- 7,132 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NW Wisconsin
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 9/16/14 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 42post #616 of 123311/6/12 at 7:08amDenon 103 is a classic good value cartridge. I had a Denon TT years ago and I wish I had kept it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #617 of 123311/7/12 at 4:20am
Original from Frimpy.... "Would like to upgrade PHONO STAGE from Cambridge 551P any ideas. Can't financially do a Decware phono pre at this time, $500 or under any ideas.
Audio decisions can be tough, get less expensive phono pre now or wait and save for a Decware phono pre ???"
I asked a question a few days ago on this thread and I want to thank all of you that responded with advise. I will be taking your advise and wait.
What a great group of folks on this thread I thank you again.
Frimpypost #618 of 123311/7/12 at 6:32ampost #619 of 123311/7/12 at 3:42pmpost #620 of 123311/7/12 at 9:21pm
Installed the USAF 596 rectifier tube in my CSP2+. Larger soundstage, more realistic sounding classical guitars, better separation, made my whole system better. I run the CSP2+ into a TABOO. I wonder if having another 596 tube installed in the TABOO would make near as much difference. The plates in the 596 are twice as long as the rectifier I was using.post #621 of 123311/8/12 at 9:28ampost #622 of 123311/8/12 at 10:46ampost #623 of 123311/8/12 at 10:48ampost #624 of 123311/8/12 at 1:57pm
Received brand new Decware SE34i.5 yesterday, oh my what a day. Still excited about toys at 58 years old.
Pics of how well it was packed. Oh my gosh packed better than an infant in a winter blizzard.post #625 of 123311/8/12 at 2:07pm
My new Decware SE34i.5 unpacked. Had it running for a while last night and most of the day today. Was running a Mapletree 2A SE preamp and a HK Citation 19 power amp. (100w. RMS ). Pushing my Klipsch Quartets with 6 watts does sound just fine thru my cd player, there is enough oomph even for rock n roll. Now the turntable is a different story. My present phono stage is a cambridge 551p with only 39db of gain....not really enough for me. Spoke with Steve at Decware for about an hour today ( great guy easy to talk and discuss problems and options with. (No one else I know in this business is as honest,sincere and will help guide you in a direction for your needs not his.)
Anyway we (Steve and I ) decided to go ahead with my DNA speakers, I was worried about there being enough oomph to power them since they are 89db and my klipsch's are 97 db...
Steve advised that the Decware Z3 phono stage with resolve this issue.....I've also order some 6n2p tubes from Russia should help me with my phono gain issue.
Sorry if my previous pics took up to much room, wanted to show how well this amp was packed.
Sound.wise...its all its said to be. More to follow as it burns in.post #626 of 123311/8/12 at 3:47pmpost #627 of 123311/8/12 at 4:37pmpost #628 of 123311/9/12 at 12:58ampost #629 of 123311/9/12 at 6:35am
I run old Hammond Organ EL84s in my TABOO and I went with a 12AU7 after comparing it to the 12AT7 and the 12AT7A. There seems to be more bite with the AT. That new amp you got is sweet. Piano recordings sound more realistic with the 596 rectifier.
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › LyxPro HAS-10 vs. Monoprice 108323 vs. JVC HARX900 vs. JVC HAS660 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › TOTALDAC DAC 7 minutes ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 7 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2