Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ibasso Dx100 bugs to fix or features to add : Please tell us what you want to fix or add
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ibasso Dx100 bugs to fix or features to add : Please tell us what you want to fix or add - Page 11

post #151 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by visia View Post

It seems to have to do with MicroSD card specifically. It loads very quickly when MicroSD is removed, so scanning MicroSD appears to take really long time.
 

 


 

Also, if player is loaded without MicroSD card inserted and card is inserted afterwards, it loads much faster.

post #152 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post


 



I prefer, to install only the essential apps (poweramp,battery, file explore, coverart) and turn off UI animation, and background sync. (the most battery demanding!), display to the lowest setting , wifi and blue-tooth off, and was able to reach max around 9-9.5 Hours!!



How the hell are you able to do this lol? I only get 7 hours? This is playing music in a continuous loop without touching the screen mind you... I must be doing something wrong here to not be getting that battery life. Well my screen isn't set to the lowest setting, would that makes that much of a difference?

post #153 of 218
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post



How the hell are you able to do this lol? I only get 7 hours? This is playing music in a continuous loop without touching the screen mind you... I must be doing something wrong here to not be getting that battery life. Well my screen isn't set to the lowest setting, would that makes that much of a difference?



Lee, the gain and the Cans also make difference! as I did what SPKRS01 suggested about battery, and I always recharge while the DAP is off.


Edited by turokrocks - 4/6/12 at 2:52pm
post #154 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post


 



Lee, the gain and the Cans also make difference! as I did what SPKRS01 suggested about battery, and I always recharge while the DAP is off.



I can also add that the DX100 does seem to get very hot when charging and playing at the same time.  The heat seems reasonable when just playing.  I've decided to only recharge when the player is off as well.

 

 

 

post #155 of 218

Today I have turned off the DX100 and transferred some new songs into the internal memory (no micro SD card inserted). After I started the DX100, I found that all the songs in my custom playlist disappeared. Have anyone tried this?

 

Also, one thing I would like to be added to the DX100, is that after it is shutdown and restart, would it be possible to keep my originally playing playlist in the stock player, instead of all songs? Now I need to choose my playlist/album again each time after shutdown/restart, which could be quite inconvenient......

post #156 of 218

I would expect running from internal memory rather than card would be more energy efficient as well.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post



How the hell are you able to do this lol? I only get 7 hours? This is playing music in a continuous loop without touching the screen mind you... I must be doing something wrong here to not be getting that battery life. Well my screen isn't set to the lowest setting, would that makes that much of a difference?



 

post #157 of 218

Today I can claim about 100 hours burn-in.  It does sound more open or my hearing has gotten used to the sound...Hey, but using comparisons with other amps burned in I can say there have been changes to the better, even as good as it was out of the box.

post #158 of 218

REQUEST:

 

Can we please have an option to switch-off haptic feedback that actually works?

 

I switched-off haptic feedback but I still feel it when I turn my DX100 on and off, and (less obviously) when I unlock the 'lock' screen (I don't have the 3rd-party app 'No Lock' installed)

 

It was a very poor decision to included a haptic device on the DX100, since it can only reduce battery life and increase potential noise interference. I hope iBasso stop incorporating haptic feedback devices in future batches of the DX100.

post #159 of 218

I'm also noticing, as others have, that the 'repeat' option of the stock player sometimes switches itself on, with no user-intervention.

post #160 of 218
Thread Starter 

@ Lee, I ran the battery test again (2 times), and it gave me around 8 hours, I think I miscalculated my finding the first time,Sorryetysmile.gif, do I hear a sigh of relief?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

post #161 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

@ Lee, I ran the battery test again (2 times), and it gave me around 8 hours, I think I miscalculated my finding the first time,Sorry:etysmile: , do I hear a sigh of relief?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Mine always seems to run between 8 and 9 hours. When the 15% warning appears, I can usually get another hour or more. This is with all non-essential Android functions turned off. The really nice feature is how short a time it takes to recharge compared to all of my other portable devices.
post #162 of 218

From a zero battery to full charge it takes 2.5 hours for mine. Not bad at all and if not playing music, the DX does not get but a little warm, indicating that the battery is being kept in a good temp range, which in the long run, extends the battery life. 

post #163 of 218
Moved to DX100 thread. This post was not bug-related.
Edited by HiFlight - 4/7/12 at 3:59pm
post #164 of 218


Turokrocks, please add these previously provided bugs to your firmware update list.  It appears at least the first three are not yet represented....thanks.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post

My turn:

 

-  The ibasso player is not properly recognizing the correct bit rate and song length on some mp3 VBR files.  Such songs show as being a low bit rate and thousands of minutes long.  Everything produced with EAC/Lame seems OK...but older VBR mp3's from (for example) Musicmatch do not read properly.  I have never had a problem with such files properly being read on any other device.

 

-  When a songs bit rate/length is not being properly read, any attempt to scroll through the song results in skipping to other songs...very strange. 

 

-  The ibasso player periodically "falls" out of shuffle mode with no human intervention. 

 

Edit...found another one:

 

-  While playing a song, the DX100 often experiences a slight pause in playback (or pop/crackle) when the DAP is being navigated and other applications or screens requiring extra CPU power are being implemented.  For example. conducting a song search while listening to a song will exhibit this behavior.



 

post #165 of 218
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post


Turokrocks, please add these previously provided bugs to your firmware update list.  It appears at least the first three are not yet represented....thanks.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post

My turn:

 

-  The ibasso player is not properly recognizing the correct bit rate and song length on some mp3 VBR files.  Such songs show as being a low bit rate and thousands of minutes long.  Everything produced with EAC/Lame seems OK...but older VBR mp3's from (for example) Musicmatch do not read properly.  I have never had a problem with such files properly being read on any other device.

 

-  When a songs bit rate/length is not being properly read, any attempt to scroll through the song results in skipping to other songs...very strange. 

 

-  The ibasso player periodically "falls" out of shuffle mode with no human intervention. 

 

Edit...found another one:

 

-  While playing a song, the DX100 often experiences a slight pause in playback (or pop/crackle) when the DAP is being navigated and other applications or screens requiring extra CPU power are being implemented.  For example. conducting a song search while listening to a song will exhibit this behavior.



 


Done, thank you.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ibasso Dx100 bugs to fix or features to add : Please tell us what you want to fix or add