What! I never realized that either! I always thought it was at least twice that size. How big is the Taboo in relation to the Mini?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 9/16/14 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 12162/2/12 at 6:34pmQuote:
Taboo is7.25WX14.75 deep and weighs 17 p0unds mini torri is12.125WX9.125 deep and weighs 14 lbs.both are single ended pentode designs the Taboo is 6W and the mini Torri is . 3.3w into 4ohms
Edited by Frank I - 2/2/12 at 6:36pmpost #18 of 12162/2/12 at 6:36pmQuote:How big is the Taboo in relation to the Mini?
Longer and thinner. 7.1/4 x 14 3/4 for both Taboo & CSP2+
Speaking of which -- how long was it from winding transformers to delivery?
Mine started getting wound yesterday. I think I'll luck out at about 3 months of waiting. End of Nov - End of Feb.post #19 of 12162/2/12 at 7:19pm
@Nyvar - 2-3 weeks. But mine was delayed by Christmas shipping (to New Zealand) too. Hopefully quicker for you.
I was so tempted by the MiniTorii. The better looking to me. But too many tubes to replace/roll <sigh>
And I have no regrets with the Taboopost #20 of 12162/2/12 at 8:25pm
Subscribed. I am about to pull the trigger on a CSP2+ and T1 within the next two months now that my financial situation is looking better. I've owned Decware's power cords and interconnects for a year or so now and they definitely improved the performance of my Ref 9 and C2-SA/AD2000 rig by a noticeable margin. Plus Steve's excellent customer service and LIFETIME WARRANTY(!!!) on their products makes them the most underrated amp maker on this site. Thanks for starting this thread!
-Danielpost #21 of 12162/3/12 at 2:39am
@AiDee: Earlier this week they said 2 -3 weeks, but they said 2 -3 weeks 3 weeks ago too. ;) But now something is happening to it.Quote:I've owned Decware's power cords and interconnects
Do you have the Silver Xhadow? It's been an ongoing debate with myself on whether I should upgrade my order to the Xhadow, or leave it with the regular connectors.post #22 of 12162/3/12 at 7:17amThread Starter
Yeah I had called them when I was waiting for my mini but they have great customer service and answered all my questions very patiently. Its like that Tom Petty song....The waiting is always the hardest part....lolpost #23 of 12162/3/12 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nyvar
@AiDee: Earlier this week they said 2 -3 weeks, but they said 2 -3 weeks 3 weeks ago too. ;) But now something is happening to it.
Do you have the Silver Xhadow? It's been an ongoing debate with myself on whether I should upgrade my order to the Xhadow, or leave it with the regular connectors.
What is the Silver shadow?post #24 of 12162/3/12 at 12:39pmQuote:What is the Silver shadow?
TOTL RCA interconnects:
Here's a review of them. Decware offers them as an alternative connector. But they ain't cheap. However, cheaper now than waiting and deciding to try them and buying a new set altogether. Despite being something of a convert based on my experiences with the W4S tweaks, it's in the area of diminishing returns. But still....post #25 of 12162/3/12 at 2:13pm
@Nyvar - after I ordered and when I realised the queue wasn't moving fast I just forgot about it!! Luckily, my life was (and is) frantically busy...at any other time it would've been very hard.
100% worth the wait though
To sum up my impressions to date, the Taboo is unflappable - never sounds like it's struggling. Seems to deliver what the music demands at each instant, no more no less. By this I mean it doesn't seem to artificially heighten or reduce anything. This gives it a "mature" sound if that makes sense.
There's an even-ness and balance in the way it presents piano notes - fundamentals and harmonics - that makes it easy to hear the layers and colors in the music. (I mention piano because this is the one instrument I have played and know well). I noticed when I did a DACs comparison last year that a bass or lower mids emphasis favors fundamentals; an upper mids/treble emphasis favors hamonics. Figures, when you think about it! If there's too much tendency either way it distorts the tone colors and possibly the musical intentions).
Similarly, the shifting instrumental and vocal layers in music generally seem easier to hear and follow. I have heard subtle effects I simply never noticed before. I think that's probably related to what I just described about piano.post #26 of 12162/3/12 at 2:24pmpost #27 of 12162/3/12 at 5:30pmQuote:this thread is tempting me to start listening to headphones again...
Assuming you're using speakers, Decware is still the place to go. The CSP2 was originally designed as a pre-amp, and I believe is the only full sized amp they make that comes with hp out, it's an option at an additional cost with the Taboo. The Zen Torii MKIII is an heirloom worthy work of art, and I have no doubt performs magnificently. Just sayin' you don't have to go back to headphones to enjoy them.post #28 of 12162/3/12 at 5:33pmQuote:
Dude you are so ready to order the Deware setup/ Man the 944 speakers and the Taboo with the CSP2 and your so done. Get the Taboo headphone option and for like what you we e going to spend on that Cavalli this will cost use 3200 delivered and talk to Steve he may wheel and deal on three pieces to soften the blow. Man oh man you therepost #29 of 12162/3/12 at 5:44pmThread Starter
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 6 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Sugestion for Sennheiser HD-650 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need help in planning speaker set-up. (New in speakers..) 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2