
Anyway we (Steve and I ) decided to go ahead with my DNA speakers, I was worried about there being enough oomph to power them since they are 89db and my klipsch's are 97 db...
Steve advised that the Decware Z3 phono stage with resolve this issue.....I've also order some 6n2p tubes from Russia should help me with my phono gain issue.
Sorry if my previous pics took up to much room, wanted to show how well this amp was packed.
Sound.wise...its all its said to be. More to follow as it burns in.post #626 of 123511/8/12 at 3:47pmpost #627 of 123511/8/12 at 4:37pmpost #628 of 123511/9/12 at 12:58ampost #629 of 123511/9/12 at 6:35am
I run old Hammond Organ EL84s in my TABOO and I went with a 12AU7 after comparing it to the 12AT7 and the 12AT7A. There seems to be more bite with the AT. That new amp you got is sweet. Piano recordings sound more realistic with the 596 rectifier.
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 22 seconds ago
- › New to Audio 28 seconds ago
- › Bass crackling if not equalized... why? 1 minute ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Show Newport Beach Over 88800 attended last year. Headphonium... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse