Bugs and features missing:
1. Embedded album art not displaying for FLAC or ape files.PLEASE IBASSO FIX THIS!!!!!!!
2. No way to delete a shortcut widget from one of the home screens!
3.Even if the screen turns off, the volume buttons should be usable.
4.iBasso really should include a brief manual describing the proper use of the UI in the next production round
5. When using file explorer, songs being played stop during playback, resuming a second later from the beginning of the track - this is triggered by re-orienting the device. To say this a different way, when a track is being played, if the gyro sensor senses movement, it automatically stops the track and starts it again from the beginning.
6.When watching video, video freezes if volume level is adjusted.
7.When volume level is adjusted during playback of audio or video, all other controls are frozen until volume dialogue fades from the screen.
8.When you go back from a specific album to all albums, selection goes back to the top, which is annoying if you have hundreds of albums and you're trying to get to an album starting with letter Z.
9.If the name of the album/song/artist is too long, it will only show the first certain amount of letters and then '...' This is expected, but without some method of displaying the whole length of the name, such as the title sliding across horizontally to the left showing you the whole name, general song selection becomes extremely difficult (I.e. I cannot distinguish between Mozart Violin Concerto No. 21 and Mozart Violin Concerto No. 24 because they're cut off with '...')
10.Flac and aiff tags are not recognized at all.
11.Ability to add songs to playlist is limited to either adding each song individually, or by a list displaying every single song inside the dap by alphabetical order.
12.There's no ability to skip to a certain letter in the large list.
13.No way to display songs by composer.
14.When you select a song in a folder under Directory, instead of the playlist being the music inside that folder, it defaults to all music.
15. I left a track playing continuously/loop overnight, then when I tried playing a normal song this morning, the playback speed was doubled. I had to restart the device for it to return back to normal.
16.To add :Song titles have artist names in blue underneath them (in small size) in Directory listing instead of file size
17.If you press on the song for a second, a menu appears, one being add to playlist. This does not happen in "now playing" list (the top right button with play sign in the main player).
18.Whenever I connect to USB and disconnect, it automatically creates all these playlists of some albums. It just appears there.
19.Battery indicator is not visible when in song playing 'detailed view'
20.When a song is playing, the 'slider' to shuttle through the track does work, but when you touch it, it is too easy to accidentally hit 'Next track' or 'Previous track' icon. Therefore, activation hotspot for shuttle area needs to be larger
21.Amp makes loud pop EVEN WHEN WAKING FROM SOFT STANDBY.
22.after a reboot the stock player's equalizer across the whole range is boosted by +3 and you have to reset it manually each time.
23.My stock player keeps defaulting to shuffle ON after a restart. Plus when I click the shuffle icon it doesn't change until I pull up the preferences and change the play order using the check boxes.
24.The ibasso player is not properly recognizing the correct bit rate and song length on some mp3 VBR files. Such songs show as being a low bit rate and thousands of minutes long. Everything produced with EAC/Lame seems OK...but older VBR mp3's from (for example) Musicmatch do not read properly. I have never had a problem with such files properly being read on any other device.
25. When a songs bit rate/length is not being properly read, any attempt to scroll through the song results in skipping to other songs...very strange.
26. The ibasso player periodically "falls" out of shuffle mode with no human intervention.
27. While playing a song, the DX100 often experiences a slight pause in playback (or pop/crackle) when the DAP is being navigated and other applications or screens requiring extra CPU power are being implemented. For example. conducting a song search while listening to a song will exhibit this behavior.
28.The notification screen should include clear button, to clear all the messages, as with all android devises!
29.In the Stock player, when accessing the info menu of a music file "Song info",the "length" should be renamed to "size"
DX100 Feature Requests:
- When playing a track and then interrupting playback by manually choosing a different track, player fades-out current track (good), but fades-in the new track (bad). Please do not fade-in the new track!
- Please remove any processes from start-up that are not absolutely necessary for playing music - for example, we do not need or want Android Market to automatically run, when the player is switched on
- Would like to see a L/R balance control and also a L/R channel swap function. This isn't critically important but it would be a nice feature to have, particularly for people with headphones (or ears!) with differing L/R levels.
- Could we have a 'sensitivity' adjuster to allow hardware volume control button to adjust volume-level up or down more quickly or more slowly, depending on user preference?
- Do we really need the 'Basic' Music Player view as well as the 'Detailed' View? The 'Detailed' view seems entirely adequate to me, so the 'Basic' view seems redundant.