sorry for the double post, but forgot to add a huge THANK YOU personally to Val! the package was very personalized and so I just wanted to thank u personally for all your hard work! u do not disappoint, M-100 is badass
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 511
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7652 of 2162310/10/12 at 11:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by IBeN8
So I came home today after a long day of work to find that not only had my M-100 arrived, but my brother had already opened up everything and was listening to them,......******* hahah hey at least they are finally here! and they are freakin' awesome! i'm going to put up full impressions tomorrow, but right now pre burn in the very first i noticed when comparing them to my M-80 is that the soundstage really is better and and they are obviously a lot more comfortable due to the design as well as providing MUCH better isolation(also due to design). leakage seems roughly the same as m-80, but one thing that really surprised me is that despite being bigger they actually feel LIGHTER than M-80
M-80s are like 180 grams while M-100s are like 260+ grams lol.post #7653 of 2162310/10/12 at 11:34pmpost #7654 of 2162310/11/12 at 12:08amQuote:
Probably just cognitive dissonance! It looks like it should be really heavy but isn't, so it kind of doubles the effect.post #7655 of 2162310/11/12 at 1:51amQuote:
I brought this up a few hundred pages ago and El Nero and others concurred that they, too, would love to see a leather earpad option. When I did a bit of research, I noticed that someone else had asked for that option for their M-80s months before.
We can't do mods on other earpads and have them fit because of V-Moda's specific design.
In the overly literal sense, I think you're twenty-fourth and I'm fifth in line for leather earpads (since I expect at least four other people mentioned their interest before I did).
But fortunately, if Mr. Kolton ever makes leather pads available, no line will be necessary.
What's that? You say you were speaking metaphorically and only meant to emphasize your enthusiasm for the idea? Never mind. . . .
* * * * *
Just received that fateful shipping notice email and, yes, my order still reads Awaiting Shipment.
However, the tracking number works.
Spoke to someone at customer service today to ask how everyone's order is coming. The gentlemen yodeled that the only remaining hitch was the detained shipment of matte black headphones tweeted by Mr. Kolton. He said that everyone should be taken care of by next week.
I mention this not to revive people's kvetch-fest about shipping, but rather to reassure the final round of customers they're being taken care of. I wouldn't care if I were last person in the VTF queue: That final customer is as important as I, and I'm as important as the first.
Edited by scrypt - 10/11/12 at 3:01ampost #7656 of 2162310/11/12 at 1:52am
**** / **** this thread takes a toll on someone's life. Sorry, I just had to curse. :P 40 ******* pages for the past couple of days. Ok, I'm up to speed now. (On this thread) I still gotta check the recent posts on the other one. *facepalm* Another day.post #7657 of 2162310/11/12 at 2:21amQuote:Originally Posted by valkolton
MY OFFICIAL TRAX
I am going to post our team's primary test tracks too later, but the songs I used the most during development were: . . . .
*2) Val Kolton - Once Bitten (WAV http://www.beatport.com/track/once-bitten-original-mix/3716645 )
Notice the not-quite-sotto-voce reference.post #7658 of 2162310/11/12 at 6:09am
Yep that was me. Seriously though, I was just minding my own business and I still wonder til this day what was with that kid and his Solo's. If you thought that was funny you should have read my entry awhile back on another thread involving this one guy I've dubbed Blue Shirt Apple Hipster Dude and his girlfriend Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I seem to meet all the real interesting people when I'm out and about.
Can you link to this post?post #7659 of 2162310/11/12 at 7:20ampost #7660 of 2162310/11/12 at 7:21am
My M-80s just arrived last week. They sound absolutely fantastic for being portable cans at that pricepoint.
Guess my wallet gonna have to tank another few bucks for the M-100.
Wish V-moda could get some resellers in the European Nordic marked.post #7661 of 2162310/11/12 at 8:45am
While not the original quote, you can find the story in the middle of this page http://www.head-fi.org/t/540242/getting-called-out-for-not-wearing-the-beats/2205
P.S. I can NOT believe I found it in that hot mess of a thread.
P.S.S. Also, in an unfortunate turn of events, I just got done with one of my early gen-eds and am having my usual hour lunch break before the rest of my classes. The USPS guy tried to deliver while I was in class of course, and now all I have to do is drive to the office and pick up my sweet, sweet M100. Problem is, the driver is still out delivering, so I can't go get it now during my lunch break, and once I get back to classes I go straight through, 2-10 pm. I guess I have a dinner break between 6-7, but the office closes at 6:30. Maybe if I sprint to my car after class and speed furiously...
Also, if only driving worked like video games :L
Edited by Leon Dota - 10/11/12 at 10:46ampost #7662 of 2162310/11/12 at 12:24pmpost #7663 of 2162310/11/12 at 12:50pmQuote:
M-100's getting some love
http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/11/v-moda-m-100-audiophile-headphones-hands-on-interview-val-kolton/post #7664 of 2162310/11/12 at 1:03pmpost #7665 of 2162310/11/12 at 1:03pm
ENGADGET, MUST READ ARTICLE/INTERVIEW!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Short review on the Shozy px-m1 7 seconds ago
- › Arizona... we are few but we are proud! 48 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Z4 Music Edition - finally an audiophile smartphone? 2 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2