Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax SR-507 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Stax SR-507 Appreciation Thread - Page 7

post #91 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie View Post

The esp950 compared with the 507 would be something in the likes of a sennheiser hd600s.

X2

what do u mean?
post #92 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post


X2
what do u mean?

He is making a comparison and not totally clear at that. I believe he was pointing out that the 507 is better than the ESP 950 assuming you use a good quality amp for the Stax. I haven't heard the ESP 950 so I can't comment, but there are plenty of comments on the ESP 950 in this forum and on the web if you search. There are even some full reviews. I have not seen any conclusion which would lead me to believe that the ESP 950 is better than the 507 but I haven't compared them myself. 

post #93 of 222

Ok thanks for the clarification.

post #94 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post

He is making a comparison and not totally clear at that. I believe he was pointing out that the 507 is better than the ESP 950 assuming you use a good quality amp for the Stax. I haven't heard the ESP 950 so I can't comment, but there are plenty of comments on the ESP 950 in this forum and on the web if you search. There are even some full reviews. I have not seen any conclusion which would lead me to believe that the ESP 950 is better than the 507 but I haven't compared them myself. 

I'm not saying the 507 is better. He was asking about the type of sound between both, the esp950 has a more smoother sound to the likes of a senn hd600 (not saying it sounds like a hd600) while the 507 is more agressive and upfront.


Edited by BoogieWoogie - 10/2/12 at 4:59pm
post #95 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie View Post

I'm not saying the 507 is better. He was asking about the type of sound between both, the esp950 has a more smoother sound to the likes of a senn hd600 (not saying it sounds like a hd600) while the 507 is more agressive and upfront.

So I guess I flunked mind reading  frown.gif

post #96 of 222
I'm considering picking up a pair of 507's soon. Amp wise, has anyone compared them longer term with the 717 and 323? If so, which do you prefer and why? Lastly does anyone have time with the 507 and BHSE?

Thanks!
post #97 of 222

If anyone has a used 507 they are interested in selling, I am looking to move up from the 202.

 

Many thanks!

 

Stewart

post #98 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiritz View Post

If anyone has a used 507 they are interested in selling, I am looking to move up from the 202.

 

Many thanks!

 

Stewart


You should post this request as WTB in headphones for sale category and you will probably have better luck.

post #99 of 222
Slightly off topic, but I'm a 507 owner: I'm having a home demo (thanks to a nice dealer here in UK) of a 007mkII.
Rest of the setup is 600ltd, Neko D100 and Hiface Evo with its battery psu. The setup works well with my 507, and I haven't any urge to upgrade.
The Omegas are sooooo comfortable!!! I think I slowly got used to the Lambdas, but now I realize they are not that easy to wear for a long session.
The sound signature is pretty different, so any quick AB won't work. A few months ago I tested the original Omega with the same setup, and they were abolutely gorgeus. Imaging was particularly good, but timbrically I still preferred my 507. Let's see how the MKII compare to the old ones.
post #100 of 222
wow nice massy, lucky you! Keep us posted and enjoy the mkII
post #101 of 222
Hey Peter, how you doing?

My son clearly prefers the Omegas to the 507 (which he says are "cacca"...you might want to google for the translation)...Amore di babbo :-)
post #102 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by realmassy View Post

Hey Peter, how you doing?
My son clearly prefers the Omegas to the 507 (which he says are "cacca"...you might want to google for the translation)...Amore di babbo :-)

hey massy, I am great, hope you are too! No need to translate, I was in Tuscany two weeks ago smily_headphones1.gif

I would like to go into electrostatic headphones but I have other priorities atm so I am just reading and drooling atm. Did you see, there is an Italian guy selling a maxed or upgraded GES for a very reasonable price in the FS forum?
post #103 of 222
Hope you've enjoyed your stay in Tuscany...lovely place indeed.
Max is a cool guy, and that GES is a real beauty. It's a nice amp for the 009...too bad the headphones are freaking expensive
post #104 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by realmassy View Post

Slightly off topic, but I'm a 507 owner: I'm having a home demo (thanks to a nice dealer here in UK) of a 007mkII.
Rest of the setup is 600ltd, Neko D100 and Hiface Evo with its battery psu. The setup works well with my 507, and I haven't any urge to upgrade.
The Omegas are sooooo comfortable!!! I think I slowly got used to the Lambdas, but now I realize they are not that easy to wear for a long session.
The sound signature is pretty different, so any quick AB won't work. A few months ago I tested the original Omega with the same setup, and they were abolutely gorgeus. Imaging was particularly good, but timbrically I still preferred my 507. Let's see how the MKII compare to the old ones.


I'm very interested in how you find the 007mkII against the 507. I only had a chance to compare them in a dealer showroom with 007t and in a brief comparison I preferred the 407/507 but that was only 30 minutes. Not at all like a home demo. I would be very interested in your thoughts.

post #105 of 222

I'd really like to hear these. I finally got to hear the 404LE this weekend and was impressed. Really want to hear the 507 even more. Getting the Lambda itch.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax SR-507 Appreciation Thread