I'm thinking about getting this or the Sennheiser Momentum. I listen to jazz, classical and some electronic music and I recently sold my Pro 900 because it didn't sound good with classical. So which do you guys think is an all-around headphones?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 650post #9736 of 2275011/25/12 at 10:26am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9737 of 2275011/25/12 at 11:18am
I'm very interested in the M100 - can any of you who already have them comment further on their build/durability? I read a few comments way back that people were experiencing cracks in the cups and other build issues. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.post #9738 of 2275011/25/12 at 11:30ampost #9739 of 2275011/25/12 at 11:33amQuote:
The build quality is really solid, it seems like they can really take a beating
In my opinion they are really built to last and you don't really have to "baby" them
I personally didn't have any build quality issues with mine but there are very few people that actually did have issues so there is no need to worry.
They try their best to control the quality but sometimes a few that aren't up to standards slip by, those people do still have the warranty and Val did say that they could send them in to get replacement parts once the full launch comes so again there is nothing to worry about.post #9740 of 2275011/25/12 at 1:00pmQuote:
The build quality as a whole is pretty solid. Don't screw in the plates too hard though or you'll risk cracking the earcup's plastic part....like what I did apparently. The wingplate cracking shouldn't be too much of an issue, even if that structure is pretty well-stuffed/very little wiggle room inside. My hinges are a bit loose, but I don't see them falling apart any time soon.
Speaking of the hinge, the hinge itself seems nearly indestructible. It's VERY well-built. The hex screws holding the headphone parts in place on the other hand are probably more likely to break than the hinge itself.post #9741 of 2275011/25/12 at 2:01pmQuote:
Considering the quite significant bass boost of the m-100 I'd say you'd better take a closer look at the Momentum (or other alternatives) if your primary interests are jazz and classical...post #9742 of 2275011/25/12 at 2:59pmpost #9743 of 2275011/25/12 at 3:22pmpost #9744 of 2275011/25/12 at 3:57pmpost #9745 of 2275011/25/12 at 6:25pmpost #9746 of 2275011/25/12 at 8:47pmpost #9747 of 2275011/25/12 at 9:26pmpost #9748 of 2275011/25/12 at 9:33pmQuote:
A small screwdriver will do the trick, although if I recall correctly, Tus-chan's M-100's came with the wingplate randomly off, so I wonder if he was the one who tightened it too much when reattaching it. For now, I don't think anyone other than him has reported the wingplate cracking (although I would be curious to know if the crack happened on the same side it fell off), so for now I'd say you're better off leaving it as is.post #9749 of 2275011/26/12 at 6:19ampost #9750 of 2275011/26/12 at 3:28pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 37 seconds ago
- › [Help/Advice] Please help me improve my home listening experience... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 3 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 6 minutes ago
- › . 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...