What! I never realized that either! I always thought it was at least twice that size. How big is the Taboo in relation to the Mini?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment Last post on 9/16/14 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Decware csp2 vs. Woo Audio 6 Last post on 3/19/11 at 5:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
HIFIMAN MegaMini review Oct 2016 INTRO I have been in the hunt for a smaller on the go dap for a while now without compromising on the sound in a world where players seem to be...
This is a review for the Little Dot MK2 headphone amplifier so I hope you all enjoy it. This is my first review and it's going to start off really well as this is an amazing product. YouTube...
Welcome to my first review DanaCable Lazuli SH HP Cable versus Moon Audio Black Dragon HD800 HP Cable Preliminaries I tend to hear subtle...
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 12352/2/12 at 6:34pmQuote:
Taboo is7.25WX14.75 deep and weighs 17 p0unds mini torri is12.125WX9.125 deep and weighs 14 lbs.both are single ended pentode designs the Taboo is 6W and the mini Torri is . 3.3w into 4ohms
Edited by Frank I - 2/2/12 at 6:36pmpost #18 of 12352/2/12 at 6:36pmQuote:How big is the Taboo in relation to the Mini?
Longer and thinner. 7.1/4 x 14 3/4 for both Taboo & CSP2+
Speaking of which -- how long was it from winding transformers to delivery?
Mine started getting wound yesterday. I think I'll luck out at about 3 months of waiting. End of Nov - End of Feb.post #19 of 12352/2/12 at 7:19pm
@Nyvar - 2-3 weeks. But mine was delayed by Christmas shipping (to New Zealand) too. Hopefully quicker for you.
I was so tempted by the MiniTorii. The better looking to me. But too many tubes to replace/roll <sigh>
And I have no regrets with the Taboopost #20 of 12352/2/12 at 8:25pm
Subscribed. I am about to pull the trigger on a CSP2+ and T1 within the next two months now that my financial situation is looking better. I've owned Decware's power cords and interconnects for a year or so now and they definitely improved the performance of my Ref 9 and C2-SA/AD2000 rig by a noticeable margin. Plus Steve's excellent customer service and LIFETIME WARRANTY(!!!) on their products makes them the most underrated amp maker on this site. Thanks for starting this thread!
-Danielpost #21 of 12352/3/12 at 2:39am
@AiDee: Earlier this week they said 2 -3 weeks, but they said 2 -3 weeks 3 weeks ago too. ;) But now something is happening to it.Quote:I've owned Decware's power cords and interconnects
Do you have the Silver Xhadow? It's been an ongoing debate with myself on whether I should upgrade my order to the Xhadow, or leave it with the regular connectors.post #22 of 12352/3/12 at 7:17amThread Starter
Yeah I had called them when I was waiting for my mini but they have great customer service and answered all my questions very patiently. Its like that Tom Petty song....The waiting is always the hardest part....lolpost #23 of 12352/3/12 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nyvar
@AiDee: Earlier this week they said 2 -3 weeks, but they said 2 -3 weeks 3 weeks ago too. ;) But now something is happening to it.
Do you have the Silver Xhadow? It's been an ongoing debate with myself on whether I should upgrade my order to the Xhadow, or leave it with the regular connectors.
What is the Silver shadow?post #24 of 12352/3/12 at 12:39pmQuote:What is the Silver shadow?
TOTL RCA interconnects:
Here's a review of them. Decware offers them as an alternative connector. But they ain't cheap. However, cheaper now than waiting and deciding to try them and buying a new set altogether. Despite being something of a convert based on my experiences with the W4S tweaks, it's in the area of diminishing returns. But still....post #25 of 12352/3/12 at 2:13pm
@Nyvar - after I ordered and when I realised the queue wasn't moving fast I just forgot about it!! Luckily, my life was (and is) frantically busy...at any other time it would've been very hard.
100% worth the wait though
To sum up my impressions to date, the Taboo is unflappable - never sounds like it's struggling. Seems to deliver what the music demands at each instant, no more no less. By this I mean it doesn't seem to artificially heighten or reduce anything. This gives it a "mature" sound if that makes sense.
There's an even-ness and balance in the way it presents piano notes - fundamentals and harmonics - that makes it easy to hear the layers and colors in the music. (I mention piano because this is the one instrument I have played and know well). I noticed when I did a DACs comparison last year that a bass or lower mids emphasis favors fundamentals; an upper mids/treble emphasis favors hamonics. Figures, when you think about it! If there's too much tendency either way it distorts the tone colors and possibly the musical intentions).
Similarly, the shifting instrumental and vocal layers in music generally seem easier to hear and follow. I have heard subtle effects I simply never noticed before. I think that's probably related to what I just described about piano.post #26 of 12352/3/12 at 2:24pmpost #27 of 12352/3/12 at 5:30pmQuote:this thread is tempting me to start listening to headphones again...
Assuming you're using speakers, Decware is still the place to go. The CSP2 was originally designed as a pre-amp, and I believe is the only full sized amp they make that comes with hp out, it's an option at an additional cost with the Taboo. The Zen Torii MKIII is an heirloom worthy work of art, and I have no doubt performs magnificently. Just sayin' you don't have to go back to headphones to enjoy them.post #28 of 12352/3/12 at 5:33pmQuote:
Dude you are so ready to order the Deware setup/ Man the 944 speakers and the Taboo with the CSP2 and your so done. Get the Taboo headphone option and for like what you we e going to spend on that Cavalli this will cost use 3200 delivered and talk to Steve he may wheel and deal on three pieces to soften the blow. Man oh man you therepost #29 of 12352/3/12 at 5:44pmThread Starter
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 31 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 34 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 6 minutes ago
- › Can a Wireless Headphone be paired thru a Headphone amp 6 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT250-250 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 5xx upgrade worth it? 9 minutes ago
- › Need some guidance on IEMs compared to Shure 535s and UE TripleFi 10 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by FortisFlyer75
- › Little Dot MK II by hifimanguy
- › Danacable Lazuli SH for Sennheiser HD800 / 800S by FLTWS
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...