Aw yiss, Motherfreakin chiptune and DJ Cutman on the scene.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i owned headphones/earphones...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 652
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9767 of 2092811/27/12 at 12:26ampost #9768 of 2092811/27/12 at 12:39amQuote:Originally Posted by dilinator
M-100s won over the hipsters :p
Unfortunately a look at the 'audio and speakers' part of that guide does not lend credibility to their recommendations...post #9769 of 2092811/27/12 at 1:17ampost #9770 of 2092811/27/12 at 1:22amQuote:
OMG...everything in this pic are soooo beautiful...I'm so gonna try this with my little nephew when I get my m-100. Wish I could get the similar smilepost #9771 of 2092811/27/12 at 4:01amQuote:
Not that the Zeppelin is bad at what it is. It's just that you can get much better sounding speakers for your money...
This is what Steve Guttenberg has to say on that topic:
Sorry for OT.post #9772 of 2092811/27/12 at 7:42amYou guys know how someone's wing plates broke on their m-100? Are the wing plates plastic? Because on my cross fade lp rouge, the wing plates seemed to be metal?
The wing plates are entirely plastic. Even the "shiny metal" V on the front is just cheapo clipped-on plastic. You can see it in my photo dump on the review page.post #9773 of 2092811/27/12 at 8:00amQuote:
Decided what you're going to do about your M-100's and such?post #9774 of 2092811/27/12 at 8:03amEven if the wing plates crack or break, will it effect the headphones? do the wing plates only matter for aesthetics? Like if they fell off completely, would the headphone still be intact?post #9775 of 2092811/27/12 at 8:40amQuote:
This is from memory, and not with the M-100's right in front of me, but..
I think the wing plates are a big part of what 'ends' the (p)leather headband. I never took them off, but I assume that without them, the open end of the (p)leather headband would be exposed, as well as the metal adjustor piece and such. Not to mention it would probably look horrible..post #9776 of 2092811/27/12 at 9:01ampost #9777 of 2092811/27/12 at 2:03pm
I second this, as well as Beyer DT1350
I'm curious about how they compare to MadDogs too, I know they're barely the same league, but I'm super curious.post #9778 of 2092811/27/12 at 3:12pmpost #9779 of 2092811/27/12 at 4:24pm
That's why. I mostly want to know the differences. I've got tonnes of info here on M-100 (perhaps hype, but I don't regret it) and that's what made me buy them, but I'm still super curious about the DT1350, and MadDogs though, so I want to know how the two compare in terms of staging, application (preferred genres, studio reference, portability, build quality, etc), instrument seperation, detail retrieval, etc. I've been told that the bass is pretty bottomless on the DT1350, despite it not being so punchy and authorative.
I get that they're all totally different beats, but I'd just like to know how the bunch copare, for my own curiosity.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17 used as a portable USB soundcard for a laptop? 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › Hi I'm new and would love some recommendations 8 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Appreciation thread....? 10 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for an end-game system. 11 minutes ago
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)