Which of these is the best look and soundwise because I'm going to be listening to them mosly in public. I listen to Metal, Hard Rock, and classical Rock. Any suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-pro700 mkII w/ATH-M50 pads Last post on 7/17/13 at 3:12pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Pro700mk2 vs ath-m50s Last post on 5/6/13 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Shure SRH 940 vs. Shure SRH840 vs. Sennheiser HD-518 vs. Beyerdynamic... Last post on 8/13/13 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 or ATH-M50 Last post on 2/24/13 at 4:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you send me your ATH-M50 OR ATH-PRO700MK2/ANV for testing? (from the Netherlands ) Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
First off, let me say now that I am not an audiophile. I am a fan of audiophiles though and I learn a lot from you guys. I'm more of a budget-audio-enthusiast and I'd like to keep it that way. Some...
ATH-M50 vs ATH-Pro700mk2 vs Beats Solo HD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
And it begins...if you would have searched you would have know that beats arent liked to well around here. Anywho go pro700's with the m50 pads. Who cares about what they look like in public. As long as they sound good its all that matters, also since the pro700's are all black you shouldnt have a problem with people trying to steal them.
Don't know much about about ATM-50 or ATM Pro700mk2, but Beats Solo and Solo HD are possibly the worst sounding headphones I've ever heard, my stock Apple iBuds sound a lot better than them. The only Beats headphones that sound decent are the Beats Pro IMO, but for $500, I'm sure there are better choices around.
I have compared the M50 and pro700mk2 side by side. The M50 has better clarity, and in comparison, the pro700mk2 sounds very muffled. I'd suggest M50 over pro700 unless you want as much bass as possible. The pro700 looks better though!
how much did you pay? i've been looking at picking them, but i can't justify their price since i'm saving for the akg 701's.
Just make some friends at bestbuy and have them buy them for you. Thats gonna be the cheapest you will get them for! Be careful cause there is alot of fake ones out there, especially on craigslist and ebay.
I would say the m50's had a tad bit clearer highs but nothing i couldnt fix on the eq.
I have the ATH-M50, have heard the Beats solo, never heard the Pro700mk2.
I really can't seem to find much info on the Pro700mk2, i can't even find any reviews on amazon which is my emergency source for reviews... they have a nice design, price is affordable and the cable LOOKS detatchable to me, i can imagine they'd sound pretty good but before purchasing them i'd reccomend trying to find a store near you where you can listen to them.
The Beats Solo are bad, just bad... i listened to them in a store and they sounded bad and when they sound bad in a store that's a bad sign considering the sound systems they connect them to.
The Audio Technica ATH-M50 are a really nice headphone sound quality blows the Beats Solo and Studio out of the water and they cost less.
I got mine for $170 and they are a great purchase, at first the sound wasn't quite right and they were uncomfortable with a really tight clamp, so i burned them in and stretched them over the box my HD enclosure came in and i liked them a lot more... plus i just got used to them over time (Just make sure the box you use isn't too big and you have the headband all the way out) sound is great, very flat and balanced and easy to drive to. For using them in public they do offer a bit of passive noise isolation but not a lot and they do leak a bit more than i would like them to... well, i don't want them to leak at all but... yeah.
The M50 are good for Hard rock/metal... they sound best with electronic music but still good with what you described, they're not really genre specific headphones unlike the Beats centered around rap.
Are you sure you'd like to use either of the Audio Technica headphones for mobile use? They are fairly portable, but very bulky. They do have a folding design that helps a little, but still doesn't help make them compact. And also, they do not isolate very well. They will make outside noise sound a little more quiet, but never mute it completely.
However, I completely love the sound of the M50. It is bass oriented, but not very much. The Pro700mk2 is very similar, but with much more bass. I wouldn't recommend them as much as the M50 for metal/rock.
If you could, I would heavily recommend spending a little more money to get the V-moda V80 or M80 headphones. They are extremely portable, sturdy, look cool, and are known to sound great(better.)
Just something to consider. Good hunting!
I use my pro700's for almost everything. Gym. Djing, working around the house. I had my friend try them out and put the volume to what i normally have them at, and the sound leak was not bad at all!!! You could bearly hear it.
- ATH-M50 vs ATH-Pro700mk2 vs Beats Solo HD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 6 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › UK Head-Fi'ers - Do you want to see a new, mystery SoundMAGIC product? 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMagic E10S vs AKG K 323XS vs JBL Synchros Reflect-I vs Shure... 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Nouske NH-14 Hybrid 2-Way Balanced Armature + Dynamic Driver In-Ear... by Cotnijoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2