- 5,951 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: NW Wisconsin
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 9/16/14 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 42post #616 of 120711/6/12 at 7:08amDenon 103 is a classic good value cartridge. I had a Denon TT years ago and I wish I had kept it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #617 of 120711/7/12 at 4:20am
Original from Frimpy.... "Would like to upgrade PHONO STAGE from Cambridge 551P any ideas. Can't financially do a Decware phono pre at this time, $500 or under any ideas.
Audio decisions can be tough, get less expensive phono pre now or wait and save for a Decware phono pre ???"
I asked a question a few days ago on this thread and I want to thank all of you that responded with advise. I will be taking your advise and wait.
What a great group of folks on this thread I thank you again.
Frimpypost #618 of 120711/7/12 at 6:32ampost #619 of 120711/7/12 at 3:42pmpost #620 of 120711/7/12 at 9:21pm
Installed the USAF 596 rectifier tube in my CSP2+. Larger soundstage, more realistic sounding classical guitars, better separation, made my whole system better. I run the CSP2+ into a TABOO. I wonder if having another 596 tube installed in the TABOO would make near as much difference. The plates in the 596 are twice as long as the rectifier I was using.post #621 of 120711/8/12 at 9:28ampost #622 of 120711/8/12 at 10:46ampost #623 of 120711/8/12 at 10:48ampost #624 of 120711/8/12 at 1:57pm
Received brand new Decware SE34i.5 yesterday, oh my what a day. Still excited about toys at 58 years old.
Pics of how well it was packed. Oh my gosh packed better than an infant in a winter blizzard.post #625 of 120711/8/12 at 2:07pm
My new Decware SE34i.5 unpacked. Had it running for a while last night and most of the day today. Was running a Mapletree 2A SE preamp and a HK Citation 19 power amp. (100w. RMS ). Pushing my Klipsch Quartets with 6 watts does sound just fine thru my cd player, there is enough oomph even for rock n roll. Now the turntable is a different story. My present phono stage is a cambridge 551p with only 39db of gain....not really enough for me. Spoke with Steve at Decware for about an hour today ( great guy easy to talk and discuss problems and options with. (No one else I know in this business is as honest,sincere and will help guide you in a direction for your needs not his.)
Anyway we (Steve and I ) decided to go ahead with my DNA speakers, I was worried about there being enough oomph to power them since they are 89db and my klipsch's are 97 db...
Steve advised that the Decware Z3 phono stage with resolve this issue.....I've also order some 6n2p tubes from Russia should help me with my phono gain issue.
Sorry if my previous pics took up to much room, wanted to show how well this amp was packed.
Sound.wise...its all its said to be. More to follow as it burns in.post #626 of 120711/8/12 at 3:47pmpost #627 of 120711/8/12 at 4:37pmpost #628 of 120711/9/12 at 12:58ampost #629 of 120711/9/12 at 6:35am
I run old Hammond Organ EL84s in my TABOO and I went with a 12AU7 after comparing it to the 12AT7 and the 12AT7A. There seems to be more bite with the AT. That new amp you got is sweet. Piano recordings sound more realistic with the 596 rectifier.
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FiiO E12 or E17? 4 seconds ago
- › New Bryston BDA-2 DAC Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › HD 598 Replacement 42 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for portables <$400 3 minutes ago
- › Selling my much loved NWZ-Z1060 32GB MP3 Player 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Can you decide an IEM just based on specs? 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)