Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 619

post #9271 of 20814

WEIRD

post #9272 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeN8 View Post

WEIRD


Binaural recordings are cool like that. I watch a TON of binaural videos on YouTube. Let's just say ASMR is kind of my thing.

 

After giving that a video quick listen, I still have to say that the M-100's are deeper than wide. L/R imaging just seems kind of off to me as they seem more diagonal than right next to me. Usually the matchbox shaking sounds are used to image hard left, hard right, right up/down, and left up/down. With the M-100's they seemed more diagonally back left, diagonally back right, diagonally up, and diagonally down in my head.

 

Evidently I must be the only one "hearing things wrong" since everyone else seems to be amazed at how spacious the soundstage is. T_T

 

 

With the original paper towel mod, the L/R imaging is much better. Things seem more correctly placed in my head with binaural ASMR videos. The matchbox shaking and "haircut scissors" are definitely more close to hard L/R than diagonal L/R.


Edited by miceblue - 11/8/12 at 11:31pm
post #9273 of 20814

It feels so different and for some reason gives me the chills. It's like an invisible hand touching your ear. But imagine if all music was recorded like this....

post #9274 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

Production is right on schedule!  As of now the production dates end November 25-29th.  I'll keep you updated on when that means they'll land in USA and ship direct to customers, but around first few days of December is likely and we are loading them up to ship quickly worldwide.  This is why I've been travelling for so long across the globe, we want them to be available across Europe, North America and Asia on the same day.

 

Cheers!

 

-V

 

The best way to cope with the loss of a loved one.... Stay busy....

 

You make your Nonna proud Mr. V!

post #9275 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

It feels so different and for some reason gives me the chills. It's like an invisible hand touching your ear. But imagine if all music was recorded like this....

Then it would sound pretty weird:

 

 

Now imagine this + the fake-sounding beats that modern pop music has and you have...epic failure? It sounds pretty weird even with real instruments and voices.

...and to think having the lyrics in mostly one channel was weird enough. It's the one reason why I don't listen to The Beatle's music with headphones, it really bugs me.


Edited by miceblue - 11/8/12 at 11:48pm
post #9276 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post

No custom EQ? Seriously?
I would if I could, however it's almost impossible to get a custom eq on an iPod of my generation, and although I haven't tried it at length, I think my computer doesn't sound so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I personally don't like any of those.
OK, so do you think I should use my computer to custom eq, since I'd only be eq-ing for home listening anyway? Not sure if it sounds as good as my iPod touch 2nd generation... bad sound card or something? Your feedback has been really helpful
post #9277 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

Production is right on schedule!  As of now the production dates end November 25-29th.  I'll keep you updated on when that means they'll land in USA and ship direct to customers, but around first few days of December is likely and we are loading them up to ship quickly worldwide.  This is why I've been travelling for so long across the globe, we want them to be available across Europe, North America and Asia on the same day.

 

Cheers!

 

-V


Good news val, but what we all want to know is if you decided where to post all the pictures and videos you have been taking!  biggrin.gif

post #9278 of 20814

Tried to have a search but couldn't find much.

 

Has anyone got any direct comparisons of the M-100 and the Beyer DT 770 Pro 80ohm's? Would be much appreciated.


Edited by JonnyN - 11/9/12 at 3:27am
post #9279 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I'm probably going to pick up a pair of MONSTER Inspiration headphones to compare to these.

 

Please don't even ask why they've come into my possession evil_smiley.gif

No words...just a coloured photo and video.

 

1000

 

post #9280 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylit View Post

The best way to cope with the loss of a loved one.... Stay busy....

You make your Nonna proud Mr. V!

X2.

Thanks for that amazing news Val as they come out just a couple days before my birthday! Can't wait to get my hands on them already.
post #9281 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Please don't even ask why they've come into my possession evil_smiley.gif

No words...just a coloured photo and video.

 

 

 

I assume at some point you're going to be doing a write-up?

post #9282 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Please don't even ask why they've come into my possession evil_smiley.gif

No words...just a coloured photo and video.

Please don't put yourself through what it takes to give us impressions - I don't want you hurting your ears. 

 

I tried a demo unit and they were so uncomfortable I had to take them off after 5 minutes.

post #9283 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Please don't put yourself through what it takes to give us impressions - I don't want you hurting your ears. 

 

I tried a demo unit and they were so uncomfortable I had to take them off after 5 minutes.

I have both the senn hd 25s and the inspirations and to me the inspirations were far more comfortable. i know you cant compare on ear and cirm but having said that i did wish the size of the earpads were a tad bigger. However depth was not a problem as my ears never touched the front of the speakers. So all in all its not that bad at all.  I love the inspirations for bass heavy songs though and much better than the beats line !! n TBH i also really like the design of the inspirations ! 

 

But since you hAve the m100s are the ear pads bigger than the inspirations as my ears just about fit inside the inspirations ? also how does the bass compare ? I use them with a fiio e11 btw. and am thinking to pull the trigger on the m100 but i hope the bass is good and its comfy ?


Edited by Jerryberry - 11/9/12 at 7:49am
post #9284 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Then it would sound pretty weird:

 

 

Now imagine this + the fake-sounding beats that modern pop music has and you have...epic failure? It sounds pretty weird even with real instruments and voices.

...and to think having the lyrics in mostly one channel was weird enough. It's the one reason why I don't listen to The Beatle's music with headphones, it really bugs me.

 

 

 

Believe it or not, I highly recommend getting the mono editions of the 2009 remasters for that exact reason. Back in their day, stereo was just gettings its tires hitting the pavement, so most people had mono systems of course. The Beatles themselves were very heavily involved with the mono productions while they left the Stereo workings with George Martin, which, while a valiant attempt at using a new system, isn't exactly what I'd say is the best way to use stereo.

 

post #9285 of 20814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post

I have both the senn hd 25s and the inspirations and to me the inspirations were far more comfortable. i know you cant compare on ear and cirm but having said that i did wish the size of the earpads were a tad bigger. However depth was not a problem as my ears never touched the front of the speakers. So all in all its not that bad at all.  I love the inspirations for bass heavy songs though and much better than the beats line !! n TBH i also really like the design of the inspirations ! 

 

But since you hAve the m100s are the ear pads bigger than the inspirations as my ears just about fit inside the inspirations ? also how does the bass compare ? I use them with a fiio e11 btw. and am thinking to pull the trigger on the m100 but i hope the bass is good and its comfy ?

M-100 is clearer, punchier, tighter, more comfortable. I may have larger ears, so that may be why mine press so badly into the cup of the inspirations. The cup width and depth is better on the M-100's,  

 

If you like the inspirations, you will love the M-100's, as they're a refinement on the same V-shaped signature in all areas. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.