- 7,680 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NW Wisconsin
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 9/16/14 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 42post #616 of 123511/6/12 at 7:08amDenon 103 is a classic good value cartridge. I had a Denon TT years ago and I wish I had kept it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #617 of 123511/7/12 at 4:20am
Original from Frimpy.... "Would like to upgrade PHONO STAGE from Cambridge 551P any ideas. Can't financially do a Decware phono pre at this time, $500 or under any ideas.
Audio decisions can be tough, get less expensive phono pre now or wait and save for a Decware phono pre ???"
I asked a question a few days ago on this thread and I want to thank all of you that responded with advise. I will be taking your advise and wait.
What a great group of folks on this thread I thank you again.
Frimpypost #618 of 123511/7/12 at 6:32ampost #619 of 123511/7/12 at 3:42pmpost #620 of 123511/7/12 at 9:21pm
Installed the USAF 596 rectifier tube in my CSP2+. Larger soundstage, more realistic sounding classical guitars, better separation, made my whole system better. I run the CSP2+ into a TABOO. I wonder if having another 596 tube installed in the TABOO would make near as much difference. The plates in the 596 are twice as long as the rectifier I was using.post #621 of 123511/8/12 at 9:28ampost #622 of 123511/8/12 at 10:46ampost #623 of 123511/8/12 at 10:48ampost #624 of 123511/8/12 at 1:57pm
Received brand new Decware SE34i.5 yesterday, oh my what a day. Still excited about toys at 58 years old.
Pics of how well it was packed. Oh my gosh packed better than an infant in a winter blizzard.post #625 of 123511/8/12 at 2:07pm
My new Decware SE34i.5 unpacked. Had it running for a while last night and most of the day today. Was running a Mapletree 2A SE preamp and a HK Citation 19 power amp. (100w. RMS ). Pushing my Klipsch Quartets with 6 watts does sound just fine thru my cd player, there is enough oomph even for rock n roll. Now the turntable is a different story. My present phono stage is a cambridge 551p with only 39db of gain....not really enough for me. Spoke with Steve at Decware for about an hour today ( great guy easy to talk and discuss problems and options with. (No one else I know in this business is as honest,sincere and will help guide you in a direction for your needs not his.)
Anyway we (Steve and I ) decided to go ahead with my DNA speakers, I was worried about there being enough oomph to power them since they are 89db and my klipsch's are 97 db...
Steve advised that the Decware Z3 phono stage with resolve this issue.....I've also order some 6n2p tubes from Russia should help me with my phono gain issue.
Sorry if my previous pics took up to much room, wanted to show how well this amp was packed.
Sound.wise...its all its said to be. More to follow as it burns in.post #626 of 123511/8/12 at 3:47pmpost #627 of 123511/8/12 at 4:37pmpost #628 of 123511/9/12 at 12:58ampost #629 of 123511/9/12 at 6:35am
I run old Hammond Organ EL84s in my TABOO and I went with a 12AU7 after comparing it to the 12AT7 and the 12AT7A. There seems to be more bite with the AT. That new amp you got is sweet. Piano recordings sound more realistic with the 596 rectifier.
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Earbuds Round-Up 26 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 26 seconds ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 Uber 49 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 59 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535 and Ultimate Ears UE900S 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...