I'm thinking about getting this or the Sennheiser Momentum. I listen to jazz, classical and some electronic music and I recently sold my Pro 900 because it didn't sound good with classical. So which do you guys think is an all-around headphones?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 650post #9736 of 2257211/25/12 at 10:26am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9737 of 2257211/25/12 at 11:18am
I'm very interested in the M100 - can any of you who already have them comment further on their build/durability? I read a few comments way back that people were experiencing cracks in the cups and other build issues. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.post #9738 of 2257211/25/12 at 11:30ampost #9739 of 2257211/25/12 at 11:33amQuote:
The build quality is really solid, it seems like they can really take a beating
In my opinion they are really built to last and you don't really have to "baby" them
I personally didn't have any build quality issues with mine but there are very few people that actually did have issues so there is no need to worry.
They try their best to control the quality but sometimes a few that aren't up to standards slip by, those people do still have the warranty and Val did say that they could send them in to get replacement parts once the full launch comes so again there is nothing to worry about.post #9740 of 2257211/25/12 at 1:00pmQuote:
The build quality as a whole is pretty solid. Don't screw in the plates too hard though or you'll risk cracking the earcup's plastic part....like what I did apparently. The wingplate cracking shouldn't be too much of an issue, even if that structure is pretty well-stuffed/very little wiggle room inside. My hinges are a bit loose, but I don't see them falling apart any time soon.
Speaking of the hinge, the hinge itself seems nearly indestructible. It's VERY well-built. The hex screws holding the headphone parts in place on the other hand are probably more likely to break than the hinge itself.post #9741 of 2257211/25/12 at 2:01pmQuote:
Considering the quite significant bass boost of the m-100 I'd say you'd better take a closer look at the Momentum (or other alternatives) if your primary interests are jazz and classical...post #9742 of 2257211/25/12 at 2:59pmpost #9743 of 2257211/25/12 at 3:22pmpost #9744 of 2257211/25/12 at 3:57pmpost #9745 of 2257211/25/12 at 6:25pmpost #9746 of 2257211/25/12 at 8:47pmpost #9747 of 2257211/25/12 at 9:26pmpost #9748 of 2257211/25/12 at 9:33pmQuote:
A small screwdriver will do the trick, although if I recall correctly, Tus-chan's M-100's came with the wingplate randomly off, so I wonder if he was the one who tightened it too much when reattaching it. For now, I don't think anyone other than him has reported the wingplate cracking (although I would be curious to know if the crack happened on the same side it fell off), so for now I'd say you're better off leaving it as is.post #9749 of 2257211/26/12 at 6:19ampost #9750 of 2257211/26/12 at 3:28pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio e07k vs Schiit fulla 2 minutes ago
- › Signal Transformers Finemet Core 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 V1 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...