craaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! thanks for quick response. I hate hype. JUST OPEN THE FLOOD GATES!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 519
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7772 of 2106310/12/12 at 12:58pm
Listening to mine now!!
Started with Philip Glass Mad Rush. Moved to Sonny Rollins, You Don't Know What Love Is. Then switched to Outkast, Aquemini, and now on to Southernplayalisticadillacmusik. In a word--DOPE. I can post up more detailed impressions later.
Homer would say, "Can't talk...eating." Right now, I would say, "Can't talk...listening!"post #7773 of 2106310/12/12 at 1:01pmQuote:
It's not hype - Val is using us as the guinnea pigs to determine when to pull the trigger on mass productionpost #7774 of 2106310/12/12 at 1:14pm
I'm not referring to hype generated by the company or a strategic market placement in order to develop hype...
I just want some headphones ;-( In typical fashion, I'm far to informed to be this inexperienced. I'm assuming there isn't a date I can assume there'll be an availability huh?post #7775 of 2106310/12/12 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by MORSCODE
I'm not referring to hype generated by the company or a strategic market placement in order to develop hype...
I just want some headphones ;-( In typical fashion, I'm far to informed to be this inexperienced. I'm assuming there isn't a date I can assume there'll be an availability huh?
The unfortunate part is that you missed the preorder.
The fortunate part is that our (and V-Moda's) theta-testing can only make the final product even better, and QC will be in full effect for mass production.
Both things will benefit your purchase whenever you get the chance make it.
* * * * *
You might also want to watch the for-sale section of this site. It's always possible someone won't like their M-100s and will choose to sell them to a fellow Head-fi member. If it were me, I'd want to give another member the same deal I was able to get.
And if you just can't wait for the M-100s, the M-80s are as inexpensive as they've ever been -- there might even be excellent deals right after Thanksgiving.
I might also sell my own M-80s at a loss if the M-100s take their place.
Edited by scrypt - 10/12/12 at 1:30pmpost #7776 of 2106310/12/12 at 1:18pmQuote:
Yes, I suppose I forgot to mention that the case has straps inside just like the LP/LP2/M-80 cases.post #7777 of 2106310/12/12 at 1:32pm
Finally got them! My heart skipped a beat when I saw them because:
I'm on my short break inbetween classes but here's some quick comparison notes between the M100 (20 mins of burn in) and the Denon D2000s (modded with D7000 cups and Dynamat, 200 hours of burn in) and the Audio Technica W3000ANV (from memory because my roommate would have lectured me to death if he knew I bought such an expensive headphone) :
- Obvious U shaped frequency curve but not as much as the D2000s
- The M100 has a very tight mid-bass, about half as much sub-bass as the D2000s, and similar to W3000ANV's
- M100s seem to be more, but not too much more, detailed than the D2000s, probably because of the inobtrusive bass
- I expected more bass coming from a portable (not a basshead)
- Mids still recessed compared to the W3000ANV, more forward than the D2000s
- Mids seem cold, spiky and less detailed compared to D2000s and a lot less detailed than the W3000ANVs, maybe more burn in?
- I finally know what high notes sound like! No sibilance detected and a large extension, very much unlike the deafening screech of the D2000s
- I am not good at analyzing highs but it seems to be clearer but less detailed than the W3000ANVs IIRC (yeah I know that doesn't make too much sense)
- Comfort is not that great, but I've been spoiled
- All in all, very happy with my purchase. Val, when is revolver coming out because I need to give you more of my money!
My at-school rig is Alienware M17x R4 -> ALAC FLAC -> ODAC -> MStage V2. Remember, these are very initial impressions that I did in 20 mins since I read somewhere that someone wanted comparisons with the Denons and I will probably update them once burn in is done and I have the free time.
P.S. Where did you guys find the note from Val? I don't think I got one but I might have missed it when I was unboxing.
Edited by Seraphi - 10/12/12 at 1:41pmpost #7778 of 2106310/12/12 at 1:49pmpost #7779 of 2106310/12/12 at 1:51pmpost #7780 of 2106310/12/12 at 2:22pm
My USPS M-100 Package has not moved an inch from:Quote:International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
... Since the 10th. Should I be worried..? This is bugging me. People in South Africa have gotten theirs, but I paid express shipping from LA to Coquitlam, BC, Canada - and I'm still waiting.post #7781 of 2106310/12/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
My USPS has been in LA since it shipped. It shipped on the 8th and the first stop must've been LA cuz it's been there since the 10th.post #7782 of 2106310/12/12 at 2:47pmQuote:
im in canada and got mine yesterday.. idkpost #7783 of 2106310/12/12 at 2:56pmPost rock and Japanese shamisen is the weirdest combination of music I have ever heard. >.>
Sorry for the blurry photo...hands were shaking with excitement, hahahahaha.
Uploading an unboxing video to YouTube as I type this. It's at 68%.
- Fit DOES matter. On one position the mids were hollow and bass extension was lacking. Moved the headphones slightly forward and the sub-bass became more noticeable.
- Mids seem a bit withdrawn, as AnakChan mentioned, but still very acceptable for me.
- Less shimmer in the treble compared to the SRH940, but that might be a good thing for mobile listening
- Bass punch is decent, not the best, but it's there
- Nice warmth in the mids
- To me the bass seems a bit too much, at least in a quiet home it seems that way
- SharePlay cable is longer than the regular, single-button microphone cable.
- Treble seems to be not as extended as I would have liked and seems a bit plastiky to me (testing using Cloudkicker's "Amy I Love You" song)
- ^ yeah cymbal crashes seem a bit quiet (I don't know if recessed is the right word) relative to the lower frequencies (tested using Fourplay's "Bali Run" and 12 Girls Band's "莫高窟 (Mo Gao Ku)" songs)
- Dem bass guitars really shine (such as in Fourplay's songs)
- Soundstage is decent, not as large as what I was expecting. It seems deeper than wide. SRH940 had a wide soundstage relatively speaking.
- Upper mids sound pretty good to me, female vocals seem a bit more realistic than with my SRH940 because of the added warmth I think.
- Comfort doesn't seem to be an issue for me, but my ears are starting to warm up after 15 minutes of use.
- I don't think the M-100's would be good for rock music if you like to "be the drummer" (pretend you're playing the drumset)
- Earcups are actually kind of shallow. The edges of my ears don't touch the earpads themselves, but they do touch the "driver enclosure"
^ sorry for the lack or organization...making this list randomly with random songs. Testing on my Sansa Clip Zip, for a true "portable" test.
Edited by miceblue - 12/5/12 at 4:09pmpost #7784 of 2106310/12/12 at 3:16pmQuote:
USPS only offers delivery confirmation services; so it technically isnt tracking. Sorting and Dispatch scans arent mandatory, and not every package gets updated. As long as it isnt held up at customs, your parcel should be moving right along
Edit: Doesnt USPS hand off all border packages to the local courier? have you tried the tracking number on your postal service's website? I know that whenever I receive a foreign tracking number from their parcel service, it usually gets updated in USPS's website whenever it touches our soil
Edited by aleki - 10/12/12 at 3:21pmpost #7785 of 2106310/12/12 at 3:24pm
Ok, I [officially] have an orange one-button speakeasy cable (from my matte M-100) for trade for a gray or black 3-button speakeasy cable.
Cable I have: http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/695723/sort/display_order/
Cable I'd like: http://v-moda.com/3-button-speakeasy-cable-replacement/
I'll also post on the For Sale/Trade forum, but I thought I'd also x-post here in case there are any V-MODA owners looking for a trade.
Thanks.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 28 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 6 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 13 minutes ago
- › Hello, in need for an amp or Dac for DT 880 13 minutes ago
- › Unofficial V-MODA XL Pads thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)