sorry for the double post, but forgot to add a huge THANK YOU personally to Val! the package was very personalized and so I just wanted to thank u personally for all your hard work! u do not disappoint, M-100 is badass
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Equipment to compare. iFi iDSD Black Label AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen Headphones (returned) Meridian Explorer 2 AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic A20 Amp (returned) HiFiMan X...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 511
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7652 of 2300210/10/12 at 11:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by IBeN8
So I came home today after a long day of work to find that not only had my M-100 arrived, but my brother had already opened up everything and was listening to them,......******* hahah hey at least they are finally here! and they are freakin' awesome! i'm going to put up full impressions tomorrow, but right now pre burn in the very first i noticed when comparing them to my M-80 is that the soundstage really is better and and they are obviously a lot more comfortable due to the design as well as providing MUCH better isolation(also due to design). leakage seems roughly the same as m-80, but one thing that really surprised me is that despite being bigger they actually feel LIGHTER than M-80
M-80s are like 180 grams while M-100s are like 260+ grams lol.post #7653 of 2300210/10/12 at 11:34pmpost #7654 of 2300210/11/12 at 12:08amQuote:
Probably just cognitive dissonance! It looks like it should be really heavy but isn't, so it kind of doubles the effect.post #7655 of 2300210/11/12 at 1:51amQuote:
I brought this up a few hundred pages ago and El Nero and others concurred that they, too, would love to see a leather earpad option. When I did a bit of research, I noticed that someone else had asked for that option for their M-80s months before.
We can't do mods on other earpads and have them fit because of V-Moda's specific design.
In the overly literal sense, I think you're twenty-fourth and I'm fifth in line for leather earpads (since I expect at least four other people mentioned their interest before I did).
But fortunately, if Mr. Kolton ever makes leather pads available, no line will be necessary.
What's that? You say you were speaking metaphorically and only meant to emphasize your enthusiasm for the idea? Never mind. . . .
* * * * *
Just received that fateful shipping notice email and, yes, my order still reads Awaiting Shipment.
However, the tracking number works.
Spoke to someone at customer service today to ask how everyone's order is coming. The gentlemen yodeled that the only remaining hitch was the detained shipment of matte black headphones tweeted by Mr. Kolton. He said that everyone should be taken care of by next week.
I mention this not to revive people's kvetch-fest about shipping, but rather to reassure the final round of customers they're being taken care of. I wouldn't care if I were last person in the VTF queue: That final customer is as important as I, and I'm as important as the first.
Edited by scrypt - 10/11/12 at 3:01ampost #7656 of 2300210/11/12 at 1:52am
**** / **** this thread takes a toll on someone's life. Sorry, I just had to curse. :P 40 ******* pages for the past couple of days. Ok, I'm up to speed now. (On this thread) I still gotta check the recent posts on the other one. *facepalm* Another day.post #7657 of 2300210/11/12 at 2:21amQuote:Originally Posted by valkolton
MY OFFICIAL TRAX
I am going to post our team's primary test tracks too later, but the songs I used the most during development were: . . . .
*2) Val Kolton - Once Bitten (WAV http://www.beatport.com/track/once-bitten-original-mix/3716645 )
Notice the not-quite-sotto-voce reference.post #7658 of 2300210/11/12 at 6:09am
Yep that was me. Seriously though, I was just minding my own business and I still wonder til this day what was with that kid and his Solo's. If you thought that was funny you should have read my entry awhile back on another thread involving this one guy I've dubbed Blue Shirt Apple Hipster Dude and his girlfriend Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I seem to meet all the real interesting people when I'm out and about.
Can you link to this post?post #7659 of 2300210/11/12 at 7:20ampost #7660 of 2300210/11/12 at 7:21am
My M-80s just arrived last week. They sound absolutely fantastic for being portable cans at that pricepoint.
Guess my wallet gonna have to tank another few bucks for the M-100.
Wish V-moda could get some resellers in the European Nordic marked.post #7661 of 2300210/11/12 at 8:45am
While not the original quote, you can find the story in the middle of this page http://www.head-fi.org/t/540242/getting-called-out-for-not-wearing-the-beats/2205
P.S. I can NOT believe I found it in that hot mess of a thread.
P.S.S. Also, in an unfortunate turn of events, I just got done with one of my early gen-eds and am having my usual hour lunch break before the rest of my classes. The USPS guy tried to deliver while I was in class of course, and now all I have to do is drive to the office and pick up my sweet, sweet M100. Problem is, the driver is still out delivering, so I can't go get it now during my lunch break, and once I get back to classes I go straight through, 2-10 pm. I guess I have a dinner break between 6-7, but the office closes at 6:30. Maybe if I sprint to my car after class and speed furiously...
Also, if only driving worked like video games :L
Edited by Leon Dota - 10/11/12 at 10:46ampost #7662 of 2300210/11/12 at 12:24pmpost #7663 of 2300210/11/12 at 12:50pmQuote:
M-100's getting some love
http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/11/v-moda-m-100-audiophile-headphones-hands-on-interview-val-kolton/post #7664 of 2300210/11/12 at 1:03pmpost #7665 of 2300210/11/12 at 1:03pm
ENGADGET, MUST READ ARTICLE/INTERVIEW!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › OHIO Meeting？Columbus/Cincy/Cleveland 5 seconds ago
- › How do you Listen? 16 seconds ago
- › Westone W80 23 seconds ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 26 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › ALO / Campfire Audio Litz Cable 4 minutes ago
- › Need help! really confused with amp/dac choice for dt990 250 ohm pro 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 6 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 Impressions Thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear