Aw yiss, Motherfreakin chiptune and DJ Cutman on the scene.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 652
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9767 of 2253511/27/12 at 12:26ampost #9768 of 2253511/27/12 at 12:39amQuote:Originally Posted by dilinator
M-100s won over the hipsters :p
Unfortunately a look at the 'audio and speakers' part of that guide does not lend credibility to their recommendations...post #9769 of 2253511/27/12 at 1:17ampost #9770 of 2253511/27/12 at 1:22amQuote:
OMG...everything in this pic are soooo beautiful...I'm so gonna try this with my little nephew when I get my m-100. Wish I could get the similar smilepost #9771 of 2253511/27/12 at 4:01amQuote:
Not that the Zeppelin is bad at what it is. It's just that you can get much better sounding speakers for your money...
This is what Steve Guttenberg has to say on that topic:
Sorry for OT.post #9772 of 2253511/27/12 at 7:42amYou guys know how someone's wing plates broke on their m-100? Are the wing plates plastic? Because on my cross fade lp rouge, the wing plates seemed to be metal?
The wing plates are entirely plastic. Even the "shiny metal" V on the front is just cheapo clipped-on plastic. You can see it in my photo dump on the review page.post #9773 of 2253511/27/12 at 8:00amQuote:
Decided what you're going to do about your M-100's and such?post #9774 of 2253511/27/12 at 8:03amEven if the wing plates crack or break, will it effect the headphones? do the wing plates only matter for aesthetics? Like if they fell off completely, would the headphone still be intact?post #9775 of 2253511/27/12 at 8:40amQuote:
This is from memory, and not with the M-100's right in front of me, but..
I think the wing plates are a big part of what 'ends' the (p)leather headband. I never took them off, but I assume that without them, the open end of the (p)leather headband would be exposed, as well as the metal adjustor piece and such. Not to mention it would probably look horrible..post #9776 of 2253511/27/12 at 9:01ampost #9777 of 2253511/27/12 at 2:03pm
I second this, as well as Beyer DT1350
I'm curious about how they compare to MadDogs too, I know they're barely the same league, but I'm super curious.post #9778 of 2253511/27/12 at 3:12pmpost #9779 of 2253511/27/12 at 4:24pm
That's why. I mostly want to know the differences. I've got tonnes of info here on M-100 (perhaps hype, but I don't regret it) and that's what made me buy them, but I'm still super curious about the DT1350, and MadDogs though, so I want to know how the two compare in terms of staging, application (preferred genres, studio reference, portability, build quality, etc), instrument seperation, detail retrieval, etc. I've been told that the bass is pretty bottomless on the DT1350, despite it not being so punchy and authorative.
I get that they're all totally different beats, but I'd just like to know how the bunch copare, for my own curiosity.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP thread 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 8 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse