Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › ATH-M50 + E6/E11
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-M50 + E6/E11 - Page 2

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZero5225 View Post

I mean it probity won't, but, would it help the bass tho? 

 

Only if your headphones are bass emphasizing.

post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZero5225 View Post

I mean it probity won't, but, would it help the bass tho? 

I have both the E17 and the E11 (and the E6 - which I'm not particularly fond of) and if you're looking to jump up the bass, get the E11 and pump the EQ to 2 - you'll get some pretty incredible bass, and yes, it's a vast increase in bass over just what your M50's do on their own.  The E11 is a gem for those seeking more bass without spending a fortune - plus, it does a good job of not messing up the rest of the frequency range.

post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphonereview View Post

I have both the E17 and the E11 (and the E6 - which I'm not particularly fond of) and if you're looking to jump up the bass, get the E11 and pump the EQ to 2 - you'll get some pretty incredible bass, and yes, it's a vast increase in bass over just what your M50's do on their own.  The E11 is a gem for those seeking more bass without spending a fortune - plus, it does a good job of not messing up the rest of the frequency range.

That's good to hear, and it the E6 isn't that bad. EQ2 on e6 is nice, makes the highs a little crisper imo and gives you decent bass... but yea I'd like to get an E11 as the E6 doesn't do it for me any more lol [still it's better than nothing!]

 

Mmm, I'm about to start working and the E11 might be my first purchase lol,

post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphonereview View Post

I have both the E17 and the E11 (and the E6 - which I'm not particularly fond of) and if you're looking to jump up the bass, get the E11 and pump the EQ to 2 - you'll get some pretty incredible bass, and yes, it's a vast increase in bass over just what your M50's do on their own.  The E11 is a gem for those seeking more bass without spending a fortune - plus, it does a good job of not messing up the rest of the frequency range.

So I should go with the E 11? If makes my music experience better with it I might have to give it a try. Looks like the E 11 is WAY cheaper than the E 17, but what I like about the E 17 is that you can use it as desktop amp as well, can you do the same with the E 11? 

 

(Edit) Nevermind don't answer this question. I'm just going to go with the E 11 since I don't need a DAC.


Edited by SuperZero5225 - 5/2/12 at 3:44pm
post #20 of 25

I'm getting the M50s as well. Would you guys consider it necessary to get an E11 Fiio headphone amp with it if I'm mainly using the headphones on my iPhone 4S?

post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopHead92 View Post

I'm getting the M50s as well. Would you guys consider it necessary to get an E11 Fiio headphone amp with it if I'm mainly using the headphones on my iPhone 4S?

 

Not necessary. Should go pretty loud without an amp.

post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZero5225 View Post

I mean it probity won't, but, would it help the bass tho? 

You're going to want to check out the digizoid zo2 thread, as that is as close as you're going to get.

I'd like to mention just in general that the point of an amp is not to color music, just amplify it and bring out the best of your phones. If you're a basshead, the zo2 might help, it's my understanding that it's more an in line EQ than amp and imparts bass to any phones.

Keep in mind that a sub woofer is a larger driver moving lots of air that can get significantly Lower than anything else- which is the point. It sounds like you want lots of bass impact and sub-bass, so that's something to keep an eye out when looking for new phones.
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

Not necessary. Should go pretty loud without an amp.

Oh ok, thanks a lot.
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

 

Not necessary. Should go pretty loud without an amp.

Agreed - the M50's do a great job on their own.  My suggestion is to get the M50's and if you feel you want to take them to the next level later, you can always pick up an amp.  I will say, the M50's are jewel's on their own, but when paired with any quality amp, they are just flat out amazing for the price.

post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post


You're going to want to check out the digizoid zo2 thread, as that is as close as you're going to get.
I'd like to mention just in general that the point of an amp is not to color music, just amplify it and bring out the best of your phones. If you're a basshead, the zo2 might help, it's my understanding that it's more an in line EQ than amp and imparts bass to any phones.

 

+1.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › ATH-M50 + E6/E11