- 6,640 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NW Wisconsin
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 9/16/14 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 42post #616 of 121611/6/12 at 7:08amDenon 103 is a classic good value cartridge. I had a Denon TT years ago and I wish I had kept it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #617 of 121611/7/12 at 4:20am
Original from Frimpy.... "Would like to upgrade PHONO STAGE from Cambridge 551P any ideas. Can't financially do a Decware phono pre at this time, $500 or under any ideas.
Audio decisions can be tough, get less expensive phono pre now or wait and save for a Decware phono pre ???"
I asked a question a few days ago on this thread and I want to thank all of you that responded with advise. I will be taking your advise and wait.
What a great group of folks on this thread I thank you again.
Frimpypost #618 of 121611/7/12 at 6:32ampost #619 of 121611/7/12 at 3:42pmpost #620 of 121611/7/12 at 9:21pm
Installed the USAF 596 rectifier tube in my CSP2+. Larger soundstage, more realistic sounding classical guitars, better separation, made my whole system better. I run the CSP2+ into a TABOO. I wonder if having another 596 tube installed in the TABOO would make near as much difference. The plates in the 596 are twice as long as the rectifier I was using.post #621 of 121611/8/12 at 9:28ampost #622 of 121611/8/12 at 10:46ampost #623 of 121611/8/12 at 10:48ampost #624 of 121611/8/12 at 1:57pm
Received brand new Decware SE34i.5 yesterday, oh my what a day. Still excited about toys at 58 years old.
Pics of how well it was packed. Oh my gosh packed better than an infant in a winter blizzard.post #625 of 121611/8/12 at 2:07pm
My new Decware SE34i.5 unpacked. Had it running for a while last night and most of the day today. Was running a Mapletree 2A SE preamp and a HK Citation 19 power amp. (100w. RMS ). Pushing my Klipsch Quartets with 6 watts does sound just fine thru my cd player, there is enough oomph even for rock n roll. Now the turntable is a different story. My present phono stage is a cambridge 551p with only 39db of gain....not really enough for me. Spoke with Steve at Decware for about an hour today ( great guy easy to talk and discuss problems and options with. (No one else I know in this business is as honest,sincere and will help guide you in a direction for your needs not his.)
Anyway we (Steve and I ) decided to go ahead with my DNA speakers, I was worried about there being enough oomph to power them since they are 89db and my klipsch's are 97 db...
Steve advised that the Decware Z3 phono stage with resolve this issue.....I've also order some 6n2p tubes from Russia should help me with my phono gain issue.
Sorry if my previous pics took up to much room, wanted to show how well this amp was packed.
Sound.wise...its all its said to be. More to follow as it burns in.post #626 of 121611/8/12 at 3:47pmpost #627 of 121611/8/12 at 4:37pmpost #628 of 121611/9/12 at 12:58ampost #629 of 121611/9/12 at 6:35am
I run old Hammond Organ EL84s in my TABOO and I went with a 12AU7 after comparing it to the 12AT7 and the 12AT7A. There seems to be more bite with the AT. That new amp you got is sweet. Piano recordings sound more realistic with the 596 rectifier.
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Interview With Sony: NW-ZX2... Your Questions Answered 34 seconds ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 1 minute ago
- › stuck with the decision of new headphones 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vintage Sony TA 3650 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 /... 3 minutes ago
- › Budget wireless headphone recommendations? 4 minutes ago
- › I can't make up my mind 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3