What! I never realized that either! I always thought it was at least twice that size. How big is the Taboo in relation to the Mini?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 5/25/13 at 11:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 12072/2/12 at 6:34pmQuote:
Taboo is7.25WX14.75 deep and weighs 17 p0unds mini torri is12.125WX9.125 deep and weighs 14 lbs.both are single ended pentode designs the Taboo is 6W and the mini Torri is . 3.3w into 4ohms
Edited by Frank I - 2/2/12 at 6:36pmpost #18 of 12072/2/12 at 6:36pmQuote:How big is the Taboo in relation to the Mini?
Longer and thinner. 7.1/4 x 14 3/4 for both Taboo & CSP2+
Speaking of which -- how long was it from winding transformers to delivery?
Mine started getting wound yesterday. I think I'll luck out at about 3 months of waiting. End of Nov - End of Feb.post #19 of 12072/2/12 at 7:19pm
@Nyvar - 2-3 weeks. But mine was delayed by Christmas shipping (to New Zealand) too. Hopefully quicker for you.
I was so tempted by the MiniTorii. The better looking to me. But too many tubes to replace/roll <sigh>
And I have no regrets with the Taboopost #20 of 12072/2/12 at 8:25pm
Subscribed. I am about to pull the trigger on a CSP2+ and T1 within the next two months now that my financial situation is looking better. I've owned Decware's power cords and interconnects for a year or so now and they definitely improved the performance of my Ref 9 and C2-SA/AD2000 rig by a noticeable margin. Plus Steve's excellent customer service and LIFETIME WARRANTY(!!!) on their products makes them the most underrated amp maker on this site. Thanks for starting this thread!
-Danielpost #21 of 12072/3/12 at 2:39am
@AiDee: Earlier this week they said 2 -3 weeks, but they said 2 -3 weeks 3 weeks ago too. ;) But now something is happening to it.Quote:I've owned Decware's power cords and interconnects
Do you have the Silver Xhadow? It's been an ongoing debate with myself on whether I should upgrade my order to the Xhadow, or leave it with the regular connectors.post #22 of 12072/3/12 at 7:17amThread Starter
Yeah I had called them when I was waiting for my mini but they have great customer service and answered all my questions very patiently. Its like that Tom Petty song....The waiting is always the hardest part....lolpost #23 of 12072/3/12 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nyvar
@AiDee: Earlier this week they said 2 -3 weeks, but they said 2 -3 weeks 3 weeks ago too. ;) But now something is happening to it.
Do you have the Silver Xhadow? It's been an ongoing debate with myself on whether I should upgrade my order to the Xhadow, or leave it with the regular connectors.
What is the Silver shadow?post #24 of 12072/3/12 at 12:39pmQuote:What is the Silver shadow?
TOTL RCA interconnects:
Here's a review of them. Decware offers them as an alternative connector. But they ain't cheap. However, cheaper now than waiting and deciding to try them and buying a new set altogether. Despite being something of a convert based on my experiences with the W4S tweaks, it's in the area of diminishing returns. But still....post #25 of 12072/3/12 at 2:13pm
@Nyvar - after I ordered and when I realised the queue wasn't moving fast I just forgot about it!! Luckily, my life was (and is) frantically busy...at any other time it would've been very hard.
100% worth the wait though
To sum up my impressions to date, the Taboo is unflappable - never sounds like it's struggling. Seems to deliver what the music demands at each instant, no more no less. By this I mean it doesn't seem to artificially heighten or reduce anything. This gives it a "mature" sound if that makes sense.
There's an even-ness and balance in the way it presents piano notes - fundamentals and harmonics - that makes it easy to hear the layers and colors in the music. (I mention piano because this is the one instrument I have played and know well). I noticed when I did a DACs comparison last year that a bass or lower mids emphasis favors fundamentals; an upper mids/treble emphasis favors hamonics. Figures, when you think about it! If there's too much tendency either way it distorts the tone colors and possibly the musical intentions).
Similarly, the shifting instrumental and vocal layers in music generally seem easier to hear and follow. I have heard subtle effects I simply never noticed before. I think that's probably related to what I just described about piano.post #26 of 12072/3/12 at 2:24pmpost #27 of 12072/3/12 at 5:30pmQuote:this thread is tempting me to start listening to headphones again...
Assuming you're using speakers, Decware is still the place to go. The CSP2 was originally designed as a pre-amp, and I believe is the only full sized amp they make that comes with hp out, it's an option at an additional cost with the Taboo. The Zen Torii MKIII is an heirloom worthy work of art, and I have no doubt performs magnificently. Just sayin' you don't have to go back to headphones to enjoy them.post #28 of 12072/3/12 at 5:33pmQuote:
Dude you are so ready to order the Deware setup/ Man the 944 speakers and the Taboo with the CSP2 and your so done. Get the Taboo headphone option and for like what you we e going to spend on that Cavalli this will cost use 3200 delivered and talk to Steve he may wheel and deal on three pieces to soften the blow. Man oh man you therepost #29 of 12072/3/12 at 5:44pmThread Starter
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 seconds ago
- › Modded Grado 325i. Got wood? 10 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Appreciation thread....? 42 seconds ago
- › Good Amp and DAC? 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)