Aw yiss, Motherfreakin chiptune and DJ Cutman on the scene.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 5/16/13 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 5/2/13 at 6:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Edited on 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 652
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9767 of 1466411/27/12 at 12:26ampost #9768 of 1466411/27/12 at 12:39amQuote:Originally Posted by dilinator
M-100s won over the hipsters :p
Unfortunately a look at the 'audio and speakers' part of that guide does not lend credibility to their recommendations...post #9769 of 1466411/27/12 at 1:17ampost #9770 of 1466411/27/12 at 1:22amQuote:
OMG...everything in this pic are soooo beautiful...I'm so gonna try this with my little nephew when I get my m-100. Wish I could get the similar smilepost #9771 of 1466411/27/12 at 4:01amQuote:
Not that the Zeppelin is bad at what it is. It's just that you can get much better sounding speakers for your money...
This is what Steve Guttenberg has to say on that topic:
Sorry for OT.post #9772 of 1466411/27/12 at 7:42amYou guys know how someone's wing plates broke on their m-100? Are the wing plates plastic? Because on my cross fade lp rouge, the wing plates seemed to be metal?
The wing plates are entirely plastic. Even the "shiny metal" V on the front is just cheapo clipped-on plastic. You can see it in my photo dump on the review page.post #9773 of 1466411/27/12 at 8:00amQuote:
Decided what you're going to do about your M-100's and such?post #9774 of 1466411/27/12 at 8:03amEven if the wing plates crack or break, will it effect the headphones? do the wing plates only matter for aesthetics? Like if they fell off completely, would the headphone still be intact?post #9775 of 1466411/27/12 at 8:40amQuote:
This is from memory, and not with the M-100's right in front of me, but..
I think the wing plates are a big part of what 'ends' the (p)leather headband. I never took them off, but I assume that without them, the open end of the (p)leather headband would be exposed, as well as the metal adjustor piece and such. Not to mention it would probably look horrible..post #9776 of 1466411/27/12 at 9:01ampost #9777 of 1466411/27/12 at 2:03pm
I second this, as well as Beyer DT1350
I'm curious about how they compare to MadDogs too, I know they're barely the same league, but I'm super curious.post #9778 of 1466411/27/12 at 3:12pmpost #9779 of 1466411/27/12 at 4:24pm
That's why. I mostly want to know the differences. I've got tonnes of info here on M-100 (perhaps hype, but I don't regret it) and that's what made me buy them, but I'm still super curious about the DT1350, and MadDogs though, so I want to know how the two compare in terms of staging, application (preferred genres, studio reference, portability, build quality, etc), instrument seperation, detail retrieval, etc. I've been told that the bass is pretty bottomless on the DT1350, despite it not being so punchy and authorative.
I get that they're all totally different beats, but I'd just like to know how the bunch copare, for my own curiosity.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait! 41 seconds ago
- › Is it still worth "investing" in 5.5 Gen. iPods/iMods? (sounds... 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] The Ultraportable Aiaiai Tracks: Basseus Maximus 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Matching +-$200 USB DAC/AMP for Sennheiser HD 650 4 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 4 minutes ago
- › HM-901 8 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VC02 - Info & Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › UPDATED: Maxed-Out Balanced Buffalo II 32-bit DAC / PreAmp 12 minutes ago
- › Perfect desktop / office system 14 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe