here is where I got the info about the ultrasone pro 900, from an audiophile rant/review against beats pro by a user review by crinacle on Cnet
Edited by sneaglebob - 1/29/12 at 1:38pm
"I will re-emphasise again, THESE ARE OVERPRICED. I can name a hundred or so headphones that does what these do just as good and even BETTER and just a quarter of the price. I'll be wasting my time naming all these headphones, but I'll pick out 5 of my favourites:
5. Beyerdynamic DT700 Pro 80 Ohm Edition. A good entry-level bass king, the DT770 provides boomy sub-bass that vibrates your entire skull. Again, these beat the Beats Pro by a mile in terms of overall clarity as well as bass quantity, at a cheaper price as well.
4. Ultrasone HFI-580. Having the same amount of bass at a quarter of the Beats Pro's price, it's a killer. Even so, the quality of the bass in the HFI-580 far surpasses the Beats Pro's, being tighter, punchier and clearer than the latter. What's overpriced now?
3. Audio Technica Pro700 MKII. A relatively new headphone in the market, the Pro700 beats, bashes and mashes the Beats Pro every every aspect you and think of. Bass? One of the best. Mids? No contest really. Highs, come on, any headphone other than Skullcandy or Bose can beat the Beats Pro.
2. Sony XB1000. Or as I would like to call them, "GIANT FLUFFEH PILLOWS OF AWESHUM BASSSS XD"! But in all seriousness, the Sony XB series are notorious for its earthshaking, diarrhoea-inducing bass, which will put any Beats headphone to shame with a thump of a drum, literally.
1. Ultrasone Pro900. Absolutely godly and reigns king supreme in the bass department. No other headphones can ever DREAM of trying to beat the Pro900 in terms of bass quality. If you love the Beats Pro, the Pro900 will re-educate you, no holds barred. Strap two mini-subwoofers to your head and VOILA! Pro900.
Granted that the Beats Pro aren't terrible headphones, I would rush for them if they were priced at $100. Unfortunately, they instead cost a whopping $400, a price in which only the stupid, cliche consumers would be sucked into.
Don't be a stupid consumer. Get better headphones."
Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/the-beats-pro-by/4505-7877_7-34210289.html#ixzz1kpMjdyK1