or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound) - Page 198

post #2956 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallonpaj View Post
 


I have a gift certificate from work in a special store. But they dont seem to have so many highend headphones. Im gonna list some of them and maybe you or someone has heard any of them and can comment.

* Top AKG is K618 and 619

* Beyer T50P and T70P

* Sony MDR1RB and MDR1RNC

* Philips X1 and A5PRO

And the usual bose, beats etc

 

To me nothing seem really interesting. Maybe the Beyer T70P but from what I see the T70 is for home use and T70p for mobile use?

 

Do they have the K612 Pro? The K618 and K619 look like DJ headphones. The X1 are always a safe choice if you don't mind the slightly bassy sound signature. I don't know enough about the rest of them to make a comment. The T70P might be worth looking into though if you wanted to go that high. 

post #2957 of 3716

Bought a Sound blaster Z. Can someone help me with the settings?

I cant get the SBX pro studio over the toslink to my dac. Only normal sound. Is it even possible or did a mess up buying a Sound blaster Z?

Appreciate help!

post #2958 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder Mike View Post
 

 

Do they have the K612 Pro? The K618 and K619 look like DJ headphones. The X1 are always a safe choice if you don't mind the slightly bassy sound signature. I don't know enough about the rest of them to make a comment. The T70P might be worth looking into though if you wanted to go that high. 


They dont have the K612. I read the review from madlust of the x1, and they seem pretty interesting, guess I only got X1 and T70p to choose from if i buy form that store.

post #2959 of 3716

Currently using:

Creative X-Fi Titanium (non-hd), no emi shield

Fidelio X1

 

When using the V-MODA BoomPro Mic cable or just a standard aux cable, I get a lot of outside noise (probably from my video cards). The strange part is I only get this when it's in game mode, When I'm in entertainment mode, it seems to go away. This also happened when I had a TiHD.

 

Would an amp such as a Fiio E09K solve this?

 

I've had the ZXR before and there was no issues so I guess that EMI shield helped. But I want to keep CMSS-3D.

post #2960 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
 

Currently using:

Creative X-Fi Titanium (non-hd), no emi shield

Fidelio X1

 

When using the V-MODA BoomPro Mic cable or just a standard aux cable, I get a lot of outside noise (probably from my video cards). The strange part is I only get this when it's in game mode, When I'm in entertainment mode, it seems to go away. This also happened when I had a TiHD.

 

Would an amp such as a Fiio E09K solve this?

 

I've had the ZXR before and there was no issues so I guess that EMI shield helped. But I want to keep CMSS-3D.

What outside noise? Like stuff around you or hissing/interference? If it's noise around you, you'll have to check off one of the options for playing back what you're saying as the mic is probably picking it up.

 

If it's interference, are you able to move your card? You could also try a Recon3D USB. It has CMSS-3D and is external. That might solve the problem as well. 

post #2961 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder Mike View Post
 

What outside noise? Like stuff around you or hissing/interference? If it's noise around you, you'll have to check off one of the options for playing back what you're saying as the mic is probably picking it up.

 

If it's interference, are you able to move your card? You could also try a Recon3D USB. It has CMSS-3D and is external. That might solve the problem as well. 

 

It's hissing/interference.

 

Unfortunately I'm unable to move my card. I'll take a peek at the Recon3D USB. Thanks!

post #2962 of 3716

It seems like the Recon3D USB's only do THX, or am I missing something?

post #2963 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
 

It seems like the Recon3D USB's only do THX, or am I missing something?

 

Damn, looks like I remembered incorrectly. This was the only external card I could find that had it. Sorry about that. 

post #2964 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder Mike View Post
 

 

Damn, looks like I remembered incorrectly. This was the only external card I could find that had it. Sorry about that. 

 

Thanks! Appreciate it.

post #2965 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallonpaj View Post
 

Bought a Sound blaster Z. Can someone help me with the settings?

I cant get the SBX pro studio over the toslink to my dac. Only normal sound. Is it even possible or did a mess up buying a Sound blaster Z?

Appreciate help!

 

Follow these steps, every one of them.

 

1) Windows > Sound panel > SBZ Speakers > Set Default

2) Configure SBZ Speakers > Select 5.1 > do not select Full range > Next and apply

3) SBZ Control Panel > Advanced Features > Tick Play stereo mix to digital output

4) Enable SBX Surround > Adjust slider level to your preference

5) Make sure your input settings on your external DAC is correct.

 

DO NOT select SBZ Digital Out as your default, you will get audio but you will not get any of the DSP enhancements from the card.

 

If watching movies, make sure your movies already has multi-channel audio. If playing games, make sure you set the audio to 5.1 in-game if the game hasn't already selected it for you.

post #2966 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenkr View Post
 

 

Follow these steps, every one of them.

 

1) Windows > Sound panel > SBZ Speakers > Set Default

2) Configure SBZ Speakers > Select 5.1 > do not select Full range > Next and apply

3) SBZ Control Panel > Advanced Features > Tick Play stereo mix to digital output

4) Enable SBX Surround > Adjust slider level to your preference

5) Make sure your input settings on your external DAC is correct.

 

DO NOT select SBZ Digital Out as your default, you will get audio but you will not get any of the DSP enhancements from the card.

 

If watching movies, make sure your movies already has multi-channel audio. If playing games, make sure you set the audio to 5.1 in-game if the game hasn't already selected it for you.

In sound blaster pro studio do I select headphones, stereo or 5.1 surround?

post #2967 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallonpaj View Post
 

In sound blaster pro studio do I select headphones, stereo or 5.1 surround?

 

5.1.

They'll already be in 5.1 if you selected it in Windows, so don't go and mess with it. The CP is finnicky and switching it to headphones back and forth will bork things. Has been happening ever since the X-Fi days.

 

Like I said, follow the steps and don't mess with anything else if you don't know what you're doing. You'll get SBX the way it should be.

post #2968 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
 

It's hissing/interference.

 

Unfortunately I'm unable to move my card. I'll take a peek at the Recon3D USB. Thanks!

 

If you want CMSS-3D over USB then try tracking down an old/used X-Fi Surround 5.1 (non-Pro, model:SB1090).  It only has Entertainment mode though, no Game or Audio Creation modes.  Alternatively, have you tried gaming in Entertainment mode on your X-Fi Ti? 

post #2969 of 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroArrow View Post
 

 

If you want CMSS-3D over USB then try tracking down an old/used X-Fi Surround 5.1 (non-Pro, model:SB1090).  It only has Entertainment mode though, no Game or Audio Creation modes.  Alternatively, have you tried gaming in Entertainment mode on your X-Fi Ti? 

 

Yeah I've been looking at those. At the moment I have been gaming in entertainment mode on the Titanium. It's not too bad.

post #2970 of 3716

@NamelessPFG : Is that indeed you playing multiplayer Star Citizen??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound)