I'm thinking about getting this or the Sennheiser Momentum. I listen to jazz, classical and some electronic music and I recently sold my Pro 900 because it didn't sound good with classical. So which do you guys think is an all-around headphones?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Was hoping Schiit would cover Modi under warranty since it died just 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 650post #9736 of 2293711/25/12 at 10:26am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9737 of 2293711/25/12 at 11:18am
I'm very interested in the M100 - can any of you who already have them comment further on their build/durability? I read a few comments way back that people were experiencing cracks in the cups and other build issues. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.post #9738 of 2293711/25/12 at 11:30ampost #9739 of 2293711/25/12 at 11:33amQuote:
The build quality is really solid, it seems like they can really take a beating
In my opinion they are really built to last and you don't really have to "baby" them
I personally didn't have any build quality issues with mine but there are very few people that actually did have issues so there is no need to worry.
They try their best to control the quality but sometimes a few that aren't up to standards slip by, those people do still have the warranty and Val did say that they could send them in to get replacement parts once the full launch comes so again there is nothing to worry about.post #9740 of 2293711/25/12 at 1:00pmQuote:
The build quality as a whole is pretty solid. Don't screw in the plates too hard though or you'll risk cracking the earcup's plastic part....like what I did apparently. The wingplate cracking shouldn't be too much of an issue, even if that structure is pretty well-stuffed/very little wiggle room inside. My hinges are a bit loose, but I don't see them falling apart any time soon.
Speaking of the hinge, the hinge itself seems nearly indestructible. It's VERY well-built. The hex screws holding the headphone parts in place on the other hand are probably more likely to break than the hinge itself.post #9741 of 2293711/25/12 at 2:01pmQuote:
Considering the quite significant bass boost of the m-100 I'd say you'd better take a closer look at the Momentum (or other alternatives) if your primary interests are jazz and classical...post #9742 of 2293711/25/12 at 2:59pmpost #9743 of 2293711/25/12 at 3:22pmpost #9744 of 2293711/25/12 at 3:57pmpost #9745 of 2293711/25/12 at 6:25pmpost #9746 of 2293711/25/12 at 8:47pmpost #9747 of 2293711/25/12 at 9:26pmpost #9748 of 2293711/25/12 at 9:33pmQuote:
A small screwdriver will do the trick, although if I recall correctly, Tus-chan's M-100's came with the wingplate randomly off, so I wonder if he was the one who tightened it too much when reattaching it. For now, I don't think anyone other than him has reported the wingplate cracking (although I would be curious to know if the crack happened on the same side it fell off), so for now I'd say you're better off leaving it as is.post #9749 of 2293711/26/12 at 6:19ampost #9750 of 2293711/26/12 at 3:28pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › The Traditional Metal Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Hi, is there anything in the market with a incredible powerful... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for IEMs in the $200-$300 range. 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Meridian Sale and the Tchaik6! 7 minutes ago
- › Finalizing on my first pair of budget IEMs ~$50 7 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear