I'm thinking about getting this or the Sennheiser Momentum. I listen to jazz, classical and some electronic music and I recently sold my Pro 900 because it didn't sound good with classical. So which do you guys think is an all-around headphones?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 650post #9736 of 2194711/25/12 at 10:26am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9737 of 2194711/25/12 at 11:18am
I'm very interested in the M100 - can any of you who already have them comment further on their build/durability? I read a few comments way back that people were experiencing cracks in the cups and other build issues. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.post #9738 of 2194711/25/12 at 11:30ampost #9739 of 2194711/25/12 at 11:33amQuote:
The build quality is really solid, it seems like they can really take a beating
In my opinion they are really built to last and you don't really have to "baby" them
I personally didn't have any build quality issues with mine but there are very few people that actually did have issues so there is no need to worry.
They try their best to control the quality but sometimes a few that aren't up to standards slip by, those people do still have the warranty and Val did say that they could send them in to get replacement parts once the full launch comes so again there is nothing to worry about.post #9740 of 2194711/25/12 at 1:00pmQuote:
The build quality as a whole is pretty solid. Don't screw in the plates too hard though or you'll risk cracking the earcup's plastic part....like what I did apparently. The wingplate cracking shouldn't be too much of an issue, even if that structure is pretty well-stuffed/very little wiggle room inside. My hinges are a bit loose, but I don't see them falling apart any time soon.
Speaking of the hinge, the hinge itself seems nearly indestructible. It's VERY well-built. The hex screws holding the headphone parts in place on the other hand are probably more likely to break than the hinge itself.post #9741 of 2194711/25/12 at 2:01pmQuote:
Considering the quite significant bass boost of the m-100 I'd say you'd better take a closer look at the Momentum (or other alternatives) if your primary interests are jazz and classical...post #9742 of 2194711/25/12 at 2:59pmpost #9743 of 2194711/25/12 at 3:22pmpost #9744 of 2194711/25/12 at 3:57pmpost #9745 of 2194711/25/12 at 6:25pmpost #9746 of 2194711/25/12 at 8:47pmpost #9747 of 2194711/25/12 at 9:26pmpost #9748 of 2194711/25/12 at 9:33pmQuote:
A small screwdriver will do the trick, although if I recall correctly, Tus-chan's M-100's came with the wingplate randomly off, so I wonder if he was the one who tightened it too much when reattaching it. For now, I don't think anyone other than him has reported the wingplate cracking (although I would be curious to know if the crack happened on the same side it fell off), so for now I'd say you're better off leaving it as is.post #9749 of 2194711/26/12 at 6:19ampost #9750 of 2194711/26/12 at 3:28pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Looking for closed back headphones and DAP for music listening and... 1 minute ago
- › Headphone stands? 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 world tour--open for application now! 3 minutes ago
- › Replacement Earpad recommendations? 4 minutes ago
- › Samson sr850 vs superlux 668b vs takstar pro80 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 9 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2