Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Soundstage Head Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Soundstage Head Club - Page 7

post #91 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

I know, I was listening to a song and there was a "horn in it" well the first time that horn entered the song...

 

I JUMPED OUT OF MY CHAIR AND RAN TO THE DOOR THINKING "OH CRAP PARENTS ARE HOME".... dang sound stage making me think I'm hearning stuff from outside my walls >.>


Have you ever listened to "the virtual barber shop"? The door that opens at the very beginning made me feel exactly the same way...

 

Here's a link : http://www.qsound.com/demos/virtualbarbershop_long.htm


Edited by customcoco - 12/19/12 at 2:56pm
post #92 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by customcoco View Post


Have you ever listened to "the virtual barber shop"? The door that opens at the very beginning made me feel exactly the same way...

 

Here's a link : http://www.qsound.com/demos/virtualbarbershop_long.htm

OMG your right, I ALMOST jumped out of my chair... AGAIN xD

 

yea that was really cool, but after the bag over my head. I wasn't suprised any more. Still that door opener is the best xD. bet we could prank some one pretty hard with that... 


Edited by Mshenay - 12/20/12 at 3:19pm
post #93 of 271

whats a good earphone under $150 with a large sound  stage  $200 would be pushing it
 

post #94 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalki11 View Post

whats a good earphone under $150 with a large sound  stage  $200 would be pushing it
 


Earphone or Headphone? Just want to clarify that for people.

AT-AD700, used Beyerdynamic DT990pro?

post #95 of 271

hd598 for an open back

srh940 used for a closed back

ie80 or tf10 for an iem

post #96 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

hd598 for an open back

srh940 used for a closed back

ie80 or tf10 for an iem


Depending where he lives all those are well over 150 in some cases well over 200 ie the IE80.

 

On the super cheap you can try the KSC75. Probably the best soundstage under 30 bucks.


Edited by Hailin - 12/28/12 at 9:30am
post #97 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailin View Post


Earphone or Headphone? Just want to clarify that for people.

AT-AD700, used Beyerdynamic DT990pro?


i said  earphone..  not headphone  i want to be able to ride my bike and be able to hear like the music is all around me gs1000.gif

post #98 of 271

used ie8/ie80

post #99 of 271
Whats the soundstage/seperation like on the V Moda m-80?
post #100 of 271
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirddub View Post

Whats the soundstage/seperation like on the V Moda m-80?

 

I'm assuming it's a bit closed sounding, just looking at the design, but I haven't heard it myself.  :\

post #101 of 271

i had the m80 and was a bit dissapointed. uncomfortable, somehow congested sounding and not good isolating.

post #102 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

i had the m80 and was a bit dissapointed. uncomfortable, somehow congested sounding and not good isolating.


that sounds about right, it's  on the Bass Head thread can, so since it's closed and it THUMPS... I would think it would have some congestion! The M-100 might be better but again I don't really know e.e

 

how's the Dt 990 for Sound Stage compared to the Dt 880?

post #103 of 271
I prefer a warm sound; Klipsch X10 has a nice soundstage, good isolation for your commute too, and is a steal at the 80-100 they are selling for on Amazon recently.. For a closed headphone with good stage, check out the Sennheiser HD 4xx series; HD 439s are available for $30 refurbished on Amazon. No packaging but they come with an extra cable. Awesome value at $30, easily $100+ worth of sound; I prefer then to the ever-popular ATH-M50, personally, the bass and treble aren't as accentuated, and the detail levels are a step down, but the soundstage is much better and the sound is more natural overall. Creative Aurvana Live might be worth a look too.
Edited by Gilly87 - 1/11/13 at 8:03am
post #104 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

Creative Aurvana Live might be worth a look too.

Yeah the CAL! Has a huge fan base on here and is a highly recommended choice for a closed headphone
post #105 of 271

Hi.. Needs Headphone with good sounstage for my gaming and music listening.

 

How HD600 soundstage compares to HD598? 

 

Is HD600 can give a good job in terms of gaming (fps)?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Soundstage Head Club